Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13076 13077 [13078] 13079 13080 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14545729 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196155 on: June 25, 2021, 07:26:59 pm »

WHAT DOES IT MEAN
Love, scriver~

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #196156 on: June 25, 2021, 07:39:41 pm »

Woahh!...
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196157 on: June 25, 2021, 08:17:00 pm »

Frumple, hand over the drugs!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196158 on: June 25, 2021, 08:17:59 pm »

So bright, so vivid... so intense (intense)

-------

I got back from this week's ping pong. I got very lucky today and was released from work early due to the systems not working for mysterious reasons, meaning noone could do shit, so we left early... early enough to actually get to the ping pong club on time for once!

I feel I managed to actually do fairly well and pace myself well enough to play for almost the full time frame. Granted, I was still sweating like a water balloon with holes poked into it, but I made it to the end. Even better, one of the pros there, one of the best players in the state, gave me real tips and taught me that I was holding my racket wrong THIS ENTIRE FUCKING TIME and that's why I've been having such a hard time. He gave me some awesome coaching, and I really appreciate it. I'll have to try to cement the advice into my mind and do visual training for the 6-non-ping-pong days of the week, so I can come back next week and try to continue to improve myself.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196159 on: June 25, 2021, 09:01:55 pm »

Frumple, hand over the drugs!
So bright, so vivid... so intense (intense)
But not to Josh!!!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196160 on: June 26, 2021, 12:19:23 am »

No drugs, just double rainbow.

Seriously though, I think that was maybe the second or third time I've seen that in person in my life, so it's something like a once a decade phenomena, if that. Neat stuff.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #196161 on: June 26, 2021, 03:28:23 am »

I'm curious, what do they do? How does one use them? The look like nothing more than circuit boards with USB ports attached, but clearly there's something going on there.

It's just a petite computer. I made some circuits and felt quite good getting a motion sensor to work. The Rasbian OS comes with a neat array of programs with a nice suiteof IDEs. Later, I set up a media center with it including some console emulators (basically PS1/PSP was the limit). Right now it is a convenient second computer to test Linux distros on before migrating my main PC to Linux.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196162 on: June 26, 2021, 11:38:48 am »

You can also use it as a network-wide DNS-level adblocker with only a little bit of setup. Used to use mine as a media streaming hub, but I didn't watch enough media for it to make sense, so it just sits in the corner of my apartment blocking ads.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196163 on: June 26, 2021, 01:07:01 pm »

They are fully fledged computer their model is standard new rasberry so you get 4 usb ports, a jack line-out, hdmi out as well as as that other display port with the flat cables like inside most electronics that feature a display...
VGA ports? But by flat I guess is HDMI?

And from what I understand yeah, is kind of a toy/gadget. You can make your own game console(emulators and simple stuff)/dvr/smart tv dongle with them. Also a desktop computer with minimal space footprint and power consumption besides the peripherals.

Huh I'll be damned it actually was called SPI, that's kind of a common acronym isn't it? IDK the things you see on the left. Also on the twice on the right in my pic.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My cousins daughters were so impressed with lakka I gave them my tinkerboard with a well curated 128gb selection of retro games and a bunch of generic ps1 type controllers I got for too cheap. That gave me an excuse to get a rockpi X. I mostly play oldschool windows games, like gog re-releases (tend to play nice with 1024x600... luckily 800x600 was a thing just in case) and open roller coaster tycoon2 etc. Btw does anybody know a good ps1 or n64 emulator for low spec windows computers?

Biggest problem is screen glare outdoors. You can see how incridibly reflective that screen is. Why not get a laptop you ask? Hinges. Batteries. GPIO (small) maybe? Definitly not price. Why not get a tablet? JFL. I just like having a computer than can cannibalise on ewaste.

<-<- =( (if you can find it in the pic  ;D) is a misprint. Btw if anybody likes the box I can provide my old STL files for 3d printing. I had a flatter middle part before (tinkerboad has +- identical form and size as rasberry, maybe port placement is slightly different but that won't matter), one could use as a basis for more modeling or as such.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 01:12:12 pm by dragdeler »
let

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196164 on: June 27, 2021, 10:53:08 am »

waves

Gotta say hi every once in a while to all the beautiful people here. Hope your day is bright.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #196165 on: June 27, 2021, 11:04:55 am »

hi ffs <3 you're cool and smart and handsome
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196166 on: June 27, 2021, 11:08:34 am »

Hello again and welcome as always, freeformschooler!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #196167 on: June 27, 2021, 02:35:02 pm »

I wish it were cloudy and rainy, but it's fucking hot instead. And supposed to be over 100F every day this week.

I should take the dogs swimming down at the lake...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196168 on: June 27, 2021, 07:15:40 pm »

hi ffs <3 you're cool and smart and handsome
Hello again and welcome as always, freeformschooler!

hello you wonderful people, i love you

would be fun to play stuff here again one day but i hope you're all at least well

...I should probably mention I came out a while ago/am transitioning, haha I'm sure that running games with ninety percent female characters on bay12 for so many years wasn't a sign of anything! Especially warrens with its MTF protagonist. Bay12 was such a good formative place for me.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 07:18:43 pm by freeformschooler »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #196169 on: June 27, 2021, 07:28:56 pm »

oh shit its FFS! We've missed you!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 13076 13077 [13078] 13079 13080 ... 13312