Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14509868 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #20205 on: September 13, 2010, 04:48:19 pm »

Even worse!  Now half of the people will read my current smileys and get the wrong impression!  Argh.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20206 on: September 13, 2010, 05:20:52 pm »

In my Anthropology class, a strongly-creationist student down in front tried to derail the lecture with an evolution debate... citing "something he read that said evolution can't be real or it would be more random".

I could see my professor starting to grin, but bless his heart he kept it under wraps, and cited a few accepted scientific facts, with supporting evidence that gently debunked the guy's statement, and simultaneously got us right back into the lecture. It was a masterstroke.

Speaking of which, he shared this website with the class... which is pretty awesome: Becomming Human.

My Anthro prof would have probably publicly humiliated that kid. The guy could manage to be condescending even when giving you compliments. 
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20207 on: September 13, 2010, 05:37:09 pm »

Half of the girls in my year are like that. I asked my close friend and she said she was a "Yaoi fangirl" :S Meep.

Oh god yaoi

it burns

even the reverse one, I forgot what it was called

it still burns

agh
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20208 on: September 13, 2010, 05:38:09 pm »

Yuri?

Thats like, anti-burn.

Unless of course, you are talking about you loins.

Ho ho!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:41:00 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20209 on: September 13, 2010, 05:44:56 pm »

Yuri isn't so hot IMHO.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20210 on: September 13, 2010, 05:52:47 pm »

Yuri isn't so hot IMHO.
Well, you've clearly been looking at the wrong stuff then!

Probably a matter of personal taste, actually.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20211 on: September 13, 2010, 05:57:57 pm »

I don't even look at that stuff.

I feel like a 80-year old man with menopause when it comes to sexuality.

@ what made me happy:

I went jogging with my sister again last night. It hurt like shit, but I feel great!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20212 on: September 13, 2010, 05:58:48 pm »

Men get menopause what now
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20213 on: September 13, 2010, 05:59:57 pm »

It does happen, but not to every guy.

And then, it's only when you're really old and stuff.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20214 on: September 13, 2010, 06:01:07 pm »

I'm "happy" that I made the jump from Wild Wings (Second Hottest) to Blazing Wings (Hottest; huge jump from Wild) at Buffalo Wild Wings today. And by "happy", I mean "oh god oh god horrible pain awesome endorphine rush".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20215 on: September 13, 2010, 06:01:39 pm »

I always wondered if any number of girls really were into that "yaoi" idea, and if there was any balance on the other side to men being obsessed with lesbians.  Be damned if it's not, occasionally, true.

Romance is cute, and romance without women in it (or without men in it) means that we don't have to think about feminism when all we want is schmaltzy fluff.  Honestly, the entire feminist movement pisses me off sometimes because of the new slant it puts on a bunch of otherwise worthwhile literature.  We can't have a weak female lead once in a while?  We can't fridge our women if the plot asks for it?  Jeez!  Not everything means something.

I can't say I'm especially fond of the seme/uke dynamics that a lot of people get wrapped in, though.  Too much ossification of what could have been an interesting duo =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20216 on: September 13, 2010, 06:03:53 pm »

It does happen, but not to every guy.

And then, it's only when you're really old and stuff.

My feeble Wikipedia skills appear to disagree with you

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20217 on: September 13, 2010, 06:05:24 pm »

Andropause.

and yes, your Wiki-fu is weak.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20218 on: September 13, 2010, 06:07:52 pm »

Ugh. Shitty horror movies. Redundant term.

You know what I should do? I should make a supernatrual horror film with myself as the protagonist. So the evil demon monster would just get up in my face and be all like BLARRGHH and I'd just whip out my gun and shoot it. "Movie f**ing over."
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20219 on: September 13, 2010, 06:08:50 pm »

Ugh. Shitty horror movies. Redundant term.

You know what I should do? I should make a supernatrual horror film with myself as the protagonist. So the evil demon monster would just get up in my face and be all like BLARRGHH and I'd just whip out my gun and shoot it. "Movie f**ing over."

You know what you should do?  Post stuff like this in the sad thread.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 13311