Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13214 13215 [13216] 13217 13218 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14550036 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #198225 on: November 28, 2022, 04:47:47 am »

I may have finally gotten proper accomidation! AND IT'S ON THE SAME STREET AS MY COLLEGE! But it turns out it was way smaller than I hoped it would be, so my scheme to get a friend out of an abusive household has hit a snag.
If your friend is really needing to get out of that situation than the size of the space shouldn't matter, as long as there's room for two people to sleep there is plenty of room for the two of you.

It's not... immediately urgent, but it could be quite soon, and the issue is less me wanting space or whatever, and more negotiating this with the landlord.
I'd figure the landlord wouldn't care as long as they got paid.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #198226 on: November 28, 2022, 05:09:11 am »

Depending on space available, landlords would absolutely care, both because the amount of people in a place affects wear and tear and water/power use, but also just because they'd feel entitled to deciding over it.
Love, scriver~

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #198227 on: November 28, 2022, 08:27:04 am »

Hahaha so remember when I said that it wasn't "immediately urgent"?

Yeah so the situation was worse than I thought lol, she's not 18 until April and her parents seem to have zero intention of letting her go before then, also they supposedly check all her text messages so any communication will have to be via Discord. If she runs away though, her parents are gonna call the Guards.

Saying that the situation has worsened is a little misleading, since that implies the situation wasn't already much, much worse than I thought it was.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198228 on: November 28, 2022, 10:36:58 am »

Hahaha so remember when I said that it wasn't "immediately urgent"?

Yeah so the situation was worse than I thought lol, she's not 18 until April and her parents seem to have zero intention of letting her go before then, also they supposedly check all her text messages so any communication will have to be via Discord. If she runs away though, her parents are gonna call the Guards.

Saying that the situation has worsened is a little misleading, since that implies the situation wasn't already much, much worse than I thought it was.

Oh Lord.

...is this something you can call protective services for? If she's a minor, that should fall under their purview.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #198229 on: November 28, 2022, 11:06:28 am »

Congrats on getting space, though! Hope it works out with your friend.

It actually came as a shock to remember how close to me you are.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #198230 on: November 28, 2022, 12:05:04 pm »

I'm going to give her my phone to call childline tomorrow or whenever I next see her so her parents don't find out when they check her call history.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #198231 on: November 28, 2022, 02:39:45 pm »

When does she turn 18? Which is a creepy thing to ask someone in the internet, but once she is 18 she can do whatever she wants, such as leave and never look back.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #198232 on: November 28, 2022, 02:54:23 pm »

April

Edit since I don't want to doublepost: I don't want to get too involved, but I don't want to do nothing either, so as mentioned Imma call childline and hopefully there are professionals who will be able to do more than I can.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 02:56:23 pm by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198233 on: November 28, 2022, 03:57:01 pm »

That's a solid move, yeah. All luck to her.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #198234 on: November 28, 2022, 06:25:44 pm »

Holidays got thrown for a loop when my folks got covid, but made a great time of my visit nearby while visiting other friends and family. Just a really, really good visit all around. Found some essentials thrift shopping, did some family friends a favor, loaded up on boozes I can't find in the area, got to see folks that moved out of the area, it's all been really fun. Instead of a big mashup of family for one great big meal, I got to spend a lot of quality time with friends and family that I no longer live near, and it was super refreshing.

Also, I own a stoneware goblet now and I have discovered today that it holds precisely one bottle of beer's worth of liquid. Also, the bar that I brought the goblet to is absolutely okay if I bring the goblet to drink beer out of on later visits. Like, 'why wouldn't you be the guy that brings a goblet to the bar if you could be that kind of person?'

Just, y'know, very happy to have made the trek, happy to have seen everyone I did, happy to have helped, happy to be home.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198235 on: November 29, 2022, 04:08:28 am »

April

Edit since I don't want to doublepost: I don't want to get too involved, but I don't want to do nothing either, so as mentioned Imma call childline and hopefully there are professionals who will be able to do more than I can.
Hopefully everything works out with your friend.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #198236 on: November 29, 2022, 10:24:29 am »

Holidays got thrown for a loop when my folks got covid, but made a great time of my visit nearby while visiting other friends and family. Just a really, really good visit all around. Found some essentials thrift shopping, did some family friends a favor, loaded up on boozes I can't find in the area, got to see folks that moved out of the area, it's all been really fun. Instead of a big mashup of family for one great big meal, I got to spend a lot of quality time with friends and family that I no longer live near, and it was super refreshing.

Also, I own a stoneware goblet now and I have discovered today that it holds precisely one bottle of beer's worth of liquid. Also, the bar that I brought the goblet to is absolutely okay if I bring the goblet to drink beer out of on later visits. Like, 'why wouldn't you be the guy that brings a goblet to the bar if you could be that kind of person?'

Just, y'know, very happy to have made the trek, happy to have seen everyone I did, happy to have helped, happy to be home.

Send pics!
Love, scriver~

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #198237 on: November 29, 2022, 06:51:55 pm »

Send pics!

goblet goblet goblet goblet

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #198238 on: November 29, 2022, 07:13:51 pm »

It looks like something to eat Angel Delight out of.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198239 on: November 30, 2022, 02:49:02 am »

A goblet fit for a king!
Pages: 1 ... 13214 13215 [13216] 13217 13218 ... 13312