Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14552412 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #5460 on: February 08, 2010, 04:59:06 pm »

The game Bitworld HAS to be based on Dwarf Fortress.

On another note, I ordered Demon's Souls a few days ago, and today it arrived!
I'm ready to get my arse handed to me more times than a Dungeon Crawl player.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: February 08, 2010, 10:28:22 pm »

Happy birthday!

Did you mention Shadow of the Colossus? There are rumors and semi-confirmations of a second one, but I've been holding my breath for a few years now for it
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3W
« Reply #5462 on: February 08, 2010, 10:31:14 pm »

Why?

Just because it's a rougelike doesn't mean that's it DF-inspired.

It's also 2.5D, and the camera doesn't rotate, does this mean it was also inspired by most modern adventure games?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: February 08, 2010, 10:31:44 pm »

Did you mention Shadow of the Colossus? There are rumors and semi-confirmations of a second one, but I've been holding my breath for a few years now for it

Must be hard for you, lack of oxygen and all.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5464 on: February 08, 2010, 10:36:20 pm »

Must be hard for you, lack of oxygen and all.
I believe there's another game by the creators in the mix with some bizarre chicken-dog-like dragon beast that helps the protagonist. As for a second SotC game, I'm not sure.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: February 08, 2010, 10:37:51 pm »

After extensive studying, I have determined that my sense of humour is cruel and cynical.
Why does this make me happy?
I honestly do not have an answer for that.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5466 on: February 09, 2010, 01:36:40 am »

After extensive studying, I have determined that my sense of humour is cruel and cynical.
Being one with similar sense, it's overall entertaining, that's why.

Nothing like telling things like they are in a way that is not only the truth, but a truth that one would not want to know at the moment. Like for example, how a person is a dick, and your reasoning behind why that may be (whether it be by observation or experience). If they react negatively further proving your point, then they made a mistake and their oversight of their stupid move is funny to take note of.

There's also fighting against a lofty optimist, or an optimistic observation/projection with a negative truth. Like how the Miller Light commercials parodied those match.comcommercials and such. Now that's truth in television.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: February 09, 2010, 02:00:40 am »

Being one with similar sense, it's overall entertaining, that's why.

Nothing like telling things like they are in a way that is not only the truth, but a truth that one would not want to know at the moment. Like for example, how a person is a dick, and your reasoning behind why that may be (whether it be by observation or experience). If they react negatively further proving your point, then they made a mistake and their oversight of their stupid move is funny to take note of.

There's also fighting against a lofty optimist, or an optimistic observation/projection with a negative truth. Like how the Miller Light commercials parodied those match.comcommercials and such. Now that's truth in television.

Yeah, good point.
It's hard to be a cynic and not enjoy the suffering of those hearing the truth.
A motto of mine is "always the truth, especially when it hurts."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: February 09, 2010, 05:13:31 am »

Or, maybe, 'Despite if it hurts'?

But yeah, somehow other people's misfortune is always funny.
And it isn't hard, or unexpected, to be a cynic.
Cynical isn't hard to achieve for a sadist.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #5469 on: February 09, 2010, 08:17:36 am »

The game Bitworld
I've never seen something like this before, 2D sprites and a 3D world.
It's not 2.5D because you can move in three dimensions.
What is it?
I deem it 2.7D!
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3W
« Reply #5470 on: February 09, 2010, 10:34:04 am »

Why?

Just because it's a rougelike doesn't mean that's it DF-inspired.

It's also 2.5D, and the camera doesn't rotate, does this mean it was also inspired by most modern adventure games?

No, because the elder explains that seven dwarves came here years ago to start a fort and found adamantine, unleashing HFS apon them. Another dwarf also yells "Blood for the Blood God!" if you talk to him.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5471 on: February 09, 2010, 12:47:42 pm »

Or, maybe, 'Despite if it hurts'?

But yeah, somehow other people's misfortune is always funny.
And it isn't hard, or unexpected, to be a cynic.
Cynical isn't hard to achieve for a sadist.
It's a pretty tough pill to swallow initially (going from optimist to pessimist, hopeful to cynic) if you once were one of those said optimists, and had a rather bubbly personality in the past; many misfortunes later, and being on the ass-end of many a joke or attack later, that same bubbly person can easily become the most deflating (and sometimes outright terrifying) cynic to ever walk the Earth.

Sad to say, I speak from experience. However, it is rather entertaining if you encounter any past sadists that have caused such transoformations when you disguise yourself as the old personality, to see if they changed their ways at all (provided you recognize them); they don't change, then the personality 180 you can pull can be a rather entertaining sight, especially when you see their reaction as if they let loose a monster, and there's no way to stop it.

Sort of an observation I have made: "There's no scarier sight than to witness a saint climb out of Hell; especially if you put them there."

So to put it, if there's a particular person that has caused a ton of agony in a rather kind innocent person's life, just for the hell of it (you know, standard bully/sociopath); to have that same kind person that wouldn't harm anything just go up and nearly pulverize everything in his path as he charges towards you (or imply such if they're the non-violent kind). To be the one responsible for letting that beast out, my advice to that person is "run". Never underestimate a kind person. Or as Tropes would have it: Beware The Nice Ones

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: February 09, 2010, 04:43:08 pm »

I keep finding myself using the same avatar, this is good news.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: February 09, 2010, 05:02:07 pm »

It seems Level 5 will be working with Team ICO on their next project.

Words cannot express the glee I have because of this fact. Sure Level 5 works more with action RPGs and team ICO works with puzzle platformers, but imagine the possibilities.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: February 09, 2010, 05:39:30 pm »

I just got the go-ahead by the SCP wiki team to write up my SCP idea for them!

Aldaris was there, too.

(It's a tube of paint that, when applied to a medium, spreads around and covers said surface, and "Swallows" any other object that touches it. Possibly spreads from surface to surface.)
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 13312