Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3574 3575 [3576] 3577 3578 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14557555 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Headpants!] Things you wore on your head today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #53625 on: June 12, 2011, 10:29:28 pm »

I watched Catfish 2010. Wow.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #53626 on: June 12, 2011, 10:35:01 pm »

Playing a tabletop game that runs entirely on percentile dice earlier. A 100 is a critical failure. We had one roll come up. Three simultaneous critical failures around the table (out of 4 players, but that's less relevant). Holy shit, literal one in a million odds. Since 100s have special meaning here, I'm not entirely sure if "The same odds apply to any particular combination of 3 rolls" should be making me less impressed.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53627 on: June 12, 2011, 11:04:42 pm »

I reinstalled the Ultimate DooM Collection yesterday, and have been playing it today.

Complete and utter nostalgia. And fun. And gore. Suck super shotgun. 

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53628 on: June 12, 2011, 11:19:08 pm »

I found a new avatar.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53629 on: June 12, 2011, 11:21:23 pm »

I just finished F.E.A.R. My socks have been blown so far off it'll be three years before the dwarf tasked with fetching said socks will get back.

The gameplay was solid and fluid- The shooty bits stayed entertaining, the Slo-mo feature was fun to watch and use. Visually, it was a treat- even the gory bits, though some of that was just a bit unrealistic.

It had a nasty habit of switching between "scary/storytelling" and action without much leeway in between, which sorta irked me. Once you started shooting people, it would be a while before things started progressing. It didn't mesh well, is what I'm trying to get at.

The best bit was the story. It all builds up to the last two or so "intervals," but oh man, the implications of it all... Even mulling it over in my mind now, I'm still coming up with stuff.
Quite don't know if i feel bad or hate Alma, you pity her and the bitch tries to disintegrate you.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #53630 on: June 13, 2011, 12:12:01 am »

Do you think anyone sells like twin towers stickers?  I'm thinking about buying a bunch of them and sticking one on my computer every time I argue with a truther and win. 

Maybe little goalpost stickers for ones who never respond to my refutations and instead just throw more claims at me.
Shoes...

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #53631 on: June 13, 2011, 12:15:04 am »

Do you think anyone sells like twin towers stickers?  I'm thinking about buying a bunch of them and sticking one on my computer every time I argue with a truther and win. 

Maybe little goalpost stickers for ones who never respond to my refutations and instead just throw more claims at me.
This is the internet. You can never win an argument, you can only lose slightly less than the other person. Especially when it comes to conspiracy theories.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53632 on: June 13, 2011, 12:24:02 am »

Found these.
Everything else tagged as WTC is tacky as fuck or arrogant and amerocentric as hell.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #53633 on: June 13, 2011, 12:32:23 am »

Found these.
Everything else tagged as WTC is tacky as fuck or arrogant and amerocentric as hell.
Oh my God, there was a giant invisible watermark over the towers! There's no way planes could have gotten past that. Obviously this whole thing is a conspiracy perpetrated by Zazzle to sell stickers.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #53634 on: June 13, 2011, 12:42:57 am »

Happy because of a fun D&D session. We had a little infighting on a boat. One person tries to shove another off the boat, provokes an attack of opportunity that ends up dealing 40 damage and killing him instantly. The body was then cremated (it was a sand boat... don't ask) by our fire-breathing Tonka truck (again, don't ask).

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #53635 on: June 13, 2011, 12:45:17 am »

Ever since Terravania (Castlevania-themed Terraria map), I was getting urges to play another Castlevania game. Current game in the works, Portrait of Ruin. Pretty good so far. Like the teamwork concept as well as adopting the Mario64 style of using paintings to jump into other worlds. Story is okay so far, I guess. I've also noticed a few recycled sprites between some of the games I've played so far.

As of recent, one boss that's been a bit annoying lately is Astarte (The Egyptian Goddess). Her freaking charm spell is tough to dodge half the time, and when hit, Johnathan (the male role; IE- the guts/tank) starts attacking the weaker Charlotte (The mage; regardless of good defense stats equipped). Nonetheless, I think I found a way to beat her and dodge the charm attack; and maybe prevent her from casting it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 12:46:53 am by Itnetlolor »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53636 on: June 13, 2011, 01:11:39 am »

Found these.

Aaaand now I've found this.
My day.
It has been made.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #53637 on: June 13, 2011, 01:15:58 am »

I've been known to shout "FORSOOTH, THE GUNNE POWDERE PLOTTE WAS AN INSYDE JOBBE.  WAKEST UP, SHÆPLE!"
Shoes...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #53638 on: June 13, 2011, 04:02:38 am »

Three years ago I requested a girl to add me to Fb. Yesterday she did so.

Better late than never, I guess.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53639 on: June 13, 2011, 04:18:16 am »

Three years ago I requested a girl to add me to Fb. Yesterday she did so.

Better late than never, I guess.

Maybe she went on an incredible adventure for three years, then finally came home, and caught up on all her email and social networking to get her feet back on the ground.  You should ask her about it on her Wall.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 3574 3575 [3576] 3577 3578 ... 13312