Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13213 13214 [13215] 13216 13217 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14384689 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #198210 on: November 23, 2022, 10:41:07 am »

Dug up my DS lite and I've reentered the world of official pokemon games with Platinum.

I'd play Emerald, but the battery's dry so I'd like to replace that if I can before.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #198211 on: November 23, 2022, 11:28:09 am »

Hopefully that snow melt runs off before it starts freezing again.

Guess we're lucky here since we haven't really had it stay cold long enough to get any ice yet.

Therein lies the problem, though the snow isn’t high enough for this yet:

The front of my property faces south, which means the sun melts the snow even if it gets below freezing. This also means if there is a pile of snow, it melts and the melt water pools in the shade behind it, and that then freezes into an inch thick sheet of ice which is an utter bastard to break up, even with a good ice chopper.
I can see that being a problem, I'm not sure what an ice chopper is but I've found a tire iron works quite well for smashing problematic ice.
Basically just a means of trying to break up ice. It’s just a straight piece of thin metal on the end of a pole. An easy way to get blisters on your hands.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #198212 on: November 23, 2022, 12:00:23 pm »

A breaking bar (big 5 foot long, inch and a half thick steel bar with point or wedge on the ends) is what we often end up using for that stuff, just because we use them already. Yes, horrible blisters if you don't wear gloves, and risk of bonking yourself on the head

I slid off and got myself stuck in the ditch last night. No damage or injuries. Tow truck just got here to pull us out
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #198213 on: November 23, 2022, 03:14:57 pm »

Today was just talking to one of my friends, I've only known him for three years and in that time he's had to deal with homelessness, unemployment, drunk people, illness and the home office. It's like the pentarchy of the apocalypse. He leveled with me here after the home office kinda gave him an olive branch - they'll let him get citizenship next year, which means one more year of still being homeless and unemployed, as in that year he still isn't allowed to work. The alternative is voluntary repatriation, but he levelled with me and said it's not that he can't go back, it's that he just doesn't want to go back. Rather ashamed he asks me for money; ashamed because he knows I already do not have money.
But I give him the last tenner in my wallet and it's only when I give him a hug that he starts to cry, because at least he's ten quid closer to making an appeal to at least allow him to work for the next year. Because the law in all its wisdom makes it so that the appeals applications cost money, and the cost is borne on the applicant... The applicant who is not allowed to work... If he was just allowed to do things properly, he would have his whole life in order. He's doing everything properly though, even got himself a lawyer, and I told him if ever he gets things in order he can think of repaying me back. There's a lot of people I've had to help over the years, who'd have no one otherwise.

I worry one day I'll just be finished, and I'll have no more to give anyone, and my legs will just give way. I don't regret it, it's one of the few things I'm happy to have practised over the years; the more you do something good, the easier doing good becomes. It means the world to me when people write in to say I made them feel human again, or when people all too seriously say I am a good person. One of my doctor friends said he was ashamed that he wouldn't just throw himself into danger to help a stranger like I would. I told him it would be silly for a doctor to throw himself into danger - doctors are needed to patch up the reckless! I guess the reason why I'm so exhausted is because I'm surrounded by people who want to help me back, but can't. Or people who can help me, but don't care to help. Or the worst kind, who actively try to take as much from me whilst cursing my name and pushing me in the mud. It will probably kill me one day, but I am still standing, and I have never compromised on my morals, and most people don't have half as much. So today is a happy day despite everything else being unwarranted excoriation. No matter how many corporate shitpoles I've had to slide down to the pits of hell, no matter how many sacrifices I make for people who deserve mosquitoes, I remain the same - and I remain sane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #198214 on: November 23, 2022, 03:44:33 pm »

All it takes for evil to win is for the good to stand by and do nothing.

Keep fighting the good fight, there are few people actually doing it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198215 on: November 23, 2022, 04:01:51 pm »

I am finally starting to shake off this respiratory superplague. I woke up without a throat that was so sore it would spasm and its kinda been getting better since.

A new day is dawning, and my ass can actually drag itself outside and see it :D
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #198216 on: November 23, 2022, 04:25:09 pm »

congrats.  covid?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198217 on: November 23, 2022, 06:50:19 pm »

No, just some dumb super rhinovirus that ripped through town last month. Got tested for covid/flu/strep, all negative. Got the bigboy super-deep covid test too.

They have the damn schools closed because all the staff has it as well as like half the town. There hasn't been Advil on the shelves for like 2 weeks because it gets bought so fast.

Finally on the other side of it, though.

Quickedit: It's not like, a dangerous virus, just super persistent and miserable. Just bad enough to stop people from functioning, but not enough to send anyone to the hospital (to my knowledge).
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #198218 on: November 23, 2022, 08:33:15 pm »

Come to think of it my mother got badly sick last week too, similar symptoms. My brother and the kids are sick now too, so is my father.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #198219 on: November 24, 2022, 10:20:49 am »

I hope it's called rhinovirus nit because of the nose but because it hits you like one
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198220 on: November 24, 2022, 11:35:21 am »

Holidays can feel a little lonely sometimes but I accidentally got a laugh out of partner with an unintended pun and suddenly the distance seemed unimportant.
That's what I get for being emotionally vulnerable <3
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #198221 on: November 26, 2022, 02:09:10 pm »

I may have finally gotten proper accomidation! AND IT'S ON THE SAME STREET AS MY COLLEGE! But it turns out it was way smaller than I hoped it would be, so my scheme to get a friend out of an abusive household has hit a snag.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198222 on: November 27, 2022, 05:18:24 am »

I may have finally gotten proper accomidation! AND IT'S ON THE SAME STREET AS MY COLLEGE! But it turns out it was way smaller than I hoped it would be, so my scheme to get a friend out of an abusive household has hit a snag.
If your friend is really needing to get out of that situation than the size of the space shouldn't matter, as long as there's room for two people to sleep there is plenty of room for the two of you.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198223 on: November 27, 2022, 08:56:04 am »

Slept a full night for what feels like the first time in a long time, though I'm not sure what did it.

Last year I managed to cut my soda drinking to just on weekends, and this year I've nearly done the same with tea, but neither helped. I'm also trying to cut out the junk meals, and I picked up a few new vitamins, so hopefully those'll help.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #198224 on: November 27, 2022, 04:32:23 pm »

If your friend is really needing to get out of that situation than the size of the space shouldn't matter, as long as there's room for two people to sleep there is plenty of room for the two of you.

It's not... immediately urgent, but it could be quite soon, and the issue is less me wanting space or whatever, and more negotiating this with the landlord.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 13213 13214 [13215] 13216 13217 ... 13310