Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13179 13180 [13181] 13182 13183 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14561053 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #197700 on: July 23, 2022, 11:35:03 am »

Someone suggested the Chinese comic Tamen De Gushi, and it's just a happy lighthearted story (at least so far).

It's about two high school girls who meet and fall in love, and everyone is just so stupid and either happy or anxious all of the time.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #197701 on: July 25, 2022, 12:04:45 am »

Took my dad's new boat out on lake Pend Orielle, was quite nice. Very sunny, great views of the mountains, saw an osprey and a crane.

The lake was very busy though, lots of people out there. One other boat trailing a inter-tube decided to cross our bow, we had to slow down for them to pass. Had lunch, got to talking with dad about the navy base and what they were doing again (the GPS warns us of a submarine cable running the length of the lake, which we figure must be part of their acoustic research base, it doesnt make sense to run phone or power lines down there, especially since Bayview's power and phone lines are connected overland already) It was nice to take it out on a proper drive. Had to figure out how to start it, the battery was dead despite being disconnected and wasnt being charged from the shore outlet. And drive it, because turns out my father has never actually drove a boat bigger than a rowboat before. It was extremely difficult to get the boat back into the dock, he kept overshooting it and bumped into a pylon, no damage done. Another boater helped us pull it in, once he finally got the nose into the slip. It was overall a nice day.

Im paranoid we didnt disconnect the battery though, and it is plugged into the shore this time, so we might be drawing a bunch of power. But, we did pay out the ass to keep the mooring for this month until we can move it, so that should cover the power cost and hopefully nothing comes of it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197702 on: July 27, 2022, 12:12:51 pm »

Today is a good day.

Today is a good day as it is today that I can choose to look back on the last 3 years of my life and conciously move on. 3 years of crippling manic depression, anxiety, and self sabotage. Choosing to inhabit the comfortable dark places in my own mind. Fighting myself every day to keep going. Self loathing  Nearly giving up. Withdrawing from everything other than my work. Almost losing my family. Losing my friends. Giving up on my hobbies. No more. Not after today. I have beaten these demons.

No, today is a great day, because I am beating it, and it is glorious.
This is a blank sig.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #197703 on: July 27, 2022, 07:55:07 pm »

Today, you choose to meet tomorrow, and every today therewith is a blessing wrought by thine own hands and mind. Fight on, friend.

Sorta related, I just want all the men in my life to know that they are respected, loved, and appreciated for who they are as they are, not for what they've done, and that they are deserving of every compassion and tenderness I can muster. That quiet fortitude should be celebrated aloud and met with warmth, successes and joys heralded, tendernesses cultivated tenderly with warmth and mirth and somberness and compassion. That you and we are worthy of emotions and moments of tenderness and support, of a soft touch made in concern, a firm hold in times where support is needed. You lads are worthy in brotherhood and in compassion and the certain knowledge that it will be okay, no matter who or how and that sometimes though it can be hard to find or provide direction in the dark, that you deserve at least a light along the way.

It's a soppy thing to say three beers in, and maybe a little bisexually, but damn it all, I want the boys to know they're loved, y'know? I want to celebrate them past the insecurities they carry, to acknowledge all the good they do. I want to be that person that sees all the hard work put in and the heartwrench that they push past. That heartwrench is in all of us and I see it, y'know?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #197704 on: July 30, 2022, 02:52:19 pm »

While the last episode of Season 1 of Helluva Boss is on legal hiatus, the first episode of Season 2 is out!

Backstory and development! :D
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197705 on: July 30, 2022, 03:12:00 pm »

Huh? What happened to the season 1 finale?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #197706 on: July 30, 2022, 03:37:23 pm »

Allegedly legal issues, all hush-hush right now. We'll supposedly be getting that episode as an ONA at a later time.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #197708 on: July 30, 2022, 04:26:00 pm »

Original net animation.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197709 on: July 30, 2022, 04:30:08 pm »

I had a really, really bad migraine yesterday that sparked a whole emotional breakdown, but I feel better today. Kinda weird, but better.

Also I ran straight into the 50 book max requirement at my local library, very proud of myself. I'm enjoying my borrowed happiness ;)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197710 on: July 31, 2022, 06:38:13 am »

the prompt of "yer mum" gave... one distorted picture of some woman... and then a bunch of wonky pictures of flowers

yer okay unthinking bot thing, yer okay

Chrysanthyermums

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #197711 on: August 01, 2022, 05:57:33 am »

@Vector

Not sure if you're a really fast reader or a slow one... :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197712 on: August 01, 2022, 01:03:31 pm »

@Vector

Not sure if you're a really fast reader or a slow one... :P

LOL. Fast? Slow? Happy!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197713 on: August 03, 2022, 02:34:47 pm »

Gender therapist appointment, blood tests, and medical appointment are all coming up. They're all proceeding in one month of each other (Bloods in less than a week, month after is therapist, little over a month after is medical), so with any luck I'll be getting started in a little over 3 months.

I don't think I've looked forward to something this much since I was a 5 year old on the run up to Christmas.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #197714 on: August 03, 2022, 04:30:09 pm »

God, I love how many of lower boarders from way back all turned out trans.
Pages: 1 ... 13179 13180 [13181] 13182 13183 ... 13312