Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3151 3152 [3153] 3154 3155 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14551715 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #47280 on: April 12, 2011, 11:23:12 pm »

No, Janet must become car mechanic and provide overpriced repair!

Also, Touhou music is cool.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47282 on: April 12, 2011, 11:27:28 pm »

Anybody else notice a few touhou songs are remixes of the same song? Awesome song, no doubt, but I think 'Beloved Tomboyish Daughter' was the first time I remember hearing this recurring theme.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #47283 on: April 12, 2011, 11:40:27 pm »

I think ZUN just has a fairly rigid compositional style. He really seems to dig frenetic arpeggios and chord inversions. Of course, I haven't listened to that much Touhou music so it might go beyond that.

Beloved Tomboyish Girl is still an awesome song though. It's what got me into Touhou music and is why Cirno will always be my favorite.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:44:37 pm by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47284 on: April 12, 2011, 11:43:36 pm »

I have to agree with that one. It was a mix of music and watching my friend consistently fail at the games that made me interested in Touhou in the first place.

Although I also like Keine. You shouldn't mess with teachers. Especially teachers who can eat history.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47285 on: April 12, 2011, 11:49:17 pm »

I think "Because Princess Inada Is Scolding Me" has become my favourite, and not just because of the most epic remix ever.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47286 on: April 12, 2011, 11:51:16 pm »

Dude, i would love my grandmother to scare the shit outta me as a prank when i sleep.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47287 on: April 12, 2011, 11:51:42 pm »

Uff, I'm really tired.  Been working all day.

Feels great~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47288 on: April 12, 2011, 11:53:47 pm »

Feels great~
Nothing like working, and seeing what your work has achieved =)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47289 on: April 12, 2011, 11:55:22 pm »

Feels great~
yep, 37 hours of work each week, made bank

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #47290 on: April 12, 2011, 11:59:02 pm »

That buggy just got owned.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #47292 on: April 13, 2011, 12:08:09 am »

... That's a girl. A kinda tomboyish girl.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47293 on: April 13, 2011, 12:09:23 am »

Yea i figured out that was a chick, took me a while staring at her before i determined her gender.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #47294 on: April 13, 2011, 12:10:54 am »

I only debate when I know I'll win.
I enjoy debating when everyone else 'knows' I'll lose. Civil War debates? I'm stuck as the South, debating that Lincoln was a terrible choice for president. Crushed the opposition. Abortion? Pro-Choice in an incredibly conservative town. Crushed the opposition. Three famous Americans of the 20th century were stuck on a balloon and had to debate to see (according to the class and teacher) who would get the only parachute. The contenders? All were mighty champions of America that greatly benefited my wonderful country. Eleanor Roosevelt, womens' rights activist extraordinaire. Harriet Tubman, overrated member of the Underground Railroad. Eric Pianka, Lizard Scientist. I was that last guy. I won. Hard.

I kid you not, I won by using my internet debating skills. and my knowledge of MS paint. I legitimately out-debated Harriet Tubman. She wasn't all that important to the Underground Railroad, and she didn't save nearly as many people as some did (There were 20 or more that saved more, and no less than three that evacuated ten times as many.) There was also that incident where she kidnapped a young girl to raise as her own. She couldn't refute any of my arguments (she barely researched anything, mainly relying on her American's fame.), and her only argument against me was that Erik Pianka once said that humans had an effect on the environment, and the only way to stop that effect is to kill all humans. (He jokingly recommended airborne Ebola, and thus he was called a bioterrorist.) Anyway, Eleanor Roosevelt was a tougher nut to crack. She was a great American, and honestly, I was in trouble. She too had few arguments against me, but I had even fewer against her. I was told by my teacher to attempt victory at any reasonable cost, however.

Spoiler: The 'Reasonable' Cost (click to show/hide)
What was that you said? This is batshit insane demagoguery? Yes indeed. Character assassination was involved, and lots of it. You may think these pictures are unrelated, but I argumentatively proved their metaphorical meaning. The first refers to a statement I took WAY out of context. "Actors across the world are but one big family." So are dirty communists, I said. What with their constant comradeship and all. The second picture is indeed Eleanor Roosevelt stabbing the Pope. (She once campaigned against providing government funding to religiously-affiliated schools.) The whole class except for me and a few friends were members of various denominations of Christianity, so it worked beautifully. One of Eleanor Roosevelt's more famous quotes was this. "A woman is like a tea bag. You don't know how strong she is until you put her in hot water", which I cited as this instead. "You don't know how strong (a woman) is until you put her in hot water." If that's not obvious cannibalism, I don't know what is.

My teacher was absolutely appalled. They were more appalled that my ending arguments actually made a sort of freakish sense. I completed every objective, refuted every argument, and decried my foes. Victory was mine, and the people of that alternate universe knew much about lizards the world over.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 3151 3152 [3153] 3154 3155 ... 13312