Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13201 13202 [13203] 13204 13205 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14541683 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #198030 on: October 18, 2022, 03:54:25 pm »

Combine them with oversized stolen hoodie for maximum irony and achieve supreme negative gender integer overflow fashion

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198031 on: October 18, 2022, 05:10:55 pm »

I am posting from my new desktop, assembled by yours truly (with a lot of advice and tech support from friends online) over the weekend. If "didn't fuck up and break a thousand dollars' worth of electronics via fumblefingers" isn't cause to be happy, I'm not sure what is.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198032 on: October 18, 2022, 05:51:33 pm »

Combine them with oversized stolen hoodie for maximum irony and achieve supreme negative gender integer overflow fashion
The Dysphoria Hoodie (TM) is a known item of clothing for trans people.

Honestly I'm probably gonna wind up with a fairly non-stereotypically girly-girl wardrobe. I'm just used to male clothing. It's weird how much of a difference there is between approaching masculinity while being masculine, and approaching masculinity while being feminine. And going the femboy route would actually be really dysphoria inducing for me.

Brain's fucked, it's weird.

I am posting from my new desktop, assembled by yours truly (with a lot of advice and tech support from friends online) over the weekend. If "didn't fuck up and break a thousand dollars' worth of electronics via fumblefingers" isn't cause to be happy, I'm not sure what is.
Like expensive lego.

I remember the RAM sticks worrying me when I first made my computer, you have to put a surprising amount of force into them.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198033 on: October 18, 2022, 05:57:18 pm »

The RAM took a surprising amount of force, this is true, but for me the GPU was worse. It was a lot bigger for one thing, and instead of getting installed straight down onto the motherboard it had to go in sideways. It also took more pressure than expected, and this time it wasn't some $50 RAM stick but a significant portion of the entire build cost.

Sure looks nice now, but at the time it was nerve-wracking.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198034 on: October 18, 2022, 06:02:33 pm »

Been rereading the CHERUB books since I'd devoured them as a teenager a few times, but never picked them up again after that.

Obviously for young teenagers, it's not as good as something like Discworld or The Expanse, but it's got its charms and is being heavily propped up by my nostalgia. Pretty enjoyable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #198035 on: October 18, 2022, 06:56:29 pm »

The Dysphoria Hoodie (TM) is a known item of clothing for trans people.
It's got better branding at least than the tactical urban ghillie suit

Honestly I'm probably gonna wind up with a fairly non-stereotypically girly-girl wardrobe. I'm just used to male clothing. It's weird how much of a difference there is between approaching masculinity while being masculine, and approaching masculinity while being feminine. And going the femboy route would actually be really dysphoria inducing for me.

Brain's fucked, it's weird.
Reminds me of a funny interaction I had with the best linguist I've ever known. Granted I don't know that many but they spoke over 10 languages fluently which is mighty fucking impressive. In their young adulthood they'd very quietly started transitioning mtf, and they told me about it asking what I thought and I said as long as you know it you know yourself best, and their big smile as I said come ere' and give me a big manly hug like always. Only then they were all 'no no, feminine hug.' Now I still don't know very well how to do anything but my best impression of an otter breaking a clam on its belly when I hug someone but Lord then did I try my best ;D

Regarding wardrobes, get an honest friend with an eye for colour and a friend with an honest eye for outlines. Sometimes that's the same person but often it's not; but colour and outline are universal fashion pillars. Most of all just whatever you wear have confidence in yourself, I'm never too bothered if I look like an eclectic mix of a homeless druid and a high class stripper, and all my good stuff I'm terrified of wearing because I don't want them all to get too threadbare like every other clothing I buy once and wear till they're xXtattered cloaksXx. And don't donate all your old clothes to charity if you've still got them, cos you can change a lot of their gender style real easy with a pair of scissors. Honestly if I had a time machine I'd stop the French revolution from happening. Not for any politics mind, it's just the disastrous consequence of 300 years of stigmatising men who wore heels, tights, ribbons and lace as aristocratic frenchies has done nightmares to fashion and gendered fashion which will take 300 years more to unfuck

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198036 on: October 19, 2022, 08:46:06 am »

We have a date for moving now. Is not out of the country but is to a better place indeed. Bye bye dilapidated house and centepides wars... the mosquitoes will not be missed.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #198037 on: October 19, 2022, 08:58:49 am »

Haha! Congratulations LordBaal, I'm so relieved you're moving up, albeit still not moving out proper it is still progress. Anything where you get to deal with less mosquitoes is a victory for sure

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198038 on: October 19, 2022, 03:53:30 pm »

Considering maybe starting using this forum again. Some stuff happened in my life recently and I would like to return to this place from time to time. It's been so, so many years, though... ah well, it should be fine. Hello again, everyone.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #198039 on: October 19, 2022, 03:57:14 pm »

Freeformschooler! Yes! Some new faces, some new names, but we'll be finer for your presence. Welcome back!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198040 on: October 19, 2022, 04:03:02 pm »

Considering maybe starting using this forum again. Some stuff happened in my life recently and I would like to return to this place from time to time. It's been so, so many years, though... ah well, it should be fine. Hello again, everyone.

hey, long time no see
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198041 on: October 19, 2022, 04:05:13 pm »

Oh hey, I remember you.

I'm still slightly amused by the acronym for your name also being "For Fuck's Sake"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198042 on: October 19, 2022, 04:44:20 pm »

Glad a lot of everyone's still around  :P

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198043 on: October 19, 2022, 05:22:38 pm »

Like... 90% of us realised we're trans too, so that's a thing you might have missed.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 13201 13202 [13203] 13204 13205 ... 13312