Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14520237 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #19800 on: September 10, 2010, 07:43:45 pm »

Is the meaning of it that no matter what you do, you're going to die in the end anyway?
Speaking of which, I finally beat Half-Life: Opposing Force.

It's nice to end another game defeating an eldritch horror. This one was a pansy however. Sure it looked intimidating, but it was more a puzzle boss if anything. Somewhat disappointed considering how cool it looked. Additionaly, the ending was what you'd expect from a Half-life game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19801 on: September 10, 2010, 07:59:02 pm »

Yeah, Genewurm wasn't really all too hard. Fighting his minions, the shockrifle troopers? That's pretty exciting. Unless you sneak up on one with the wrench held back, tap him on the shoulder, then wrench his eye out.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19802 on: September 10, 2010, 08:05:10 pm »

I liked their shock-rifles. Non-stop supply of ammo, after enough concentrated hits your enemies explode? Hell yeah. Especially fun against black-ops troops. I felt like the main character in District 9.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19803 on: September 10, 2010, 08:05:34 pm »

I'm so close to a full sig. What should the last character be?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #19804 on: September 10, 2010, 08:06:21 pm »

i. Because imaginary numbers are fun.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19805 on: September 10, 2010, 08:08:55 pm »

I liked their shock-rifles. Non-stop supply of ammo, after enough concentrated hits your enemies explode? Hell yeah. Especially fun against black-ops troops. I felt like the main character in District 9.

Heh, the shockrifle was one of my favorite weapons, to be sure. I also liked meleeing everything it was possible to get close to with the combat knife or wrench. The only things you're not likely to kill hand to hand without a sneak attack are the aforementioned shockrifle troopers, the icthyosaurids, and the voltigores.

I hated the voltigores. Worst level ever.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19806 on: September 10, 2010, 08:09:57 pm »

It's nice to end another game defeating an eldritch horror. This one was a pansy however. Sure it looked intimidating, but it was more a puzzle boss if anything. Somewhat disappointed considering how cool it looked. Additionaly, the ending was what you'd expect from a Half-life game.

Pity the Dimension X aliens are pretty much totally non-canon.  And I hated the unlimited monster closets more than anything, and having to fight other military guys, and the sense of shoehorning in as many references to Half-Life events as possible.

But hey, hopefully we'll get to see ol' Shepard again someday, if Valve ever actually makes a Half-Life 3, which seems increasingly doubtful.  But I too really enjoyed the feeling of Human Soldiers vs Alien Soldiers.  Those were some of my favorite parts of the original, when you're running around on the surface and the world is going to shit around you, and you stumble onto the military fighting mixed-force alien teams.  Cool stuff.  Makes me wish there was a Half-Life RTS, a la Halo Wars.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19807 on: September 10, 2010, 08:18:05 pm »

I'm watching Three Guys Search for Evidence to Support Foregone Conclusions on History Imaginary.

Good times.
Shoes...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19808 on: September 10, 2010, 08:20:43 pm »

aquizar, remember how long it took to make HL2, or TF2?

yeah, we'll get HL3, but it'll be a while.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19809 on: September 10, 2010, 08:22:45 pm »

aquizar, remember how long it took to make HL2, or TF2?

yeah, we'll get HL3, but it'll be a while.

You mean Half-Life 2 Episode 3, right?
Also, Valve Time. Look it up. Hell, just look at Valve's Wikipedia entry. "It'll be a while" is an understatement.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19810 on: September 10, 2010, 08:29:02 pm »

I return from the Funeral. It was a good service. She served as a nurse in WWII so there were a dozen military guys there and three riflemen who each fired three shots for the memorial. Around five families were there consisting of her three children and two close friends. After the service we lifted up the rug they use for the service area to reveal the plot where they buried our great-grandparents ashes, one of which served in both world wars.

Car ride back was around five straight hours of sitting in a car that was short about two inches of headroom for me, so that was a bit of a stretch. But worth it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19811 on: September 10, 2010, 08:31:58 pm »

Tin Eye apparently works surprisingly well.  It took Bauglir's avatar to source (apparently that guy got his pupils modded a few times) and tells me that Armok's is "too simple or too small to create unique signature".

And I can buy a poster with Duke's avatar on from German Amazon.  And that Jack's avatar is creepy no matter what format it's in.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19813 on: September 10, 2010, 08:36:21 pm »

Sweet, a new Tuck Seasons came out 3 days ago, and i have not check for them as I expected them to come out once a month or so, before gradually taking longer and longer.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19814 on: September 10, 2010, 08:39:23 pm »

And I can buy a poster with Duke's avatar on from German Amazon.  And that Jack's avatar is creepy no matter what format it's in.
Look what terrifying thing you made me find.

Duke cancels look good: Being strange Chinese thing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 13311