Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13246 13247 [13248] 13249 13250 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14498196 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #198705 on: March 15, 2023, 05:40:47 am »

Congrats!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #198706 on: March 15, 2023, 08:18:11 am »

Congratulations!
You will be on the frontline of Bay12's... expanding... infrastructure and design departments.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198707 on: March 15, 2023, 10:29:44 am »

So guess who got into MIT?

Who is Mit and why are you inside them?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198708 on: March 15, 2023, 11:31:24 am »

That's pretty awesome they do some real shit, but as long as it's not harvard it's fine. (before anybody asks it stinks of wealth and it's related biases, whenever their studies pop up in some article it's allways some social science bullshit from a wealthy perspective, never actual technological progress, I forgot how many but the percentage whose parents went is ridiculous, just watch them host a presidiential debate to see how little of a learning institution, and how much a wealth perpetuation institution it is)
let

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198709 on: March 15, 2023, 05:36:46 pm »

So guess who got into MIT?

m-me? 🥺
Definitely wasn't my dumb ass, that's for sure.

Grats to both bloop and hops (maybe.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #198710 on: March 16, 2023, 04:29:42 pm »

Congratulations!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #198711 on: March 17, 2023, 09:54:52 am »

My god, getting multiple trading accounts was a freakin' great move.  Youre not allowed to make to many 'intra-day' trades if you dont have a certain amount of money in a stock trading account.  By federal law, its 4 strikes, youre out for 6 months.

Getting a second account has doubled that number.  to 6.  Because the 4th means you get locked out for 'pattern day trader' tendencies, you effectively have 3 chances per account.

Anyway that means I can swing a day trade every day and still make overnight trades safely.  Much more chances to win -or lose, of course-.  And because its short term I dont need to play the mind game of 'do I really want to risk a daytrade on this losing trade?' and then holding as it only gets more in the red.  In, out, take profits for what they are or take my lumps.

...  Go figure that the rich would lobby for laws that put more mental pressure on the less experienced.  ::)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #198712 on: March 17, 2023, 09:57:41 am »

The best way to analyze the Law is to say "What does this let Rich Fucks do?"
And you're more likely to be right than wrong, since Laws Exist for Rich Fucks.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198713 on: March 18, 2023, 04:08:31 am »

We're taught that laws and rules exist for a reason, and that they exist to improve society...... lol
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #198714 on: March 19, 2023, 09:29:55 pm »

I think I am in a mental state to write much more again.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #198715 on: March 19, 2023, 10:44:48 pm »

I think I am in a mental state to write much more again.
my condolences, but yay writing!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198716 on: March 22, 2023, 11:19:08 am »

Took a full day, but my energy's back. Apparently I'd gone even harder in that Jitsu session than I'd realised.

And, with my energy back, I'm in a really good mood again. I've been feeling really happy lately, dunno why. Maybe with the days getting longer I'm pulling out of a pseudo-SAD state.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198717 on: March 22, 2023, 12:25:11 pm »

I both love and loathe that feeling of total body drain, muscle soreness, and just mental glassing.  Just lean back in my computer chair, put my feet up on my cabinet, and bathe in the total laziness.

Good to hear youre enjoying the sunlight.  It's so nice this time of year.
PKs DF Mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198718 on: March 22, 2023, 01:21:54 pm »

I had a really nice birthday yesterday. Got to try out Foundry Vtt and Pathfinder 2e for the first time. Very good day.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #198719 on: March 22, 2023, 04:34:59 pm »

Finally went and used my health insurance to see a doctor just for introductory stuff, some basic bloodwork, and so I can schedule a full physical later. I haven't had a doctor's appointment proper in probably a decade, so I'm really pleased that I'm getting my health checked.

Anyways, I talked to the doctor about my anxiety, took a very brief survey, and now I've got a prescription for generic Lexapro. Picked it up same day for a whole three bucks. It's... that easy? As 'haven't seen a doctor in ten years' might indicate, I've never had a prescription before. I have no idea how this is going to make me feel (besides less anxious, generally) or what I'm going to go through with it, except for some uneasy reading about SSRIs and others' anecdotes (not helpful for my anxiety, hahaha). I'd say 'fuck it' and start today anyways, except for the other piece of good news-

I'm moving to Utah! I kindled a romance with a friend when I went out there for a week to visit and now we're going to be roommates or 'roommates.' I'm driving the way there with whatever I can fit in my standard fare sedan and I've got a month to jettison most of my stuff, which actually comes as something of a relief since it's going to lead me to complacence to stay here and be comfortable with things that I don't feel anything about (which, coincidentally, triggers my anxiety, but so does being in a store with loud people, forgetting to eat, having too much work to do, having not enough work to do...). The local cult and host of MLMs weird me out, but that's not really my problem.

So I've got brain pills now and that's spooky business to me and I'm thinking of holding off until I don't have to operate heavy machinery for a thousand miles to figure out if it works okay. I'm probably going to have to get over my own stigma of being someone with antidepressants just like I did over being someone who enjoys a greener buzz, but it should be good for my health. So should this move, and this relationship. Exciting times, eh.
Pages: 1 ... 13246 13247 [13248] 13249 13250 ... 13311