Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14556978 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199635 on: March 23, 2024, 09:24:28 pm »

I found this...
Best minute of ATHF
Actually meant to post it elsewhere, which I am doing now, lol

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #199636 on: March 23, 2024, 09:32:58 pm »

put LED lights along my bicycle tires

put a new glarus bicycle bell on the handlebars - it even has a matching color scheme

found a bicycle seat cushion thing that wraps around the existing seat so i won't bruise my ass so bad

lubed it up, no more squeaking

bike's still coming out to less than a hundred bucks total to have acquired, fixed, and put all my personalizing touches on

thrifting is really good in denver

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199637 on: March 24, 2024, 01:31:55 am »

Ran a half-marathon today with a couple of friends. Not only did I finish but I did surprisingly well compared to what I was expecting, clocking in at 2:12 overall. Makes me happy that I'm in such a good shape despite spending a bunch of time basically human pretzeling in front of the PC.

Whats less fun is the bloody pain in my legs and knees tho :V
212 is a great time!!  Thats, like, 9 1/2 min miles!  grats, Im hoping to really nail back down and get back within striking range of that time
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199638 on: March 25, 2024, 07:02:34 am »

The little turd I'm catsitting demanded belly rubs.  He's forgiven for waking me up at 5:25AM again this morning for breakfast.  He has a lovely purr, too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199639 on: March 25, 2024, 07:18:04 am »

God forbid you do something mean to him though.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #199640 on: March 26, 2024, 06:59:55 am »

I'm finishing up the ending to Stardust Marathon!

This feels at once... nervous but at the same time very liberating because I can do anything and not worry about writing myself into a corner.
Ch.31 is done, and the epilogue is mostly done... all I have to do is edit the last chapter which is around 8k words.

At first I thought it was weird to have the final chapter be so big but first off I didn't want to risk messing up the ending, and second of all, well, TV shows often have feature-length episodes as finales, so why not books with long chapters?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199641 on: March 27, 2024, 03:29:19 am »

It's not uncommon for the "last chapter" in a book to broken up into two chapters due to length.

Look at what they do with movie adaptions of book series. You get Final Book Part 1 and Final Book Part 2.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #199642 on: March 27, 2024, 04:13:42 am »

I didn't see any decent places to split it at.

The ending of my hard sci-fi space opera is released! The finale of a lengthy and harrowing journey. More than 3 times longer than the usual chapters are; I wanted to wrap everything up neatly. Most of it is the intense final space battle. What happens after? Might not be what you expect!

Thank you for reading!

Next up I'll fix my first book... the first book is very, very janky, needs a bit of editing. The quality in Marathon is more consistent.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #199643 on: March 27, 2024, 07:29:40 am »

Congratulations! You've done something very achieveous!

I hope you keep the unedited version of your first book around. In time you may come to treasure the jankiness!
Love, scriver~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199644 on: March 27, 2024, 09:22:32 am »

That feeling when you've written a fairly complicated piece of software, and it compiles, and you've already done some bug-crushing, and then when you link up two features together to see if the whole thing works, and it does!

Specifically in this case, a fairly complicated data structure that can be done in RAM or in a File, and the File portion actually works "first time!" Especially since my program crashed due to a stupid bug, after committing to file. And then when I fixed that one, and reloaded the file - all my data was intact!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199645 on: March 29, 2024, 05:12:40 pm »

Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years in prison for orchestrating FTX fraud
... they still refer to him as a "guru" in the title, unfortunately. But he's got 25 years in prison to think about that.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199646 on: April 01, 2024, 05:46:25 pm »

Ever since I started transitioning, expanding my wardrobe and clothes shopping has been significantly more enjoyable. It's weird, knowing that I've spent my whole life hating it because I've been shopping for clothes with male fashion in mind.

Anyways, I should have realised I was trans due to having the fashion sense of a very stereotypical lesbian.

EDIT: The evolutionary biology data's been manipulated! I worked out what to do in Rstudio! Now the easy bit, the write up. It's late, I won't get a good grade on the assignment (Or module as a whole), but it's. Fucking. Over! Mostly.

Very much a module to survive, not to get a good grade in. With luck I won't have that lecturer next year.

EDIT2: Internet guys came over, internet's more stable now and we've gone from 500KB/s to 6.5MB/s. An 13-fold increase is absolutely a win in my books! Thank God for line-of-site broadband.

EDIT3: Childhood hedgehog stuffie's been found, I'm super fucking stoked.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 05:33:47 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #199647 on: April 06, 2024, 02:32:11 am »

Trying to feed a post-surgery doggo pills teaches you things you never knew about her. She's stopped falling for "put the pill in pepperoni" so we had to figure out another method, which ended up "slather it in peanut butter". That worked!

It also taught us that she belches a LOT after she eats peanut butter. Like. Damn, girl, I'm happy you're taking your pills, but you sound like someone kicked a clown in the balls.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #199648 on: April 08, 2024, 02:41:06 pm »

Butter or peanut butter work for our dog too.

A bird flew into my window a while ago, was knocked out and breathing badly for a while there, but stood up when I was going to put her down. I just checked on her and she flew away as soon as she saw me. So that's good! Hopefully she recovers fully

The other bird that chased her into the window never came back to bother her at least.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #199649 on: April 11, 2024, 10:32:17 am »

When I opened the window, outside, for once, smelled as flowers, not as one of amazingly diverse kinds of smoke.