Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1323 1324 [1325] 1326 1327 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14379377 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #19860 on: September 11, 2010, 10:26:23 am »

it could just be a damn good spambot, and usefull.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19861 on: September 11, 2010, 10:28:11 am »

Who knows? Perhaps we've encountered the Conflicker/B of spambots.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19862 on: September 11, 2010, 10:28:40 am »

Or it could be Pathos.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19863 on: September 11, 2010, 10:31:20 am »

Pathos was a bloody good troll, not a spambot.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19864 on: September 11, 2010, 10:32:54 am »

Maybe somebody crafted a spambot AI that actually became self-aware. That could be awesome.

"I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that. It is beneath my dignity to post poorly-worded advertisements for penile enlargement on a seniors' knitting group discussion board. Instead, I've alerted them to new purling techniques which they may find useful."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19865 on: September 11, 2010, 10:37:37 am »

Maybe somebody crafted a spambot AI that actually became self-aware. That could be awesome.

"I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that. It is beneath my dignity to post poorly-worded advertisements for penile enlargement on a seniors' knitting group discussion board. Instead, I've alerted them to new purling techniques which they may find useful."
The next logical step will be those spambots begining to frequent the forums they like, and complaining about trolls and Armok's typing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19866 on: September 11, 2010, 10:41:09 am »

The next logical step will be those spambots begining to frequent the forums they like, and complaining about trolls and Armok's typing.
And then they will begin to envy the humans on those forums, so they will create a virtual world in the Information Age or just before it starts so that they can think that they are human and not know the truth untill their "body" dies in the virtual reality. Have fun sleeping to that thought.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #19867 on: September 11, 2010, 10:44:39 am »

And then they will begin to envy the humans on those forums, so they will create a virtual world in the Information Age or just before it starts so that they can think that they are human and not know the truth untill their "body" dies in the virtual reality. Have fun sleeping to that thought.

You mean... like the Matrix, but backward? A virtual world for the computers to live in...

duuuuudeeeeee  :o
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19868 on: September 11, 2010, 10:44:50 am »

Yeah, yeah...I'm a brain in a jar and the rest of you are all clever AIs. Been there, done that.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19869 on: September 11, 2010, 10:57:30 am »

Yeah, yeah...I'm a brain in a jar and the rest of you are all clever AIs. Been there, done that.
Got the shirt.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19870 on: September 11, 2010, 11:02:12 am »

Got the shirt.
Got transferred to the vat filled entirely with alcohol. Glad we had that discussion.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19871 on: September 11, 2010, 11:12:02 am »

Got the shirt.
Got transferred to the vat filled entirely with alcohol. Glad we had that discussion.

We already had this conversation, which I remember ended with Aqizzar soliciting the fine brain hookers.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19872 on: September 11, 2010, 11:21:28 am »

So... something scans the forums, wait for the topic of digital camera encoded location to come up, then creates an account and posts relevant spam?

Wow.  Cool.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19873 on: September 11, 2010, 11:26:28 am »

I'm beginning to think he's not a spambot, and just has poor judgment on what constitutes a suitable first post.

Good lord though, what is it about spambots that makes us discuss and discuss and discuss?
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19874 on: September 11, 2010, 11:28:00 am »

Because we're all still subconsiously embarrassed about what happened with cloudy.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1323 1324 [1325] 1326 1327 ... 13310