Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13103 13104 [13105] 13106 13107 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14556845 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196560 on: September 07, 2021, 09:37:40 pm »

a clown who never spoke a word

Those are called "mimes", Imic, and they are to be reviled.
I know for a fact she wasn't a Mime, everyone knows that Mimes carry baguettes around everywhere, you silly sausage! Smh my head.

The mime population has been decreasing at a steady rate ever since Paris residents have taken to setting up invisible box traps all around the city. The heart of France is really their only viable breeding ground, since young Mimes need the high concentration of pretentiousness in the air in order to develop to sexual maturity, so with their only habitat forcing them out, we may see the last mime in our lifetime.

In other news, I finally mahjong'd enough to get the Invincible Ichihime title in Mahjong Soul. It was a really satisfying prize to work towards, as most MS events are kinda lackluster. I had to play dozens and dozens of games over the course of the last few weeks, way more than I'm used to, so my smurf account is ranking up!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196561 on: September 08, 2021, 01:55:12 am »

Anyone else want to get onto a space pod and go live in a hell-asteroid inhabited by aliens and not have to deal with politics? No? Just me?
... I mean... If you've got a spare seat...
Sure, a new ecosystem to study seems amazing, plus we can hopefully not make the same mistakes that we made on this planet

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196562 on: September 08, 2021, 02:30:15 am »

Anyone else want to get onto a space pod and go live in a hell-asteroid inhabited by aliens and not have to deal with politics? No? Just me?
Sure, a new ecosystem to study seems amazing, plus we can hopefully not make the same mistakes that we made on this planet
It's all fun and science until your oxygen runs out.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196563 on: September 08, 2021, 09:34:02 am »

It's all fun and science until your oxygen runs out.
then let’s find a planet with oxygen on it, or bring something with us that can break carbon dioxide into oxygen, probably via chemosynthesis, we’d need to bring carbon fixing bacteria/archaea that can fix carbon, probably Cyanobacteria or plants too, smaller organisms are likely easier to sustain than larger ones

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196564 on: September 08, 2021, 09:38:10 am »

Importing oxygen is unlikely afaik...I heard once that if you removed all rhe oxygen in earths atmosphere, the rocks and stuff will start releasing it in the air. Likewise I'd assume that you have to saturate the whole minerals with oxygen before it goed into the atmosphere on a foreign planet. Also some planets lack gravity, possibly also magnetism to hold the atmosphere.
let

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196565 on: September 08, 2021, 02:05:23 pm »

Here's a neat two-for-one we can do, theoretically.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196566 on: September 11, 2021, 04:52:30 pm »

I have just finished doing moon and stars in a drawing I do, and I actually feel good about how it's look and my skills, It will definitely change when I draw more of the foreground, but for now ir's look great, I might even just try to draw space at some point.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196567 on: September 13, 2021, 09:31:40 pm »

Amongst the dumb things I've done recently, we have this confluence of jank. Upgrading a Mac Pro 4,1 to Catalina, it loses its wifi drivers. Thus the donor MacBook Pro 8,1 that only exists to share its internet connection. All on the Mac Pro/xserve side table. And I couldn't be happier.

I mean I'd be happier if I could just use the 13" MBP but it needs a keyboard replacement to be functional. In any case, I'll have Apple Configurator 2 soon and can muck with some of the locked salvage devices I've purchased.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196568 on: September 13, 2021, 09:33:26 pm »

mmm, spaghetti hardware

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196569 on: September 13, 2021, 09:54:01 pm »

With some software salsa?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196570 on: September 13, 2021, 11:09:15 pm »

oh shit i just noticed that the desk is actually made of old g6 powermacs or whatever they're called

now that's a tower chassis

damn, makes me miss working in the surplus room where we'd DBAN buggers like that and make desks out of old macs like that

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196571 on: September 13, 2021, 11:19:00 pm »

The functional cheesegrater (right leg of the desk) is a 4,1 Mac Pro with 5,1 firmware. I don't know what the other is. A bit older, I think. It's got each CPU and associated RAM on a separate board.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:20:56 pm by Mephisto »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196572 on: September 14, 2021, 10:20:08 am »

I made this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For this little girl:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My mother in law gave our kid a turtle because he still miss Laika (we all do), we think is a girl because her bottom part is completely flat. It was really hard to do, I'm not really good at crafting art things and the orange is actually crayon, for the brick design I cheated and printed it.

It might need some extra glue.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #196573 on: September 14, 2021, 05:00:17 pm »

Did you name the turtle Bowser?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196574 on: September 14, 2021, 05:07:00 pm »

Nope, pete named her "Tortuguina", which is a made up diminutive of Tortuga (turtle). I guess it could be interpreted as little turtle.
Pages: 1 ... 13103 13104 [13105] 13106 13107 ... 13312