Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4126 4127 [4128] 4129 4130 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14560297 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61906 on: September 13, 2011, 11:21:55 am »

My calculus professor went off on a beautiful tangent during class today that started with fractions, moved through deli workers and his daughter's ex-boyfriend, and ended with a story about how he and his friends got pulled over (way back when) due to vast quantities of alcohol in the car and the friends, but the officer who pulled them over chose to wait until backup arrived to do anything so they had enough time to empty all the beer through the hole onto the road. He ended with "And that was the first time I was kicked out of a town by the police."
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61907 on: September 13, 2011, 11:25:02 am »

That's a tangent worthy of a history professor. I salute you, Professor Tangent.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61908 on: September 13, 2011, 11:28:38 am »

* Aklyon salutes Professor Tangent as well

That is awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61909 on: September 13, 2011, 11:32:54 am »

I wished I had such a teacher.

Well, there was that one English teacher who kept talking about various books and movies during lessons (such as HHGTTG or Shawn of the dead). He also named the -s suffix in 3rd person singular verbs the "fucking s" because that's what most students who forgot it during the tests called it. Heheh.

He also apparently got assigned to a women's dormitory once. But to be fair, "Percy" doesn't sound all to masculine.

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61910 on: September 13, 2011, 11:54:57 am »

My Organic chemistry lecturer goes off on tangents often. For instance, back when we were talking about stabile tetrahedral intermediates (Stabile TIMs) in carbonyl reactions. He went on to recall how a professor called Tim he knew got real drunk at a party, ended up bouncing on a trampoline. He misjudged his step and flew off, hurt himself somewhat bad.

"And that was an unstable TIM".

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61911 on: September 13, 2011, 12:21:26 pm »

GoG released Wing Commander 3.

Nostalgiaaaa

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61913 on: September 13, 2011, 12:39:00 pm »

Had a visiting lecturer one time regale us with stories of when she was a doctoral student working on research in political violence in Belfast, back during the late 70's/early 80's during some of the worst of the IRA violence. She was staying with a Catholic family who knew some people who knew some people that would get her access to interview some IRA members. And the family had a little girl, maybe 7 or 8 years old. She said there would be gunfire and mortars every night and one night she was talking to the little girl when there was a *boom* and she dove for cover while the little girl just stood there. She looked up and the girl said (and this was delivered in a perfect Irish brogue), "Ah me...d'ya mean you don't know the difference between a mortar round and a motorcar backfiring?"  :P

One of my favorite history profs also had a memorable semi-tangent about how freaked out the staid, conservative Romans were when the Emperor (Elagabalus) started cross-dressing and "worshipping the belly-button of the world".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #61914 on: September 13, 2011, 12:41:53 pm »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61915 on: September 13, 2011, 12:42:16 pm »

And I thought good JRPGs had died out long ago.
Getting it this weekend.
bout time some information out for the game but they were supposed to release last April

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61916 on: September 13, 2011, 01:07:55 pm »

And I thought good JRPGs had died out long ago.
Getting it this weekend.
bout time some information out for the game but they were supposed to release last April
Well it's out in Europe.
It may take up to 2012 until it's released in the US. You may want to import it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61917 on: September 13, 2011, 01:09:07 pm »

Well it's out in Europe.
It is?

Our stores suck...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61918 on: September 13, 2011, 01:18:08 pm »

Ever since a video was linked before I've been watching all these Life's A Glitch StarCraft II commentaries.  This one is awesome.
Damnit, now I'm watching these.
Already watched a few more of those. Makes me wonder if there are any Age of Empires replays that are comment worthy like these?
Look at the When Cheese Fails ones too, there are some rather ridiculous ones in there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #61919 on: September 13, 2011, 01:21:45 pm »

My computer is back from some... Unscheduled maintenance, shall we say. Well, it's a good thing that nothing got fried at least. And I can finally browse the internet at home, too!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 ... 4126 4127 [4128] 4129 4130 ... 13312