Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4197 4198 [4199] 4200 4201 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14517711 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #62970 on: September 29, 2011, 01:25:32 pm »

Hoho, I'm not going to turn into Barbar.  It wasn't that I was running fast or something.  It was just the fact that I was able to continue moving at all.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62971 on: September 29, 2011, 01:30:12 pm »

I had the same recurring nightmare I always have, about running and running and it getting harder as I'm pressed into the floor, but this time it ended differently.  I just kept going, and when I almost fell down I dug my fingers into the ground and kept going, and then I could finally stand up again and I was still running.

This is frankly a surprisingly good sign from my psyche.
My, that actually sounds like a surprising metaphor for death. You being pushed into the ground represents death, and your ability to run is your ability to be remembered after you die. You were fearing that after you get pushed into the ground, you won't be able to run, you'll be forgotten, but now you feel that, somehow, you will be remembered.

Of course, that's just me interpreting dreams again, I may just be looking too deeply into things.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62972 on: September 29, 2011, 01:32:18 pm »

Actually, I always interpreted it as being crushed under study-stress and ending up bussing tables at a greasy spoon diner because I couldn't hoof it, but that is close enough to death that I have to say I ultimately agree with you =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #62973 on: September 29, 2011, 01:33:39 pm »

Looks like the media has run out of murdered little white girl trials to make into circuses and has moved onto murdered(?) old black(?) guy(?) trials.

In other words, Michael Jackson murder trial.  Important news story.
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62974 on: September 29, 2011, 01:36:11 pm »

Looks like the media has run out of murdered little white girl trials to make into circuses and has moved onto murdered(?) old black(?) guy(?) trials.

THey're run out things fast enough to end up back there again already?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #62975 on: September 29, 2011, 02:46:51 pm »

I had 10 extra minutes in my web design class today, and had a pretty cool talk with the teacher. Turns out, not only does he do HTML, he knows C++, and is basically who I want to be when I'm at that age. (except for the teaching part. Just generally having a lot of computer knowledge with a job for it).

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #62976 on: September 29, 2011, 03:28:45 pm »

I had 10 extra minutes in my web design class today, and had a pretty cool talk with the teacher. Turns out, not only does he do HTML, he knows C++, and is basically who I want to be when I'm at that age. (except for the teaching part. Just generally having a lot of computer knowledge with a job for it).
A teacher teaching people about computers that actually knows what he's doing? That has to be cool. My computer class teacher's solution to everything is "Have you tried restarting the computer?"
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #62977 on: September 29, 2011, 03:38:23 pm »

Heh... I had a high school computing course (1996-97) where the teacher devoted a couple weeks to making a website.  I threw an animated gif at the top of the page.  Her reaction was priceless.

*eyes light up...*
"Oh my god... it moves!!!  A+"

She didn't even bother to look at the whole thing... or question the content of the image... Beavis and Butthead headbanging.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:51:48 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62978 on: September 29, 2011, 03:49:21 pm »

My chem teacher. Oh man, my chem teacher.

He normally has a very nasally voice, but today he has a throat infection that's making his voice raspy and oh my god it sounds hilarious. He has to be faking it, he just has to. Nothing can really have a phony low voice like that it's impossible oh god hahahahaha.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #62979 on: September 29, 2011, 03:53:20 pm »

Talk about a splitting headache.

* Itnetlolor runs and hides.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62980 on: September 29, 2011, 03:53:36 pm »

It's the internet man. While it used to take a day to get a story out there, now it only takes 5 minutes to upload something. That's like almost 300 times as fast, so yeah they're burning through content pretty damn fast. Before you know it they'll be recycling the assassination of JFK and William the Silent...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62981 on: September 29, 2011, 03:55:24 pm »

My computer class teacher's solution to everything is "Have you tried restarting the computer?"
To be fair 90% of the time it sorta works out.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #62982 on: September 29, 2011, 04:12:49 pm »

It's the internet man. While it used to take a day to get a story out there, now it only takes 5 minutes to upload something. That's like almost 300 times as fast, so yeah they're burning through content pretty damn fast. Before you know it they'll be recycling the assassination of JFK and William the Silent...

Hot off the press: Henry VIII divorced his wife!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62983 on: September 29, 2011, 04:13:53 pm »

To be fair 90% of the time it sorta works out.
Yea, surprising how often that actually works.

I suppose it's probably similar to when a doctor just gives you some drugs instead of trying to find the cause.  But usually the patients just want the drugs and don't care about the details anyway, so it works out.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62984 on: September 29, 2011, 04:38:45 pm »

I suppose it's probably similar to when a doctor just gives you some drugs instead of trying to find the cause.  But usually the patients just want the drugs and don't care about the details anyway, so it works out.
Then you're going to the wrong doctors. The right doctors WILL try to find out the cause if there is any cause for concern. But most of the time, there isn't.
Well, fact is that doctors often get bothered for painfully trivial stuff. Like the people who go to the doctor just because they had a sniffle for more than three days. Or when they have a stomach ache. Or a bit of fever (I'm not talking about really high fever because that's often significant).
In those cases the best prescriptions are generally staying in bed and drinking tea or even some non-prescription medicine (especially against stomach ache, at least for me).
But many patients are just not satisfied by that, so the doctor just prescribes them something that kind of helps without many adverse reactions and the placebo effect does the rest.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 04:40:26 pm by MC Dirty »
Pages: 1 ... 4197 4198 [4199] 4200 4201 ... 13311