Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3636 3637 [3638] 3639 3640 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14561358 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [Science] Charlie and the larval horse. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #54555 on: June 21, 2011, 03:49:27 pm »

Awkwardness sucks, I hate awkwardness.  I'm too damn old to still be awkward, always makes me feel like I got left out somewhere along the way, so I have to be the creepy guy still hitting on teenagers, because I'm not good enough for people my own age.

Of course, it didn't help that I looked like I was 30 when I graduated highschool, but that's what the Internet is for.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54556 on: June 21, 2011, 03:49:32 pm »

I was 14. That was a time when first kisses were still magical and holding hands quickened my heartbeat double-time.

... What does it say about me that I'm 7 years older than that and still living in that time?

Ahh... I usually feel so old, but it's good to feel young once in a while.
I have a close female friend who up to 22 years old, virgin, never-been-kissed, perpetually crushing on other guys *snip*

My situation exactly, only I'm 24, male, and crushing on other girls.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54557 on: June 21, 2011, 04:03:17 pm »

I've already had plenty of kisses and handholding... dated a guy for two years =)

That's why I'm glad I can still be this way.  I don't get lots of crushes, but if anyone ever manages to kiss me again, I can say that it will probably be rather heart-fluttering, etc., for me.
At this point in my life, I'm just continuing this transitive-whirlwind lifestyle until I'm burnt out and hopefully find someone that can put up with my own special brand of crazy. Whenever I deviate from my path of wanting to be helpful, learning, teaching, exploring, finding my own definition of success, and commit to my non-profit work- I get burnt. I should learn to stop playing with fire ;)

Courage! That's that old quote about bravery being the absence of fear and courage knowing the fear - especially of failure - but plodding ahead anyway.

Go tell a beautiful woman that she's beautiful, and then ask her out. Show her you care about her in the way she deserves to be cared about.

And be prepared to lose everything in a moment.

That's what courage is about, you'll always have what you have built for yourself. If you know you can handle anything, it's not that you don't know fear, it's that fuck it, you'll live life the best way you can with the short time we all got.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54558 on: June 21, 2011, 04:13:00 pm »

If that thing isn't Happy Tree Friends fanart, I'm sure as Hell going to believe it is.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54559 on: June 21, 2011, 04:15:51 pm »

It's roasting in the bay. If the guys at google haven't done acid... and they have been at Burningman, their brains must be fried right now.

That or way too much sugary cake at the offices. Holy shit the dining/snack rooms at Google HQ are amazing.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:57:20 pm by Il Palazzo »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54561 on: June 21, 2011, 04:30:47 pm »

Polish-Jewish band and a British violinist virtuoso perform a traditional Serbian piece, with vocals provided by a Belgian singer of Arabic ancestry.
I love multiculturalism.
This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
So yeah about that multiculturalism!

I'm a fan of Rupa and the April Fishes myself - "Headed by Rupa, the lead singer and also a practicing physician, their songs are a mixture of international musical styles and the lyrics are sung in multiple languages, primarily French, Spanish and English. Rupa & the April Fishes echo the roots of San Francisco's Bay Area, flowing its Latino, African American, Yelamu Indian, and Islander pasts together with influences of street music, exotic Latin grooves, Indian ragas and Romani soul."

Supporting my local multi-culturalist artists :D

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54562 on: June 21, 2011, 04:43:13 pm »

This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Nasty Americuns and their neo-isolationism.
It's Kroke & Nigel Kennedy in "Ajde Jano", from the album "East Meets East". Vocals by Natacha Atlas.
Just so that you know.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54563 on: June 21, 2011, 04:50:47 pm »

I am happy today because I had the self-control to keep myself from reading any of the absolutely terribad fanfic I found for a particular series, and also that I stopped looking after two or three minutes.

This is a proud moment in the development of my self-control.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #54564 on: June 21, 2011, 04:52:17 pm »

Courage! That's that old quote about bravery being the absence of fear and courage knowing the fear - especially of failure - but plodding ahead anyway.

Go tell a beautiful woman that she's beautiful, and then ask her out. Show her you care about her in the way she deserves to be cared about.

And be prepared to lose everything in a moment.

That's what courage is about, you'll always have what you have built for yourself. If you know you can handle anything, it's not that you don't know fear, it's that fuck it, you'll live life the best way you can with the short time we all got.

I have this problem, have ever since I broke up with my ex I was with for 8 years about 8 months ago. I never was one to go out much. I work in a field with almost no women (military technology). the only women I meet are the cashiers at the grocery store. And while some are certainly cute, I don't know how they could possibly relate to me. Especially considering that my past has been pretty horrible and only thing going on in my life right now is work and I can't talk much about it.

It doesn't matter if I have courage or not, I just don't think I can meet someone I could possibly have a serious relationship with.

this post has been entirely off topic for the happy thread.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54565 on: June 21, 2011, 05:43:26 pm »

Polish-Jewish band and a British violinist virtuoso perform a traditional Serbian piece, with vocals provided by a Belgian singer of Arabic ancestry.
I love multiculturalism.
So yeah about that multiculturalism!
Too bad. At least this is crazy multicultural fun.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #54566 on: June 21, 2011, 06:04:46 pm »

Spiced rum is not as nice as manly Dark Navy Rum, but it is still pretty damn nice. Like the smell of WD-40 in a good way.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #54567 on: June 21, 2011, 06:06:08 pm »

I have devised a food. I can describe it only as Mexican Food Paste. Bring some milk, a can of refried beans, and a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles to boiling, then add corn masa until it is the consistency of mashed potatoes. I'm sure this is independently discovered on a fairly regular basis, but goddamn. Tasty.

I came up with something similar once.  Try adding a little onion and garlic, one egg for consistency and chucking it in a frying pan.  Makes for some real nice bean burgers :)
I love you. You are my favorite person right now. This is delicious. And cheeeeaaaaaap.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54568 on: June 21, 2011, 06:14:41 pm »

oh dear LAWD

Edit: Bookmarking this for any internet argument: EXPLAIN THIS BULLSHIT
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:17:29 pm by Vertigon »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54569 on: June 21, 2011, 06:23:13 pm »

I did quite a bit of exercise--kendo, situps, pushups.  Then I took a nice warm shower to wash off the sweat :3

Not only is my upper body strength far, far better than I thought it was, I feel a lot better.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 3636 3637 [3638] 3639 3640 ... 13312