Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4201 4202 [4203] 4204 4205 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14383421 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #63030 on: September 29, 2011, 08:46:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Subtle racism or graphics design misunderstanding from the BBC? Either way makes me laugh.
They- They don't wear bowls of rice on their head? O.O
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63031 on: September 29, 2011, 08:47:23 pm »

See, I thought the comment was about where the French person is holding their baguette until I noticed everybody talking about the rice~

Okay, I laughed >_>  That's a pretty good one.

I have to admit that I still don't really understand the issue, because I think carrying stuff on your head is cool.  On the other hand, I shall take Kael's word for it :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63032 on: September 29, 2011, 08:53:17 pm »

Well, I think the rice bowl is kinda cute, and I read something involving baguettes being used in such a manner at one point in time~
Because Japan~

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63033 on: September 29, 2011, 09:06:42 pm »

So at my school, in order to run for office in the student government (President, VP, Secretary, or Treasurer), you need to get a petition signed by 50 students in your grade.

Took me half a day, I was quite surprised. This makes me happy because I realize that I was very worried about fitting in last year (got in half-way through the year), and now I actually know lots of people who like me enough to sign a paper. Whoo!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63034 on: September 29, 2011, 09:12:49 pm »

See you in a few months!  I'm watching Babylon 5 :3

I dunno, really, but I cleaned today and I'm taking the break I deserve.  Work can happen in egregious amounts tomorrow, but this evening is mine.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63035 on: September 29, 2011, 09:23:55 pm »

First time I've ever beaten a long campaign in Total War. It was Shogun 2 and it feels awesome.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63036 on: September 29, 2011, 09:48:27 pm »

To that languages chart, I am perfectly fine with everything there so long as American English has a dude in a stars and stripes thong. It's the only appropriate attire for us.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63037 on: September 29, 2011, 09:52:05 pm »

Heh... I had a high school computing course (1996-97) where the teacher devoted a couple weeks to making a website.  I threw an animated gif at the top of the page.  Her reaction was priceless.

*eyes light up...*
"Oh my god... it moves!!!  A+"

She didn't even bother to look at the whole thing... or question the content of the image... Beavis and Butthead headbanging.

My teacher installed a voice command software and tried yelling into the speaker.

I also spent 80 minutes once trying to convince my geography teacher that America is on the eastern side of the pacific.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63038 on: September 29, 2011, 10:02:48 pm »

:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:38:46 pm by Ogdibus »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #63039 on: September 29, 2011, 10:05:07 pm »

I've managed to yet again back myself into a corner by being too awesome.
It's that time of the year again.  What are you going to have for this Sunday?!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63040 on: September 29, 2011, 10:40:06 pm »

egregious
*drink*

I had my quarterly meeting in Grand Rapids today. My GPS decided to show that I was in Alabama. I made it to GR and back without my GPS without getting lost, even though I'm notorious for the ability to get lost going in a straight line.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #63041 on: September 29, 2011, 10:46:49 pm »

Oh man. Its so rare that I get to happy news.

1: Got a friend who is going to PCS in Korea and shipping his wife off to Fort Bragg, while that isn't that awesome, I am going to the going away party.
2: That same weekend I also have a game night with some friends from nearby.
3: I got 3 of my friends from mississippi visiting next month, first time since I moved to florida.
4: Work is back up to speed and I am coding again instead of documentation.
5: Last but not least, I am getting to know a girl who is very interesting. No idea how this is going to turn out, but it is looking like something good.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63042 on: September 29, 2011, 11:17:10 pm »

:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:38:59 pm by Ogdibus »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #63043 on: September 29, 2011, 11:49:43 pm »

I'm relieved.  I got a message from my African Art professor that, when misread by me, implied she didn't like something I wrote or worse, found it offensive (Specifically, it was a post in the discussion forum about how, mainly in the age of imperialism, societies like those in Africa were seen as primitive and savage, when they were just different, and how thinking of them as such put you on a pedestal that justified exploiting, or worse, "helping" them).  When I read the response I thought she thought I thought Africans were primitive and savage.  That was a scary few seconds.

Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63044 on: September 29, 2011, 11:56:27 pm »

Addendum to last post: 5. The number of quarters running I have led the district in growth. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 4201 4202 [4203] 4204 4205 ... 13310