Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4227 4228 [4229] 4230 4231 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14516248 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #63420 on: October 04, 2011, 11:52:04 am »

Hey there doggy...
What is up with this class.

In other news, Kids React is still pretty hilarious.

EDIT:
One of the news source sites I have to read is The Onion.

Hahaha

awesome
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:52:29 pm by ToonyMan »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #63421 on: October 04, 2011, 01:01:54 pm »

The Onion is so unbelievably awesome, this news article by them made me laugh out loud.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63422 on: October 04, 2011, 02:09:36 pm »

Me and the same troll met up four times on Omegle's question-answering thing. Each time we would say hi and laugh about how funny it is that we met up again (we knew it was each other because he'd post a trollface ASCII art and I'd say "oh hey trollguy a/s/l"). Eventually the fourth time we got into a lengthy discussion about life, college and video games and then added each other on Steam.

Random strangers on the internet are not all bad.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63423 on: October 04, 2011, 02:29:36 pm »

Brand new shiny HP Touchpad sitting on the porch at home waiting for me. Can't wait to set up a dual-boot with webOS and Android.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #63424 on: October 04, 2011, 02:41:51 pm »

Brand new shiny HP Touchpad sitting on the porch at home waiting for me. Can't wait to set up a dual-boot with webOS and Android.

Did they finally put out their long-awaited second round, or did you leverage some inside connections?

I was thinking about getting one of the $99 Touchpads, but grew out of the habit of frequently checking for updates.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63425 on: October 04, 2011, 03:07:01 pm »

Did they finally put out their long-awaited second round, or did you leverage some inside connections?

I was thinking about getting one of the $99 Touchpads, but grew out of the habit of frequently checking for updates.

Inside connections. They had a web-only sale just within the company. Got me one of the 32GB, $149 jobs. Dunno if they're going to offer any more to the public or not. There seems to be some question as to whether Meg Whitman is going to reverse the policies of Leo the Mad and keep the TouchPad around after all (and not get out of the PC market).

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63426 on: October 04, 2011, 03:48:57 pm »

From what little inside connections  I have (much less than Redking, I assure you,) in the PSG (HP's Personal Systems Group), PSG is getting spun off into its own business under the HP brand, so that they can react to the market faster. From what I heard, the new photosmart printers coming out late october had been in the works for almost two years. That's an unacceptable turnaround time because of how quickly hardware and designs become obsolete. They're looking to cut down on the red tape that each design has to go through.

When the PSG spinoff happens, the PSG will be ranked #16 on the Forbes 500. PCs bring in more profit for HP than the entire Target chain makes a year. So, no, HP is not getting out of the PC business. They're just going to do it a little differently, even though the logos aren't even going to change. It'll just help HP's R&D focus on the enterprise stuff like the board wants them to do, while forcing the board to be less hands on with PCs, which brings about innovation, because everyone working on PCs will actually know what they're doing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63427 on: October 04, 2011, 03:54:17 pm »

I dunno, your connections are probably more tied to what's going on in HP as a whole than anyone I know.

In some ways, we're so far removed from HP's daily operations that the only time we even notice them is when they're in the news or they screw up our paychecks (again).

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63428 on: October 04, 2011, 04:00:40 pm »

My Bio teacher from last year stopped me in the hall, told me I got a perfect 300/300 on the Bio finals last year. This makes me quite happy.

She also told me English teacher from last year about it too, apparently, and she told me congratulations when I told her good morning this morning. Awesome! :)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #63429 on: October 04, 2011, 04:10:39 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:29:44 pm by ILikePie »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #63430 on: October 04, 2011, 04:23:27 pm »

Joined a mountaneering club, after a two month basic course on assorted stuff we can continue recreatively or pick something we like doing more, like say, free climbing (fuck yes) or hell, even spelunking (double fuck yes).Now my big dillemma is do i climb rocks like a little monkey that i am or do i go dwarfy and underground?

Also, Epic cupcake time, holy shit awesome!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #63431 on: October 04, 2011, 04:50:44 pm »

Phineas and Ferb > My Little Pony

Just sayin'...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63432 on: October 04, 2011, 05:03:17 pm »

It's ok. You can be wrong :D

Just sayin'!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #63433 on: October 04, 2011, 05:05:26 pm »

It's ok. You can be wrong :D

Just sayin'!

Lol

In other news, I just got a new avatar. Now I can join the GIF legions!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63434 on: October 04, 2011, 05:06:50 pm »

I also have a new avatar, though not a gif.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 4227 4228 [4229] 4230 4231 ... 13311