Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13084 13085 [13086] 13087 13088 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14645922 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196275 on: July 25, 2021, 05:21:49 pm »

I had a date today! We were supposed to be beachcombing/metal detecting, but it was more enjoyable to enjoy the beach itself and get our feet wet. She's a cutie and a good smoocher.

Also, my African Violet plant is blooming! Little purple flowers with little yellow stamens. Ogh, I hope it's happy.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #196276 on: July 25, 2021, 09:04:05 pm »

I came to share my happy of being able to sleep in for  the first time in a while, but now I'm just jealous of people who can go to the beach.

Congrats None! I hope the beach's hair doesn't get tangled since you were unable to comb it.
In a time before time, I had a name.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196277 on: July 25, 2021, 10:08:00 pm »

I played ping pong on Friday. We got a new member. I got beaten some more, but I'm trying my hardest. The New Member is a 50 something year old Indian Man who works as a civil engineer, and is very friendly. I hope he becomes a regular.

I wish I wasn't such a half-assed lazy peon pissant rat-bastard when it comes to exercising and dieting, or else I wouldn't be dying of overexertion in the middle of every game; I also wish I got to practice more than once a week, catching up to the badasses at the club is a slow slow grind. It's fun though, I appreciate that.

I rode my bike today, something I don't do nearly enough. I got to see a black and yellow striped garter snake on the path, and watched it slowly slither away from me. I didn't know snakes have such a hard time moving on tarmac, it had to get one scale onto the grass before it could pick up any speed at all.
I also got to go enjoy the nearby riverside. I got to see a very majestic white crane. It had a thin, long neck and an enormous wing span. It definitely looked very regal in comparison to the hundreds of drab geese and ducks that inhabit the area. I wish there were more of them, but it was just the one.

Animals are quite enviable in the simplicity of their lives. If they're spending their time lazing around sleeping underneath the shade of the tree, you can trust that that's what they're supposed to be doing. There's no question at all as to the validity of their lives and actions; there's no self-doubt or self-consciousness; no judgment or anxiety; they just are what they are. I liked that I got to appreciate nature today.

Also doing the bike ride, I felt a bit more loosened up and powerful than I usually do, so I could maintain a high speed for much longer than I feel I usually can. I'm usually struggling to get my body to move like I feel it should, I'm so often easily exhausted and reduced to feeling like I'm filled with lead; but today I felt really good.

Overall, a pretty good day.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 10:11:34 pm by JoshuaFH »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196278 on: July 25, 2021, 11:37:20 pm »

Congrats None! I hope the beach's hair doesn't get tangled since you were unable to comb it.

upvote

I wish I wasn't such a half-assed lazy peon pissant rat-bastard when it comes to exercising and dieting

I'm also feeling like this right now.

My happy is that other than being very very tired I think that the worst of the medicine transition is past me. I like looking at my fish and their little flappy feet. flap flap flap, squish squish, little fish
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #196279 on: July 25, 2021, 11:53:05 pm »

Installing KDE Plasma on my Raspberry Pi was the best decision I've made on a Linux machine. I find it hard to describe-- I just love it. I'm euphoric at how elegant everything is, at least at first glance. Something about it just speaks to me on a deep level. I should start over on a Raspbian Lite image, though; the programs list is a total mess from having 2 DEs at once.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196280 on: July 26, 2021, 02:58:22 am »

Aww, beachcombing is such a lovely date idea!  I'm glad it worked out for y'all, plans change eheh!

On dieting, my special someone is starting a diet/workout routine.  I don't think they look "flabby" at all, and I told them so, but also I hope it helps them feel more right! 
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196281 on: July 26, 2021, 06:26:16 am »

Just watch out for the flesh eating parasites if you're going a beaching!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196282 on: July 26, 2021, 07:37:49 am »

Just watch out for the flesh eating parasites if you're going a beaching!
Ah yes, because parasites belong in the Happy thread :)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196283 on: July 26, 2021, 08:26:46 am »

On these forums....
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196284 on: July 26, 2021, 08:29:43 am »

The happy part is that the flesh-eating parasites are still hundreds of miles away from me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196285 on: July 26, 2021, 09:00:08 am »

See? Power of positive thinking!

Also the power of living well away from the planet's equatorial regions. Both good things!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196286 on: July 26, 2021, 09:26:15 am »

Not for me, saldy I can't get much more tropical than this.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #196287 on: July 26, 2021, 11:01:54 am »

I mean we have botflies that spray eggs into your eyes here in Sweden...
Love, scriver~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196288 on: July 26, 2021, 11:03:14 am »

That's not happy, THAT'S NOT HAPPY
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196289 on: July 26, 2021, 11:07:44 am »

It really seems like your avatar is screaming those words Sirus... and that is a happy coincidence isn't?
Pages: 1 ... 13084 13085 [13086] 13087 13088 ... 13312