Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13089 13090 [13091] 13092 13093 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14552974 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196350 on: August 05, 2021, 02:53:59 pm »

Soooooooooo

Hi guys.  This week, I made at total of ~2200 moneybucks, give or take.  And that's with missing Wednesdays' trading.  And not including tomorrow.

Im .... im stoked.  idk how else to describe making so much.  If I could do that every week . . . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196351 on: August 05, 2021, 03:35:31 pm »

Hahaha wow really happy for you. Like four and a half years of my income. In a week. Awesome! You are trading stocks or drugs?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196352 on: August 05, 2021, 03:55:18 pm »

I didn't even recognise you without the cat butt!

I left catbutt buried in the ruins of whatever photo sharing site they used to be hosted on. Never again; they've been through/caused enough suffering.

It all sounds the same for me. If it involves more than two people then is open.
Despite even monogamous setups being ridiculously prone to complication and disaster, some people just want to up the stakes even higher I guess.

After years of hedging, I finally sat down and finished a binge of Neon Genesis Evangelion with some friends, in prep for the 4th Rebuild film coming out this month. Yes this made me happy. It's beautiful, explores generational trauma mindfully and in resonant ways, messes with shounen conventions and expectations, and I get why people loved it.

And to all the people over the years who said the Congratulations ending was weird and bad, I say No! It was a triumph of self-actualization! A promise to oneself, to persist and heal and grow! It was beautiful and important! (Also weird, yes, but sometimes sublimation of the ego is just what happens when you Instrumentality a Human.)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196353 on: August 05, 2021, 04:11:13 pm »

Hahaha wow really happy for you. Like four and a half years of my income. In a week. Awesome! You are trading stocks or drugs?
Stocks.

But 2200 is like a barebones month for me.  i could probably do it, but i wouldnt like it.  Nor would my creditors
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196354 on: August 05, 2021, 04:48:41 pm »

-
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 05:24:46 pm by JoshuaFH »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196355 on: August 05, 2021, 04:54:42 pm »

So look, I don't want to be an asshole, but dressing all this shit up with scientific terminology like you invented the concept of a fuckbuddy is a bit silly. Everybody has besties, some people like noncommittal sex, it's been around since sexual reproduction.

Long as everyone involved is fully aware of what's going on, and noone is being strung along emotionally, you do you. And do your fuckbuddy. They're into that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196356 on: August 05, 2021, 05:26:23 pm »

Okay but "metamour" is a beautiful word that kinda changed my life :P  Language has a lot of subtle power.
It's a concept very awkward to describe with language.  Technically, it's just someone in a polycule who you aren't romantic with.  In practice it (can be) someone to hang out with and sometimes remark "gosh, X is awesome" "yeah they are".

I don't have a lot of romantic bandwidth, but that's what's so great for me about polyamory: My longest relationships have been with people who have several other partners.  And interacting with those other people is just so cool!  Maybe some of it is the subverted expectation that I'm "supposed" to dislike them, yet just... don't.  Why would I, when they help make my love happy?  Plus maybe I've been lucky but they've tended to be real cool individuals.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196357 on: August 05, 2021, 05:38:27 pm »

Are we still doing the self-moderating "Maintaining Our Chill Composures" thing around here? The weirdly hostile vibe seems entirely unnecessary, let alone in this thread. :I

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196358 on: August 05, 2021, 05:50:41 pm »

Thanks, Soli. I really appreciate your take on the matter, so consider your defense taken well. Also, good to see you around again!

It's kinda neat to see so many people here to represent the community.

Unrelated- lubuntu lubuntu lubuntu lubuntu i do not like lxqt but that's okay lubuntu lubuntu i've spent a few hours wrangling and updating things lubuntu lubuntu steam games work pretty great in linux lubuntu lubuntu
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 05:54:04 pm by None »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196359 on: August 05, 2021, 05:54:36 pm »

Y'know, if you were more like me and just never have relationships, you could avoid all this drama.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196360 on: August 05, 2021, 05:55:29 pm »

Are we still doing the self-moderating "Maintaining Our Chill Composures" thing around here? The weirdly hostile vibe seems entirely unnecessary, let alone in this thread. :I

Aiite, fair. My bad.

I proffer a metaphorical fistbump as peace.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196361 on: August 06, 2021, 03:25:18 am »

Finally recovered from my tilt on Lichess. Fell from 1270-ish to 1211, now rising again. This is in the various Rapid time controls, Blitz is too fast for me and Classical I find it hard to concentrate enough in.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196362 on: August 06, 2021, 08:44:45 am »

Unrelated- lubuntu lubuntu lubuntu lubuntu i do not like lxqt but that's okay lubuntu lubuntu i've spent a few hours wrangling and updating things lubuntu lubuntu steam games work pretty great in linux lubuntu lubuntu

Note, due to the extensive changes required for the shift in desktop environments, the Lubuntu team does not support upgrading from 18.04 or below to any greater release. Doing so will result in a broken system. If you are on 18.04 or below and would like to upgrade, please do a fresh install.

dick

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #196363 on: August 06, 2021, 10:45:40 am »

I apologise if you felt jumped on Soli, that was not my aim
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196364 on: August 06, 2021, 10:52:17 am »

Just remember, be responsible and use protection my dear kids!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 13089 13090 [13091] 13092 13093 ... 13312