Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4268 4269 [4270] 4271 4272 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14562657 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64035 on: October 12, 2011, 12:38:13 am »

I have acquired approval to build a 16 bit Arithmetic Logic Unit as my senior project. This is going to be radical.
The return of the Dwarf Fortress Super Computer?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64036 on: October 12, 2011, 01:16:41 am »

Just had a steampunk moment wearing a corset and appropriate jacket~

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64037 on: October 12, 2011, 01:20:48 am »

This Omegle v. Cleverbot moment:
Stranger: Hey there! Since you'll most likely ask for an A/S/L (or a variant thereof), I'll give it to you already. Eighteen/male/Canada.
CleverBot: How are you not smart?
Stranger disconnected
Now cleverbot is fishing for pedobears...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:42:01 am by Scaraban »
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64038 on: October 12, 2011, 02:33:08 am »

One of my professors opened up her first class with a video about the the treatment of the Hmong people during the Cambodian Genocide. I told her bleakly that I have been to the Killing Fields and did a video project on it that's up on youtube. Fast forward to the 2nd class, she confides in me that it left her weeping and that I should continue to build on my video for a class project. Fuck PTSD and all that, my greatest weakness - my emotional and physical sensitivities and connections to others - might just be my greatest strength.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64039 on: October 12, 2011, 02:43:33 am »

One of my professors opened up her first class with a video about the the treatment of the Hmong people during the Cambodian Genocide. I told her bleakly that I have been to the Killing Fields and did a video project on it that's up on youtube. Fast forward to the 2nd class, she confides in me that it left her weeping and that I should continue to build on my video for a class project. Fuck PTSD and all that, my greatest weakness - my emotional and physical sensitivities and connections to others - might just be my greatest strength.

I think i see a Nobel Prize with your name on it bro, you can really make a difference with your work.

tomorrow's agenda: Open Mic Night
been a while since i done one, luckly i memorized two songs in my head as long someone else can the piano for me (left hand bummed from hyperextension) but working on my 1 hour poem now. Probably do a slam poetry, easier to do with less grammar and flow rules to follow.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64040 on: October 12, 2011, 02:48:37 am »

Watchmen <3

Regrettably, I am not going to be able to sleep much tonight, because I have some math homework I absolutely must complete tomorrow.  But after this, I will be all caught up and, as of this weekend, actually quite a bit ahead.  I am looking forward enormously to that moment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64042 on: October 12, 2011, 03:15:19 am »

So the mother has a blog about the making and the son posted on reddit about the finished product? Hobbes is everywhere.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64043 on: October 12, 2011, 04:03:08 am »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #64044 on: October 12, 2011, 09:35:57 am »

Went to a Microsoft presentation last night and learned why Vista was so terrible at launch. Apparently they didn't start unit testing* their OSes until halfway through Vista's product cycle. :P

Then today the C++ professor used the first part of a lecture on classes to set up a joke about classes accessing (or as she put it, touching) each other's private variables (or as she put it, privates). The entire class face-palmed when she got to the punchline. :D

*for non programmers: unit testing is essentially writing code which automatically tests various conditions of a piece of code to ensure it works as intended; without unit testing, you pretty much are writing code and just going on faith that it works as intended under all possible conditions.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64045 on: October 12, 2011, 09:40:33 am »

Unit testing can be a double-edged sword. We had a project were we unit-tested as much as possible, and basically ended up spending a large chunk of time fixing the unit tests rather than discovering bugs or regressions in the production code.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64046 on: October 12, 2011, 09:42:29 am »

http://www.livemocha.com/

New languages here i come :>
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64047 on: October 12, 2011, 11:42:15 am »

They found my backpack.

The found my backpack!

They found my backpaaaaaaaack!!!!!!

:D

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64048 on: October 12, 2011, 11:44:06 am »

With its contents? That would be the superbest.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64049 on: October 12, 2011, 11:46:18 am »

I put a lock on my backup so nobody can steal it.
Pages: 1 ... 4268 4269 [4270] 4271 4272 ... 13312