Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1349 1350 [1351] 1352 1353 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14545434 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #20250 on: September 13, 2010, 07:00:25 pm »

Anger must also be conquered!

You must defeat this, the worst of all emotions.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20251 on: September 13, 2010, 07:01:27 pm »

That's right! Get tough! Show that anger who's boss!
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20252 on: September 13, 2010, 07:02:45 pm »

Stare at the anger until it begins to cry.

If it begins to sob without restraint, you have gone to far.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:04:35 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20253 on: September 13, 2010, 07:04:35 pm »

Heh.  My family has a traditional saying: "Get mad, and get the job done."  We also say "Don't wrestle with pigs, because you'll get dirty and the pigs will just enjoy it."

I guess the point is that I need to get better about picking my arguments and channeling my wrath into something useful.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20254 on: September 13, 2010, 07:05:20 pm »

Warning - while you were typing 10 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
By jove...

Debate?

Debate

Methinks that some enterprising person ought to found a Debate Of The Week topic. Set some ground rules that keep everyone off the more flammable subjects, and pick a topic for a week and have at it.

Thoughts?

I am so far unable to get angry, but i can still laugh.

Go me.

Anger is a good, natural emotion; it's all about how you channel it! If not for Anger, we would let people take advantage of us... Anger tunes back our empathy, and our ability to regret, when we absolutely need to be able to do things that might hurt others in order to survive. It can also give us the drive to tackle unpleasant, dangerous, or exhaustive things, and provides the motivation for us to fix the unpleasant or less-than-ideal things in our life.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #20255 on: September 13, 2010, 07:05:44 pm »

We also say "Don't wrestle with pigs, because you'll get dirty and the pigs will just enjoy it."
Seems to sum up the interwebs.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20256 on: September 13, 2010, 07:07:31 pm »

I guess I could have a go at Debate of the Week?

I mean, the obvious way to avoid serious flammability is a no religion/ politics rule.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20257 on: September 13, 2010, 07:08:11 pm »

Methinks that some enterprising person ought to found a Debate Of The Week topic. Set some ground rules that keep everyone off the more flammable subjects, and pick a topic for a week and have at it.

Thoughts?

Yes.  By someone more chill than I am, I hope.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20258 on: September 13, 2010, 07:09:43 pm »

Armok just sent me Kobold pics.

So cute

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20259 on: September 13, 2010, 07:09:50 pm »

I guess I could have a go at Debate of the Week?

I mean, the obvious way to avoid serious flammability is a no religion/ politics rule.
...Is...is there anything serious to debate about that doesn't fall within those two catagories?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20260 on: September 13, 2010, 07:11:20 pm »

I am ridiculously chill. However, I am also ridiculously lazy, and the topics I like to debate might go sailing off into some Tangential Ęther that no one can recognize or relate to.

We need a topic first. And hopefully something that isn't a current event... something more abstract or philosophical.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20261 on: September 13, 2010, 07:11:50 pm »

Is the internet detrimental to humanity as a whole?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20262 on: September 13, 2010, 07:13:28 pm »

...Is...is there anything serious to debate about that doesn't fall within those two catagories?
Plenty of philosophical stuff.  Or to be less serious, entertainment/ lifestyle related stuff.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20263 on: September 13, 2010, 07:15:22 pm »

The future of education?  Boy, is there a lot to argue about there.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20264 on: September 13, 2010, 07:16:31 pm »

We shall have a debate on what we should debate.
Pages: 1 ... 1349 1350 [1351] 1352 1353 ... 13312