Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3351 3352 [3353] 3354 3355 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14560841 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [Fish] Things that Nao's owls gave you today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #50280 on: May 01, 2011, 04:08:05 pm »

Making my super chicken dish tonight for dinner.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50281 on: May 01, 2011, 04:55:08 pm »

Uprising by Muse made me happy. First mainstream music I've listened to in weeks, it's all been Homestuck albums and Touhou.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50282 on: May 01, 2011, 05:51:38 pm »

All this video game talk made me happy. Also, coffee! :D
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #50283 on: May 01, 2011, 05:52:46 pm »

I wish I had something to add but amazingly I never played any JRPGs really besides Shining Force.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50284 on: May 01, 2011, 05:54:21 pm »

I wish I had something to add but amazingly I never played any JRPGs really besides Shining Force.
That was a good game too.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50285 on: May 01, 2011, 05:56:03 pm »

I played FFXII, bit that's like the only one I've played. Then again it's probably because my buddy gave it to me. I still don't understand the viera, though.

I miss my PS2.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50286 on: May 01, 2011, 05:58:02 pm »

What happened to it? They still sell PS2s.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50287 on: May 01, 2011, 06:00:20 pm »

Poor as fuck, and shitliekdat.

Anyways, I managed to write 4000 words in less than a week for my personal project! that's a record for me!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50288 on: May 01, 2011, 06:02:40 pm »

Shit yeah, I kinda sorta got Startopia working.  I haven't figured out how to finesse it into not being ugly, but at least I can play it again.  Man, this game never gets old.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #50289 on: May 01, 2011, 06:04:13 pm »

Been busy patching up my computer, so I haven't had anything to say. Now I do, I can't believe the topic is still going.

I've played Chrono trigger, and believe it or not, on my old Mac used to be a PSX save/RAM file that had my progress recorded. I have all but the ending where you don't have Crono on your team (IE- Ending 2). That was all, and then I had to lend it to my sister. When I get that data back, I can finally have closure of having gotten all endings (silly in that regard, I know; but I also had a Chrono Cross save and saveram on there as well). I think Chrono Trigger was the first JRPG that I really got into and first beat, but before that, I got into FF6 and made it to the World of Ruin, but got too aggravated and didn't beat it until years ago. I'm a bit miffed at how close to the end I actually was when I first quit, looking back.

I recall watching my brother play and beat Shining Force, and since beating FFT, I want to see if I can apply some similar tactics to plow through that game. Then again, I don't think I would have the luxury of arithmaticians (calculators) and badass dancers and bards. I still can't believe I took on a high level random encounter with a lone dancer (pretty decent level, but outclassed by the enemies on site), and survived/won. There were quite a few yellow chocobos on their team as well, and they are damn hard to kill (frakking healing spells and teaming up like a package of peeps).

EDIT:
I agree with M0, FFT is by far one of the best. So much customizability. My PSP team is unmerciful. Grimbald has been the most badass mage I've had on my team since the beginning of the game, and even Agrias, I managed to start casting dark magic despite being a holy warrior. Real shame I have yet to come across anyone in town with that game as well to do some quests with. Alternatively, I can always get a PSP emulator, and try to Ad-Hoc it between them from there.

Spoiler: FFT Gamebreaker Tip (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:26:26 pm by Itnetlolor »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50290 on: May 01, 2011, 06:10:20 pm »

FFT is my favorite of the FFverse. My favorite console game is a jrpg that had so much potential but didn't quite make it: SaGa Frontier.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50291 on: May 01, 2011, 06:18:10 pm »

Calculators are anything but what blazes you through the game considering how much you need to grind them. Monks and Ninjas are where it's at.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #50292 on: May 01, 2011, 06:20:38 pm »

Calculators are anything but what blazes you through the game considering how much you need to grind them. Monks and Ninjas are where it's at.
Not unless you have a ninja or theif calculator (which is what I got, until I assigned him as a dark knight (PSP exclusive)). Then they're unstoppable. Preferred allies to make him more unstoppable: a dancer with forbidden or slow dances learned and a bard with speed song learned. You can also make the calculator (or ninja-calc) cast haste on the entire party (especially himself included) to add to it. By then, I had my guy triple casting before the enemy even had a move.

I think the real key to an unstoppable calculator is minimum requirements to unlock, learn key spells in the process (but keep them alive in the process as well), learn best bets (primarily 4 and AP/TU (whatever it is that judges time)), and follow what I advised in my spoiler. I mean, by then, you should have them already with a fast class prepared or unlocked for them to switch to, and bingo.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:30:58 pm by Itnetlolor »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #50293 on: May 01, 2011, 06:21:47 pm »

Pretty much everything in FFT was overpowered to an extent. Even squires could become massively gamebreaking with a little work.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50294 on: May 01, 2011, 06:29:37 pm »

Went to the birthday party of my stepdad's paraplegic son, had some fun. Left a little early before it got too dark, too cold, and my parents too drunk to take me home(they managed to beat me home, though). Had a really nice bike ride home.

Squall is the only character that can never miss, period. He has the most powerful limit break, requiring the least amount of time and skill involved.
Selphie gains the maximum Accuracy stat of 255 without junctions with her best nunchaku, which is always perfect accuracy(as far as I know, Evasion caps at 100). I dunno about the least amount of time and skill required to get Lionheart, getting Pulse Ammo(to upgrade his best weapon) is a bitch sometimes. Only easy way I know if rare Energy Crystal drops from Elnoyle, who is really powerful, and doesn't appear often(there's a guaranteed encounter in Esthar that respawns when you leave the city).

I was also direly confused on whether some of the characters were men or women.
For Flea and Nikki, I think that was the point.
You can see the gender of your characters in their status screens, and enemies you can see their gender by targeting them in battle(random monsters are usually either).
Spoiler: As for Flea and Nikki (click to show/hide)
Pretty much everything in FFT was overpowered to an extent. Even squires could become massively gamebreaking with a little work.
Accumulate, Accumulate, Accumulate, one-shot EVERYTHING.
Rinse.
Repeat.
???
Profit!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 3351 3352 [3353] 3354 3355 ... 13312