Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13102 13103 [13104] 13105 13106 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14650845 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196545 on: September 04, 2021, 10:59:59 am »

There's an honest-to-God traditional circus in my village. I'm seeing an actual honest to God circus. This could either be traumatizing or magnificent.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196546 on: September 04, 2021, 11:27:46 am »

A shovel could at least be double-sided.

Zultan what possible situation could you need 9 shovels for?

They're going to burry no°1. △ △ △  It's the new world order.
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196547 on: September 04, 2021, 11:42:49 am »

They're going to burry no°1. △ △ △  It's the new world order.
what is [no°1. △ △ △]?
Also for the 9 shove; thing, what about a nonogonal shovel? All of the shovels pointing outwards and what about a folding mechanism to make sod nine shovels into something like a shovel umbrella minus the covering? Maybe make the shovel (blades? scoops?) different thicknesses and sharp messes, allowing you to carry different shovels for different things. The folding parts might have to be made of small hinges

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196548 on: September 04, 2021, 12:15:11 pm »

IDK who he is exactly, presumably he was formerly known as no°2 (  :D ...) but as is pertains to what he is: he is slightly annoyed at you not knowing him it seems.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #196549 on: September 04, 2021, 12:15:58 pm »

There's an honest-to-God traditional circus in my village. I'm seeing an actual honest to God circus. This could either be traumatizing or magnificent.

With the small amount of circuses still going around these days, the chances of it not being a murder circus is nearly 0
Love, scriver~

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #196550 on: September 04, 2021, 01:33:39 pm »

Well. They did a bit where they ironically played baby shark, a guy juggling lit torches and eating fire, the single campiest man I have seen in person in my entire life doing hula hoop tricks and some professional-Russian-ballet-tier gymnastics in a net held on a rope suspended from the ceiling which was been pulled up and down by three other circus members in the corner clinging to their end of the rope knowing full well that if they let go he was not going to come out uninjured from a fall that high, a clown who never spoke a word, even during mid time when she was running the popcorn and candy floss stand with another circus member, and a performance which the announcer assured the audience was an extremely dangerous performance, that the performer was risking his life to do it and that there was no safety equipment being used. At first I thought "He's clearly sensationalizing this" but jesus christ, the man stood on his hands on a chair, balanced on top of another chair, balanced on top of three more chairs, balanced on top if four glass bottles, balances on top of a metal disk which had been fastened with steel cables atop what looked like a particularly long and thin construction lattice. Which was a little terrifying.

So, uh, yeah, can't say I was disappointed, the baby shark bit notwithstanding, though I think they knew exactly what they were doing with that one. There were a few other good performances, like a guy doing a bunch of physical comedy while trying to sing a very long song, a guy with a trombone, a guy balancing on a bit of wood balanced on two glasses, balanced on top of another piece of wood, balanced on top of four more glasses, balanced on top of one last bit of wood, balanced on top of a strong plastic cylinder laid lengthways. I think it was cool.

Though the chair man might have scarred me for life.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196551 on: September 04, 2021, 01:43:48 pm »

i am very happy that i have so very many plants

all green

so hopeful

I need more. Little worried for how they'll fare through the cold winter months, but, well, learning experiences and all that.

edit: also i have dangly lobster earrings that are too femme for my life but i'm wearing them anyways and it's great because they're lobsters
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 02:42:39 pm by None »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196552 on: September 05, 2021, 02:55:58 am »

Need em to dig a big ass hole and it's always good to have a spare in case one breaks, also that number wasn't even including the two entrenching tools that need new handles as well.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196553 on: September 05, 2021, 03:07:04 am »

I got to listen to Primus live eeeeee!
Not in the audience area but still.  Definitely good times.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #196554 on: September 06, 2021, 06:50:37 pm »

I was playing Space Station 13 again today, and if you're a ghost in that game, you can choose to spawn as a non-crewmember somewhere in a predetermined location, like as a minion at an Evil Base, or a researcher waking up in an abandoned station, or, as I decided to go this round, a random poor sod stranded on Lavaland, the place where Miners go to dig up incredibly dangerous stuff and die horrible deaths very early into the round to the fire, the ash storms, the animals, the "Animals", the ANIMALS, or the simple lack of oxygen and thin atmosphere.

I really, really enjoyed the challenge of surviving on Lavaland with literally nothing but the bare minimum necessities required to grow some mushrooms and not asphixiate instantly. I would listen in on what was going on in the Station over a radio headset a Visitor kindly gifted to me, and no matter how chaotic it got, I was still here, pottering around, hoeing my mushroom patches, convincing certain weeds to grow so I could get my hands on wood, then using said wood to build nice wooden walls and furniture around my cave, then needing to steal an oxygen tank from the Station's mining outpost because a miner found my burrow by accident and the Burrow lost most of its air before the hole was patched up... I just loved every moment of it. The best bit was that you're given a guitar, and you can play actual music on it. Although I wasn't able to play it over the radio and start a pirate radio station on Lavaland due to the game not supporting that, I was able to spend most of my time there working to the tune of the Dwarf Fortress theme, or In The Pines.

I just got... joy, genuine joy, from just... existing, off in the corner, while the world did its own thing. Subsisting on what I had, and learning a lot more about the game in the process, about its crafting systems, about very obscure methods of making things without all the high-tech apparatus on the regular station, about how the game's farming mechanics work... It's an experience, a type of experience, that I always get buried in, whenever I engage with it. It's why I never finish games of Rimworld, because I'm secretly only in it for the period where I'm just playing as three subsistence farmers becoming better friends with one another and surviving a harsh world, as opposed to the late game of Rimworld, where you are running a huge sprawling settlement of as many as 1- people! I dunno, I guess it just loses a bit of the magic when the farming and basic survival aspects of a game disappear beneath power creep. I think I just explained exactly what my problems are with a significant number of games in just one or two sentences... maybe I should finally get around to playing Unreal World?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #196555 on: September 06, 2021, 07:05:55 pm »

Anyone else want to get onto a space pod and go live in a hell-asteroid inhabited by aliens and not have to deal with politics? No? Just me?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #196556 on: September 06, 2021, 07:11:53 pm »

Anyone else want to get onto a space pod and go live in a hell-asteroid inhabited by aliens and not have to deal with politics? No? Just me?
... I mean... If you've got a spare seat...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #196557 on: September 06, 2021, 10:49:55 pm »

a clown who never spoke a word

Those are called "mimes", Imic, and they are to be reviled.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #196558 on: September 07, 2021, 02:24:36 am »

Ah yes, the dreaded mime fields.

Also I have the creeping suspicion that a survival situation would only make the politics more brutal. Like early days Graysons in the Honor Harrington books.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #196559 on: September 07, 2021, 03:55:36 am »

a clown who never spoke a word

Those are called "mimes", Imic, and they are to be reviled.
I know for a fact she wasn't a Mime, everyone knows that Mimes carry baguettes around everywhere, you silly sausage! Smh my head.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 13102 13103 [13104] 13105 13106 ... 13312