Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3865 3866 [3867] 3868 3869 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14545654 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #57990 on: July 28, 2011, 02:52:35 pm »

In EU3 I'm actually still alive as The Knights. It's almost 1425 and I have survived a war with the actually-powerful Byzantines, two wars with the Ottomans, and several fun raids on other nearby tiny nations. Things just went bonkers, though. A bunch of nations warned the Ottomans against declaring any more wars, so when they decided to start a third war with me... well, this happened.

The Ottomans are bringing in Dulkadir, Trebizond, Serbia, Bosnia, and Wallachia, their legion of vassals. My side originally consisted of me, with four crappy provinces scattered around the Mediterranean, and Naxos, my single-province'd vassal. I start to panic a bit, but suddenly a wave of notifications rolls over my screen. the Byzantine Empire, Venice, Genoa, the Papal States, and Portugal have joined my side. Right now I'm trying to hang on to my capital while the Byzantines fight off Bosnia/Serbia and my other various allies start shipping troops by the boatload into the Aegean to besiege Ottoman holdings. I might actually score a few provinces off of this.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #57991 on: July 28, 2011, 02:58:50 pm »

In EU3 I'm actually still alive as The Knights. It's almost 1425 and I have survived a war with the actually-powerful Byzantines, two wars with the Ottomans, and several fun raids on other nearby tiny nations. Things just went bonkers, though. A bunch of nations warned the Ottomans against declaring any more wars, so when they decided to start a third war with me... well, this happened.

The Ottomans are bringing in Dulkadir, Trebizond, Serbia, Bosnia, and Wallachia, their legion of vassals. My side originally consisted of me, with four crappy provinces scattered around the Mediterranean, and Naxos, my single-province'd vassal. I start to panic a bit, but suddenly a wave of notifications rolls over my screen. the Byzantine Empire, Venice, Genoa, the Papal States, and Portugal have joined my side. Right now I'm trying to hang on to my capital while the Byzantines fight off Bosnia/Serbia and my other various allies start shipping troops by the boatload into the Aegean to besiege Ottoman holdings. I might actually score a few provinces off of this.

Eu3 <3 I should get on with that map.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57992 on: July 28, 2011, 03:05:10 pm »

Not quite the thread title, but close enough:
Apparently Vectors jeans-wearing twin sister from the US is attending this course too.
Interesting, huh?
Well, I was kinda wrong. It's actually more of the general appearance, rather than the details.
And geology instead of mathematics.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57993 on: July 28, 2011, 03:47:04 pm »

I just returned from my vacation. I am horribly, horribly sun burnt, but it was very fun. Think I'm going to e-catchup and stream tonight.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57994 on: July 28, 2011, 03:57:56 pm »

There are some days where all you can do is be glad that you got back from class in one piece.

This is one of those days.

On the other hand, I was complimented a lot today for my intelligence and niceness, and I feel a lot more energetic and studious.  I was joking around about my useless store of information on blackboards, chalk, and erasers, and my teacher said "Well, if you end up teaching (which you probably will), it'll come in handy."  Of course, I hadn't told her about my dream or anything.  She just thinks I seem like that sort of person.

This is the first time for a long time that I have felt so strongly "I want to become a professor more than anything else in the world."  It's good to have a goal.

I also haven't had any nightmares for the past week.  It really feels like some of the worse parts of my depression are lifting.  Like the damper on motivation and concentration.

Oh, and:

That damn comma is all that stands between this and the mental image of you riding a giant stone eagle through the Intertubes, examining floating text strings for useful content, sighing and taking wing with every failed check. Also, the odd game of Quidditch.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #57995 on: July 28, 2011, 04:29:19 pm »

I would attend your classes.

Well, only for as long as I had to, I hate math. But you'd be a good teacher, I bet! Even for math. :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #57996 on: July 28, 2011, 04:34:27 pm »

Went shopping and managed to get a missing paycheck since the last month or 2. Considering how soon I have to pay my bills, it came in at a really good time, putting me over the mark. The timing couldn't have been any better. I was about to be short on this month's bills.

Plus, I can finally put the bookkeeping records for my old job to rest now, now that I have the final paycheck recorded. Up next, maybe I'll get my unemployment to count the other amounts I've been filing in (and I checked with them and as long as it's ANY income (provided it's recorded), it's valid. I'm still waiting on the missing income from that (then again, it also depends on the debt ceiling thing I think)). On the bright side, my sister is paying me back for her plane ticket from months ago as well; and as long as I can keep finding work (and good paying jobs I can do quickly), or be included in some other jobs (yard work, house cleaning, and etc.) my sisters are getting, provided any extra room for hire, that can also be of considerable help for future bills. Any income will do.

Although the good pay is occasional, it still beats my old job (in fact, according to my new rate tracker (optimized for recording freelancing income) I'm making double my old job's income freelancing). Going shopping today reminded me why I left the place again. Flourescent cave, many hours stuck in those conditions, having to work from 6AM-5PM most times, and being stuck with 30 minute lunches and soft rock for hours on end. Ugh. Despite having to put more work in a week (mostly to find work), it's definitely more freedom and more my style of living, and what I've been training in college for for the past few years. At least I'm putting my experience and investment to work, and doing it my way as a freelancer. Feels good, even though slow weeks suck (which hit a few times; they really do suck. Nothing to do, and no income most of the time.), but then again, why else do you think I invested in so many games to begin with? I need something to fill in the time while I wait for client responses or more job postings. Might have to broaden my search.

Any advice on good sites for freelancing? I'm already using oDesk.com to find work, but what else besides Craigslist.com (been given that suggestion numerous times, and am fairly sick of it. Not much yield/postings)?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:53:18 pm by Itnetlolor »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57997 on: July 28, 2011, 04:35:57 pm »

We can afford to eat this month. :D
*Hugs*

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #57998 on: July 28, 2011, 05:15:59 pm »

:D x2 combo!

This is a very good thing.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57999 on: July 28, 2011, 06:24:52 pm »

:D x2 combo!

This is a very good thing.
Triple combo!

That also made me happy.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58000 on: July 28, 2011, 07:41:31 pm »

Spoiler: So much music <w> (click to show/hide)
*Hugs*

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58001 on: July 28, 2011, 07:41:51 pm »

Finals for photoshop done. 148/150 written, aptitude not announced yet. Feeling mighty good about my grade this semester. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #58002 on: July 28, 2011, 08:06:44 pm »

Finals for photoshop done. 148/150 written, aptitude not announced yet. Feeling mighty good about my grade this semester. ^_^
Huzzah!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #58003 on: July 28, 2011, 08:31:50 pm »

Been practice modeing (stage, not spellcard) on touhou 7 and 8, and I'll have to say, ZUN abondoning the final final boss concept (final boss afterspell, not extra stage), because 7 & 8 are the only ones (besides maybe touhou 12) that bring me close to coming to tears. Not from difficulty, just the music, the environment, the danmaku... It just makes me happyteary.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58004 on: July 28, 2011, 09:10:24 pm »

And now I am eating a mountain of pizza. Happy indeed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3865 3866 [3867] 3868 3869 ... 13312