Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3864 3865 [3866] 3867 3868 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14550842 times)

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #57975 on: July 28, 2011, 07:36:36 am »

Getting linked to this thread from the sad thread and noticing there are 1000 more pages than the melancholy version has made me happy.

Also pulled an all nighter last night and took a bike ride at about 5, just in time to arrive at a cliff overlooking my city with the sun making a beautiful orange silhouette out of the buildings in the distance.
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57976 on: July 28, 2011, 07:39:34 am »

RPing is fun.

So is writing.

So is vidyagaems.

Yay.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #57977 on: July 28, 2011, 07:53:20 am »

Woke up without a hangover and my house is tidy. Birthday was awesome. Go downstairs to find that Laughing Stock by Talk Talk has arrived in the post. Re-read the quest I'm writing and think "actually, this isn't bad".

Today is off to a GREAT start :D
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57978 on: July 28, 2011, 08:09:48 am »

On the subject of Scandinavia and the world, I started reading and all the jokes are flying over my head, except the end of this comic, where I burst out laughing. I'm pretty sure every country gets like that (even america, only because it doesn't really do this whole world friendship thing, it does it state to state).

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57979 on: July 28, 2011, 09:43:25 am »

... I cannot believe what my mind comes up with at 2 AM.  I just finished fixing the first draft of a short story I turned in to German class.  We were supposed to write a paragraph-long fairy tale, and I ended up with a two.5-page thing about a Chemistry student who learns how to cook and stop being hugely grumpy after being unsuccessfully psychoanalyzed by her thesis advisor, which sends her into a depression (she wanted a sort of "get cooking fast" instruction, being incredibly dependent on her "Doktorvater" for everything, and he said something about how weird it is for a chemistry student to be unable to cook and told her she must be afraid of cooking because she's afraid of chemistry).  So she sleeps all day, fixes her sleep deficit, and is then able to be proactive.

There's also a character named "Sellerella."  She's a door-to-door salesman who our protagonist cusses out.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57980 on: July 28, 2011, 09:46:39 am »

... I cannot believe what my mind comes up with at 2 AM.  I just finished fixing the first draft of a short story I turned in to German class.  We were supposed to write a paragraph-long fairy tale, and I ended up with a two.5-page thing about a Chemistry student who learns how to cook and stop being hugely grumpy after being unsuccessfully psychoanalyzed by her thesis advisor, which sends her into a depression (she wanted a sort of "get cooking fast" instruction, being incredibly dependent on her "Doktorvater" for everything, and he said something about how weird it is for a chemistry student to be unable to cook and told her she must be afraid of cooking because she's afraid of chemistry).  So she sleeps all day, fixes her sleep deficit, and is then able to be proactive.

There's also a character named "Sellerella."  She's a door-to-door salesman who our protagonist cusses out.
I come up with all kinds of stories late at night, I wrote a chunk of a short story about a guy who falls in love with a servitor last night, which was a reinvention of another story I wrote a chunk off of, where the servitor was a zombie... it's less creepy than it sounds the way I depicted the zombie...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #57981 on: July 28, 2011, 11:39:07 am »

After a series of sleeping in past noon for the past few days, I must've gotten out of my system what has been plaguing me, and actually woke up at a decent hour again (sleep schedule hasn't changed one bit the entire time). I also feel like taking a walk for a while anyway, since the past few days were rather gloomy and depressing looking, today's actually sunny and pleasant, though there are still some storm clouds on the horizon.

I also completed a good cluster of missions in FO3 in a short amount of time, and thrashed a good amount of mirelurks with a rather early (still; lvl 7 when I killed a deathclaw and got some blueprints; it was wounded when I reached it. Poor bastard it tore up.) deathclaw gauntlet. Although paranoid whenever I walk the area I found it, I at least know I have a fighting chance against one hand-to-hand now. Oh, and how much use I got out of that gauntlet so far. Beats the hell out of the power fist (backup). Did I forget to mention my character is optimized for ranged (small guns) combat, and is literally beating the hell out of everything in their path?

Oh yeah, I also came across a strange (darkly amusing) bug, a recent kill of a 1-time character, and a post-mortem de-capping, somehow produced 2 heads of the same guy. Actually, I placed his head on display to scare the local lab techs, and I returned after some exploring to find his head miraculously reattached, only to realize his other head was still on display. I took a moment to put them both on display. I was kinda hoping to spawn about 6 more and bring a duffel bag with me when I return. Sadly, no, it didn't happen.

Link

EDIT:
Realizing I have an apparently dark sense of humor, I would assume most of the High Octane Nightmare Fuel loaded in FO3 and many other games, I will somehow find something to distract me from the horrors, and have fun screwing around instead, or at least finding something amusing within the terrors. I mean, the deathclaw hand; people are terrified of those things (Deathclaws; sneaky bastards), I was startled seeing it in 3D (beat Fallout 1 before), but then I punched off it's head (power fist) and have it's claw as my new weapon. What's so scary about that? And even with STALKER, sure, the environment is creepy, but one can't help but to smile hearing some poor sap getting mauled by an anomaly in the distance, especially if it's a wild hog, bloodsucker/snork/controller or a monolith member/bandit; okay, so just about anything annoying to fight stupid enough to get caught in an anomaly.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:16:33 pm by Itnetlolor »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57982 on: July 28, 2011, 11:57:47 am »

The stream-of-consciousness leaps I've made when exhausted are always pretty fun in retrospect. I remember falling asleep at my desk, on top of a high school Latin etymology project. When I woke up, I found that I'd apparently finished it between sleeping through the night. Instead of defining the words' origins though, I started drawing pictures representing their meaning, which got more and more abstract until half of a picture of a "bilious" badger exploded into so many jagged, angry lines.

If I recall correctly, I want to say I turned it in, but I can only imagine my teacher assuming I was high on all the drugs.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #57983 on: July 28, 2011, 12:15:38 pm »

I have been really depressed for so long, so permanently.

And so, suddenly, earlier today, I realized that.. I don't want to die. Despite what I have told myself for a long time, I don't want to die. I want to chat to people, meet people, party, walk in the night, watch the moon, read all the books, call people and tell them I love them and that I'm sorry. I can't express myself very well. But I don't want to die.

I don't know what it means or will mean, or how tomorrow looks, but right now, I want to live.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57985 on: July 28, 2011, 12:25:22 pm »

You may need a catchy song to go with it... I suggest a death metal tune.
Seconded. Although, I was hoping for Death Metal with the same theme as the Nyan Cat song. "URG URG URG URG URG! *blastbeat*"
Your wish is my command.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #57986 on: July 28, 2011, 12:47:30 pm »

I have been really depressed for so long, so permanently.
And so, suddenly, earlier today, I realized that.. I don't want to die. Despite what I have told myself for a long time, I don't want to die. I want to chat to people, meet people, party, walk in the night, watch the moon, read all the books, call people and tell them I love them and that I'm sorry. I can't express myself very well. But I don't want to die.
I don't know what it means or will mean, or how tomorrow looks, but right now, I want to live.
Reading things like this make me happy.  Nobody wants you to be depressed, or to die.  :D

Edit:  REMEMBER YOUR TENSES, SELF

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57987 on: July 28, 2011, 12:49:44 pm »

Technically, some terrorists would love it if you die, but they're like that to anyone that doesn't think the way they do.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #57988 on: July 28, 2011, 12:51:17 pm »

Technically, some terrorists would love it if you die, but they're like that to anyone that doesn't think the way they do.
Preemptive murder!

EDIT:
EEYAAHAHAHAHA
Even better!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:36:29 pm by ToonyMan »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #57989 on: July 28, 2011, 02:33:40 pm »

A dwarven child in a mood did some pummeling to an ettin. Then he went berserk. I doubt he will win, but he might make it hurt for the ettin.

Addenum: whoah, it slipped into my fortress, but my orthopedic surgeon managed to trip him, and he fell into the 10 Z levels deep artificial pond. It's drowning as I type
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:50:02 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 3864 3865 [3866] 3867 3868 ... 13312