Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13172 13173 [13174] 13175 13176 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14385117 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #197595 on: July 08, 2022, 09:26:58 pm »

Twitter is suing him to continue the deal, mostly because he signed paperwork.

He needs to prove they did something wrong, else it probably still goes through, or he otherwise loses many pennies.
From what I'm picking up, he's going to lose many pennies if it does go through, too -- doesn't have enough liquid funds to make the purchase*, and what he'd have to do to make up the difference is likely to tank his net worth fairly hard. Pretty screwed either way, heh.

*or does, but using it like that would massively depreciate all his other stuff, not quite sure which it is but the specifics hardly matter :V

I'm being a bit stupid atm, but what does the bolded part mean? Spending his liquid funds would depreciate his stuff how?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #197596 on: July 08, 2022, 09:42:34 pm »

Don't ask me the specifics, 'cause I'm too tired to remember them and don't have the energy to go looking for a proper summary, but it's something to do with the financial instruments involved, how the funds are currently held/used and what drawing on them entails.

... could be off base, but probably some degree of their value is tied to how much of it there is, so if you, say, cut the pie by a fifth to feed it to an investment mistake, suddenly the remaining pie is worth less than just that missing fifth. In some ways there's more value in being able to buy twitter than there is in actually buying it, basically, because once you've bought it you're less able to buy another. You'll have your twitter, but the rest of your shit has less weight, and the value of a twitter probably isn't going to make up the difference :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #197597 on: July 08, 2022, 10:20:33 pm »

A lot of his wealth is shares in companies. If he sells them, their price goes down, which tanks their - and his - value. He will need to sell a lot of shares to get that $44bn.

He is also vastly over-valuing Twitter shares, so he’s unlikely to ever recoup the wealth he uses, at least in terms of the Twitter stock price.

Presumably anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197598 on: July 08, 2022, 11:18:30 pm »

https://twitter.com/business/status/1545519558810914816

He's boutta get himself sued I guess lol. He has cold feet now.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197599 on: July 09, 2022, 01:11:49 am »

Oh no that thing that sounded dumb was dumb, who'd have guessed. Way to go Elon, ya moron.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197600 on: July 09, 2022, 01:27:10 am »

Well, atleast I can rest assured that the only thing that can scare the uber wealthy is other uber wealthy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #197601 on: July 09, 2022, 05:48:07 am »

Elon Musk vs Twitter

Alien vs Predator

Whoever wins, we lose

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197602 on: July 09, 2022, 02:45:39 pm »

He lived to eat his hubris I guess...

I only wonder how many people told him this was an insane idea.

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197603 on: July 09, 2022, 09:33:49 pm »

So, it's been approaching a year since I was last on here. I upgraded my PC, Windows shat itself and I lost all my data including the login. Discovered I'd got the password written down and decided to pop my head in again. I'll probably never be as active as I used to be here, but whatever. Bay12 still has something of a special place in my heart.

Anyway, as a bit of a general catchup in this thread: My depression's gone. Don't know if it's for good, but I'm genuinely mentally healthier than I've been in the past five years. My anxiety's still there but it's more controllable. I'm actually beginning to move on with things in my life, while I haven't finished uni still (And it'll be more tricky to do so since I've used all my years of student loans) that's actually back on the cards.

On top of all of that, I realised that I'm actually trans. Which explained about half the shit going on in my life. Pretty sure that's also a significant part of what lead to my depression going away. I've got stuff sorted for a psychological assessment in September, followed by a medical one in October, so fingers crossed everything goes fine and I can actually get on with being who I actually am instead.

I also started up jitsu again since lockdown's gone, probably for good. It's an irritating distance away, but it's something.

I'm also beginning to reconnect with some of my uni friends who I haven't seen since before the pandemic came along and ruined the idea of actual face-to-face meetings.

So yeah, my life's generally on the up-and-up. Even though some crappy thngs have happened I'm feeling far better than I have in a long time.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #197604 on: July 09, 2022, 09:41:20 pm »

Your presence will always be felt here, dude.

Mostly because you broke every thread you posted in :p

It is good things are moving in the right direction for you though. Hopefully you don’t get your toenails kicked off incessantly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197605 on: July 09, 2022, 09:41:50 pm »

Woo, glad you're back!  I see you're suffering from the great avatar issue from several months ago, but otherwise.

Obviously HRT isn't necessary for all trans people, but I've been doing aerobic workouts (instead of endurance walks) MUCH more often since the day I started.  I describe it to people as an anti-depressant and I feel honest about saying that.  I just got a new prescription which might not wear off on Mondays/Tuesdays so bad...  All the things that used to bother me about my body don't feel so oppressive, they're within my control.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197606 on: July 09, 2022, 09:53:09 pm »

Woo, glad you're back!  I see you're suffering from the great avatar issue from several months ago, but otherwise.

Obviously HRT isn't necessary for all trans people, but I've been doing aerobic workouts (instead of endurance walks) MUCH more often since the day I started.  I describe it to people as an anti-depressant and I feel honest about saying that.  I just got a new prescription which might not wear off on Mondays/Tuesdays so bad...  All the things that used to bother me about my body don't feel so oppressive, they're within my control.
Ah no, I never transferred my fapmaster supreme avatar over and if I'm honest, I can't be bothered now.

I'm hoping to get on HRT, as it is I've got the body shape that I can't pull off looking like a girl and on top of that, I live in Tory heartlands so I'm not entirely convinced being trans is actually safe here. Seem to be plenty of violent twats about at the best of times.

Also I hate most exercise, it's been an experience trying to find exercise I actually enjoy.

Your presence will always be felt here, dude.

Mostly because you broke every thread you posted in :p

It is good things are moving in the right direction for you though. Hopefully you don’t get your toenails kicked off incessantly.
Ha, completely cracked the forum simply because I wanted to bury my past embarrassments. I'm just glad that stuff like Tiktok wasn't around in my teenage years.

And I still have trauma from the toenail incidents. Every time someone touches the things with their feet when I'm doing jitsu I feel a strong compulsion to check just to make sure, even if they're not actively hurting.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197607 on: July 09, 2022, 10:01:43 pm »

I don't want to push this, especially if it's difficult.  But my physical effects took at least two months and remain very subtle.  I still sport facial hair, I just no longer hate it because it grows so much slower.  Woo stealth NB.

In torie-Island, you might want to get on the list sooner than later - it takes a long time to get your first dose, so there's a heck of a grace period.

Edit: But I feel the antidepressant effect every week (taking weekly injections, I guess daily pills are easier but more expensive)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 10:06:43 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197608 on: July 09, 2022, 10:06:36 pm »

Oh yeah, I'm working on that. I've gone private because the public wait times are between 5 and 10 years. They're seeing people from 4/5 years ago, but the wait lists have grown a fair bit since then. I refuse to wait until I'm entering my middle age to start. Also my doctor's willing to do shared care, so I won't have to pay for blood draws and the medication won't be any more expensive or inaccessible than any other.

I know full changes are the work of anywhere up to five years, although the first two are where most of the changes happen. Puberty takes even more time, so if anything Puberty 2: Oestrogen Boogaloo taking that long's pretty acceptable.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197609 on: July 09, 2022, 10:34:08 pm »

Congratulations on the gender !!!!!!!!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 13172 13173 [13174] 13175 13176 ... 13310