Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3640 3641 [3642] 3643 3644 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14562124 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [Science] Charlie and the larval horse. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #54615 on: June 21, 2011, 11:43:11 pm »

Well we all know who else had glowing red eyes and came from the future!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54616 on: June 21, 2011, 11:45:15 pm »

EINENATOR

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

Darn it, it's not nearly as good when I type it out.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54617 on: June 21, 2011, 11:46:56 pm »

Y'know how people have red eyes when you take a flash photo of them?
Imagine going right next to their eye and doing that in high resolution.
Yeah, but yours are green!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54618 on: June 21, 2011, 11:49:26 pm »

The flash was a ridiculously bright green light.
It made everything look yellow afterwards.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54619 on: June 21, 2011, 11:49:37 pm »

Yeah, but yours are green!
Cats eyes glow green in a spot light.
So what your saying is... Ein is half terminator, half cat.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #54620 on: June 21, 2011, 11:52:10 pm »

I love Pirates! (NES version), it's such an awesome game. Had to find a Caribbean map for navigation though since I got tired of navigating via memory (and not finding any towns nearby as easily, especially my starting town). Apparently, with the original game, it gave you a map to navigate with. With that, I also learned how the sun sight also works (when the sun hits it's apex, line up the top of the sight with the bottom of the sun, there, you'll get an accurate longitude. Very damn helpful when trying to figure out where you are alongside a map.

Although I was playing as an apprentice (IE- Easy mode) to get the hang of it, when it came dividing time, post selling of my ships (except a war galleon I snagged), capturing the Treasure Fleet, and finding 2 treasure chests, maxing out my food stores and more than enough cannons to make chump meat out of St. Augustine, I had a grand total value of 101100 pieces of eight. Due my ranking and difficulty, I kept 5880 5200 of it. Not a bad start for ascending to a higher difficulty.

Oh yeah, and nearly 2 in-game years passed since I started the game, and I am now a well-known journeyman English Captain (age: 26, and in fine health) sword master, the Spanish hate my guts since I also have one of their ships (War galleon) which I flaunt in their territory and raid their forts like no tomorrow; I carry with me (new game+ difficulty up to Journeyman) 6770 Gold, and 550 acres of land, and have 1/4 of a map to a lost family member (plantation), and a complete treasure map not far from start. All I need is an invasion Sloop ship, and I'll be set to sell more ships.

I haven't had so much fun in a game like this in a long time.

EDIT:
Maybe I should've revisited town to lessen my troops before dividing. I'll reload the past save before I did so and see if I can plunder more.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:16:11 am by Itnetlolor »

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54621 on: June 21, 2011, 11:54:05 pm »

Is it bad that I imagined Jacob from ME2 giving Logical2u an army of Yoshis?

Waitaminute, year's supply?

Is he gonna eat them or something?

Together with my horse-dinosaur army, I will conquer the known world, just like in the end of Star Wars Episode 1 except with horse-dinos instead of stupid underwater fish things with long ears. The only relation is that I want to throw both of them into pits.

I also recall that horse meat is considered a delicacy in some parts of the globe. But I prefer to think of it as a year's worth of reinforcements for the glorious cause.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I assume the glowing is due to scattering and reflection off the interior of the eye from the light source, which I assume is yellow or green light. The red glow is most likely due to the prevalence of blood in the eye, and the tissue surrounding the eye. (Prepost edit: Ein has confirmed the light source).

It also looks like the images were taken at some sort of angle to the eye, and not straight in through the cornea. I wouldn't think they'd be looking at the retina in that fashion, but I'm biased based on my experience with an alternate imaging modality (that can be used to image retinas as well).
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54622 on: June 21, 2011, 11:56:14 pm »

MLP Abridged/Mentally Advanced Series. Apparently someone finally did MLP Abridged right, and they've already done 4 episodes. Maybe it's because it's late, maybe it's the voices, or the use of foriegn languages and funny accents. Maybe it's the completely different context they put the show in after a bit of editing, and dubbing in their own audio... but I found these absolutely hilarious.

Applejack: "Well, I'm an adult, and I can put forks in the toaster, in the bathtub!"

Pinky: "I ate the poisons to avert.... suspicion." *Huuuurk*

Rainbow: "So, look over there. At that thing. I built it, with my hooves, and my face. And me, I'm gonna stand on it. And you, you're gonna jump on it. On the other side. And if my calculations are correct, I should fly away from it, and not into the tower. And then, I'm gonna do a couple loops. And then a big loop. After that, I'll probably panic, and at that point I'll need you to go run for help. So, it's a pretty planned-out plan. Whadd'ya think?"

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #54623 on: June 21, 2011, 11:57:20 pm »

So... I finally have something to post in the happy thread that isn't horrifically off topic.

this is hilarious (worksafe).
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #54624 on: June 22, 2011, 12:08:42 am »

Woah, reloaded a past save, and returned home, and 3 of the pirate heads I captured were claimed by the governor instead of just 1. F-yeah! I'm also now a Major this time, instead of just a Captain, and the govs. daughter took a liking towards me; but I decided we should just "be friends". Tag along another relative hint/name to track. Double F-Yeah!!! (+100 acres). Lost my old treasure map however. Oh well.

This was a much better turnout this time. Let's divide once more.

EDIT:
Not bad, not bad. My friend gave me info on Treasure Fleet's new destination as well as the Silver Train.

New Stats: Well-known English Major, 26, fine health, 6220 gold (personal), 650 acres. 10590 Pcs and 155 days worth of food, 23 men and 36 cannons 1 war galleon. Much better than previously. And I still have a lead on a buccaneer that has family info.

*Cues One Piece Theme*
♫ We are, We are, on a cruise!!!! WE ARE!!! ♪

EDIT EDIT:
To my horror, when looking for that link, the first one I tripped across was the 4Kids version (without warning label, of course). Had to press my head up against the sub-woofer at high volume to rinse my ears of it. :shudders:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:34:48 am by Itnetlolor »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54625 on: June 22, 2011, 01:20:30 am »

So I got my eye pictures in the email.

They look like space.
I can't really see how the left eye is supposed to be worse...
I think this is actually really pretty. Especially the vine-like patterns the blood vessels form, ... I know I'm pretty much alone in this, but I tend to take an artistic view of the human body. Human beings in general I find a bit disgusting, with the various fluids and such they secrete. But the way they're constructed biologically strikes me at times to be incredibly beautiful. Blood vessels like those for example, are like an intricate embroidery that finds it's way to every millimeter of your body, all the ends of which are tiny ends of same string, the entire thing is connected...

There's more than that though, the way the various tissues and membranes weave through each other in incredibly intricate patterns, the muscles in particular, the way they weave through the body, and contract, shifting their mass to form movements that seemingly defy physics...

Sometimes I find myself looking at someone and imagining the way their muscles are configured... *sigh* I can be really creepy sometimes.

In other news... I feel kind of naked without my avatar.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54626 on: June 22, 2011, 01:24:56 am »

My dentist visit got preponed (or however you call that)! :D

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54627 on: June 22, 2011, 01:30:21 am »

I think this is actually really pretty. Especially the vine-like patterns the blood vessels form, ... I know I'm pretty much alone in this, but I tend to take an artistic view of the human body. Human beings in general I find a bit disgusting, with the various fluids and such they secrete. But the way they're constructed biologically strikes me at times to be incredibly beautiful. Blood vessels like those for example, are like an intricate embroidery that finds it's way to every millimeter of your body, all the ends of which are tiny ends of same string, the entire thing is connected...

There's more than that though, the way the various tissues and membranes weave through each other in incredibly intricate patterns, the muscles in particular, the way they weave through the body, and contract, shifting their mass to form movements that seemingly defy physics...

Sometimes I find myself looking at someone and imagining the way their muscles are configured... *sigh* I can be really creepy sometimes.

That is the most beautiful thing I have read all day. ;_;

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54628 on: June 22, 2011, 01:32:48 am »

That is the most beautiful thing I have read all day. ;_;
Aaaand now Pnx has caused me to go into artistic looking at bodies mode.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54629 on: June 22, 2011, 01:38:05 am »

I always thought the whole "human body is art" was an excuse for guys to go ogle tits in public and not be called out for it.

But I concede that I like your idea.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 3640 3641 [3642] 3643 3644 ... 13312