Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14515762 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #5910 on: February 22, 2010, 11:49:14 am »

Metal Storm has created a 36-barreled stacked projectile machine gun, boasting the highest rate of fire in the world. The prototype weapon demonstrated a firing rate of slightly over one million rounds per minute for a 180-round burst.[3]

Not really.  Note that "180 round burst" and "million rounds a minute".  It fires off all it's ammunition in the space of maybe a second.  They make a pistol with four barrels, with three bullets in each.  But it fires off four rounds each.  So what is that?  A three-shot pistol that makes four holes.

Basically, it's a fancy concept and the electrically activated, stacked-shot firing has it's uses, but it's an utterly impractical weapon for pretty much anything except anti-aircraft fire.  Eventually you have to ask yourself, "Just how much lead do I need to throw at one target anyway?  And how much do I feel like carrying around?"

Dude, you are like what I imagined myself to be when I was a kid denied that tempting box of legos by my parents. A myself that bought these things when I had a job and made my own money.

"Oh yeah?  Well when I'm grown up, I'm gonna spend all my money on Legos and videogames, and eat ice cream for every meal, and jump on the bed, and watch cartoons all the time, and there won't be nothin' you can do about it, mother!"

God damn my stomach hurts.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:51:16 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: February 22, 2010, 11:51:25 am »

Metal Storm has created a 36-barreled stacked projectile machine gun, boasting the highest rate of fire in the world. The prototype weapon demonstrated a firing rate of slightly over one million rounds per minute for a 180-round burst.[3]

Not really.  Note that "180 round burst" and "million rounds a minute".  It fires off all it's ammunition in the space of maybe a second.  They make a pistol with four barrels, with three bullets in each.  But it fires off four rounds each.  So what is that?  A three-shot pistol that makes four holes.

Basically, it's a fancy concept and the electrically activated, stacked-shot firing has it's uses, but it's an utterly impractical weapon for pretty much anything except anti-aircraft fire.  Eventually you have to ask yourself, "Just how much lead do I need to throw at one target anyway?  And how much do I feel like carrying around?"

But its not fun if you can't waste billions of dollars to shoot down one target!
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: February 22, 2010, 11:58:18 am »

It's almost dwarven in it's sheer wasteful destructiveness.
If it was activated with magma instead of electricity and fired rum and elves, well.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: February 22, 2010, 12:08:31 pm »

"Oh yeah?  Well when I'm grown up, I'm gonna spend all my money on Legos and videogames, and eat ice cream for every meal, and jump on the bed, and watch cartoons all the time, and there won't be nothin' you can do about it, mother!"

God damn my stomach hurts.
Yes, this exactly.
 AND I'll enforce my bed with iron bars to make sure I CAN jump on it without breaking it.
 Living the dream man. Living the dream.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: February 22, 2010, 12:46:12 pm »

Also a room that is a bouncy castle.
I always wanted a bouncy castle indoors.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: February 22, 2010, 04:30:33 pm »

Dude make the entire interior of the house a bouncy castle!
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: February 22, 2010, 04:49:51 pm »

Reading about Volley guns on Wikipedia I came across this.

Awesome.
Needs moar dakka.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: February 22, 2010, 05:03:20 pm »

It also needs a secret passage behind a bookcase somewhere.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: February 22, 2010, 05:03:44 pm »

Well then again this game and TV-Tropes ARE making it hard to plan out my Maid RPG game... Hmm...

Sorry I overlooked this.  I never miss an opportunity to rain on someone's parade.  So... BAM - The Maid RPG!  Not that I don't think you couldn't do a better job regardless, and I'd love to see your ideas as much as Josh or anybody.  Just food for thought, and chance to whip out my encyclopedic knowledge of utterly useless bizarre shit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: February 22, 2010, 05:16:17 pm »

You're one step closer to becoming a comic book artist Aqizzar.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: February 22, 2010, 05:18:03 pm »

Well then again this game and TV-Tropes ARE making it hard to plan out my Maid RPG game... Hmm...

Sorry I overlooked this.  I never miss an opportunity to rain on someone's parade.  So... BAM - The Maid RPG!  Not that I don't think you couldn't do a better job regardless, and I'd love to see your ideas as much as Josh or anybody.  Just food for thought, and chance to whip out my encyclopedic knowledge of utterly useless bizarre shit.
:(________________)
^My face when I saw it.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: February 22, 2010, 05:25:43 pm »

this is manga -> Where are the tits?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: February 22, 2010, 05:26:13 pm »

That has to be the most insane, random RPG I have ever seen.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: February 22, 2010, 05:31:04 pm »

Woah.  I mean, just... woah.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: February 22, 2010, 05:39:40 pm »

The... The blurb. I'm tempted just to see how bad it is. It's like they condensed a good chunk of TvTropes.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 13311