Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13236 13237 [13238] 13239 13240 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14542069 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #198555 on: January 23, 2023, 07:57:56 am »

I'm really curious what kinda scifi chops Max has, I'll read it when it's done :D

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #198556 on: January 23, 2023, 10:28:32 am »

I'm really curious what kinda scifi chops Max has, I'll read it when it's done :D
Semi-hard sci-fi (there's FTL and a whole lot of alien civilizations but that's about it for handwavium), about what is essentially a space road trip by a human and his 2 alien friends across human space because they want to visit Earth. The trip kinda goes wrong in many ways. That's the best summary I can give.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #198557 on: January 23, 2023, 12:23:45 pm »

That actually sounds pretty neat.

Not coincidentally, have you read the Freefall comic?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #198558 on: January 23, 2023, 10:27:26 pm »

That actually sounds pretty neat.

Not coincidentally, have you read the Freefall comic?
I did! It's one of my inspirations, alongside old hard SF from the 70s to the 90s.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198559 on: January 24, 2023, 04:15:44 am »

The older sci-fi is the best stuff, some of the newer stuff gets to close to fantasy for my liking.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198560 on: January 24, 2023, 06:47:39 am »

I still remember the old fantasy book where the secret ancient weapon to defeat the evil wizard was literally just a nuclear-powered tank.

The final villain for the series was a nuclear explosion that had become a demon.

There was also an off-handed mention of giant alien intelligences between the stars that had frightened said nuclear-explosion demon so much to see that it had returned to earth and drifting off to space, but it appears in a single line and never comes up again.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198561 on: January 25, 2023, 04:11:50 am »

You wouldn't happen to remember what that was called because that sounds like it'd something I'd like to read.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #198562 on: January 25, 2023, 04:14:16 am »

Kung Fu Hustle is a great movie. (As is Shaolin Soccer).
Stephen Chow is just an amazing dude in general.
You wouldn't happen to remember what that was called because that sounds like it'd something I'd like to read.
Yeah, that sounds kind kind of awesome.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198563 on: January 25, 2023, 07:49:01 am »

Empire of the East, as I recall. I haven't read them in a long while, so I don't remember how well they hold up.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #198564 on: January 25, 2023, 12:59:46 pm »

I got oldered. Twenty-nine!

My first thought when waking up was 'oof, my back is stiff,' so that's how my day went.

Edit: Well okay the day went really well with a nice dinner, time with friends, and chats with family. Got all the important parts about the occasion done. Very happy with it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 01:08:22 pm by None »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #198565 on: January 25, 2023, 01:05:50 pm »

Welcome to the hell you're not quite thirty but you feel like it and youre treated like a child
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #198566 on: January 25, 2023, 02:17:06 pm »

Happy Birthday!
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198567 on: January 26, 2023, 04:35:50 am »

Happy Birthday!

Empire of the East, as I recall. I haven't read them in a long while, so I don't remember how well they hold up.
Thanks, found an a thing that tells what it's about and I don't see why it wouldn't hold up and it sounds pretty good so now all I've got to do is track down a copy of the first one.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198568 on: January 26, 2023, 06:58:40 am »

I still remember the old fantasy book where the secret ancient weapon to defeat the evil wizard was literally just a nuclear-powered tank.

The final villain for the series was a nuclear explosion that had become a demon.

There was also an off-handed mention of giant alien intelligences between the stars that had frightened said nuclear-explosion demon so much to see that it had returned to earth and drifting off to space, but it appears in a single line and never comes up again.
The BBEG description makes me think of KSBD's angels. Basically sentient nuclear explosions that walk around in a suit of forged armour. That also knows martial arts.

“I wasted 5 hours of hard fighting and a hundred and fifty of my best men bringing it down. Then it exploded.”
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #198569 on: January 27, 2023, 08:20:16 am »

I got oldered. Twenty-nine!

My first thought when waking up was 'oof, my back is stiff,' so that's how my day went.

Edit: Well okay the day went really well with a nice dinner, time with friends, and chats with family. Got all the important parts about the occasion done. Very happy with it.
Happy birthday famalam
Pages: 1 ... 13236 13237 [13238] 13239 13240 ... 13312