Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3029 3030 [3031] 3032 3033 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14552498 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that made you the strongest today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #45450 on: April 01, 2011, 11:09:24 pm »

I sucked, but I enjoyed.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45451 on: April 01, 2011, 11:09:53 pm »

I sucked, but I enjoyed.

Off to the out of context thread!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #45452 on: April 01, 2011, 11:10:10 pm »

You heard it in my topic first folks.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45454 on: April 01, 2011, 11:11:44 pm »

You heard it in my topic first folks.

SHAD0Wdump LIKES SUCKING STUFF
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #45455 on: April 01, 2011, 11:18:38 pm »

If I may ask, what game is that?

Or is that a stupid question?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45456 on: April 01, 2011, 11:23:40 pm »

If I may ask, what game is that?

Or is that a stupid question?
It was magic the gathering over apprentice.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45457 on: April 01, 2011, 11:28:33 pm »

This thread made me happy today. You all and your happy and amusing lives.

Oh, and hot chocolate. Again. If there is such a thing as too much hot chocolate, I have yet to reach that point and aspire to do so.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45458 on: April 01, 2011, 11:35:09 pm »

I've been dropping complaints like they're going out of style in a couple threads that I'd be juggling my old job and a new attempt.  I wanted to keep it under wraps, because Google can destroy anyone's chances at a career, especially in the public world, but now I can safely mention it, if not by name.

I spent a practice day with an issue-campaign organization, and asked a lot of questions about what kind of activities and opportunities their people see.  Long story short, they work full-time hours hitting pavement, going door to door through wealthier neighborhoods soliciting donations for "promoting legislation".  Official hours 2-10PM, pavement hours 4-9PM.  Seemed like a great bunch of folks, including a couple cute college chicks who seemed to really take interest in me, and my boss was a younger copy of Zach Galifianakis.  Then we got to work.

In our one day out together, I was attacked by a dog, proselytized to try Kabbalah, told to fuck off by two old men, made incredibly sad by more old people, questioned by a peace officer, and got worn the fuck out, all in the space of three blocks over five hours.  Their requirements on their fund-raisers?  Minimum $160 a day, which you keep half of, and 40% of anything over.  I went to school for a long damn time not to be a bum in Old Navy and slacks, or as I like to call it "Polo Hobo".  Walking the streets as a salesman with nothing to sell for $80 a day is not going to fucking work.  The fact that about five of the fifteen people had been "working" there more than a month, and these pro's were nutty old hippies, is a pretty strong sign.

So I'm happy that I got a huuuge weight and expectation off my mind, and that I can safely tell myself this is a chump's game.  Sure, I knew it was going to be hard when I decided to try it.  But now I know it would be a wasted effort, and I can walk away with my head high, confident that I'm not missing out on any worthwhile opportunities.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #45459 on: April 01, 2011, 11:37:53 pm »

This thread made me happy today. You all and your happy and amusing lives.

Oh, and hot chocolate. Again. If there is such a thing as too much hot chocolate, I have yet to reach that point and aspire to do so.
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45460 on: April 02, 2011, 12:19:56 am »

Their requirements on their fund-raisers?  Minimum $160 a day

Back when I did non-profit fundraising on medians there were some people who could get $100 in an hour. I usually hit around $50 in that space of time. Granted we were dealing with AIDS prevention in DC so we had good support, but still. Not a problem.

At least not a problem by fundraising standards. As a job that kinda sounds like hell. Cool to hear you are working things out, although it's saddening because you apparently had high hopes for this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45461 on: April 02, 2011, 12:27:37 am »

At least not a problem by fundraising standards. As a job that kinda sounds like hell. Cool to hear you are working things out, although it's saddening because you apparently had high hopes for this.

I don't doubt that it's possible.  I mean, in the three hours or so I walked around the the head honcho (one of the old hippies), she managed to raise about $150 with two trainees in tow, and I know some of the others did better.  But there's no opportunity to move up to something nicer, because this is literally their entire organization and everything they do.  And I'm qualified for better work and better pay.  I want something more consistent, and something that will take me somewhere.

If I was still in college, and had two or three days a week that I was doing nothing and needed some spending cash and a good resume, sure I'd do it.  The "job" is obviously meant for people who aren't the sole supporting income of their household.  But I've got my degree and I'm looking for at least a dependable living wage and hopefully a career.  This isn't the place to start.

Not to mention I told my mother about it, and she practically had a heart attack at the idea of me knocking on doors at 9PM in some of Dallas' neighborhoods.  I know she's worrying too much, but I don't want to put her through that, when the job doesn't really mean anything to me.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 12:30:24 am by Aqizzar »
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #45462 on: April 02, 2011, 12:30:13 am »

Watching Star Trek Enterprise. Most hilariously bad line ever: "Your vessel is under quarantine. Prepare to be boarded."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45463 on: April 02, 2011, 12:32:13 am »

Watching Star Trek Enterprise. Most hilariously bad line ever: "Your vessel is under quarantine. Prepare to be boarded."

To be very fair, that's basically how the US Navy's blockade of Cuba worked.  But yeah, Enterprise lol.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #45464 on: April 02, 2011, 12:34:24 am »

Aqizzar, what did you even go to school for?

Cuz you would make a better president than anyone in the last 20 years has. Even I would vote for you...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 3029 3030 [3031] 3032 3033 ... 13312