Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4275 4276 [4277] 4278 4279 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14380110 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64140 on: October 13, 2011, 03:35:07 pm »

In the US though, grades are irrelevant, the only things that matter for "free school money" are your ACT/SAT grades, your parents income, winning contests and having friends in high places.
Lies and slander.  My SAT score wasn't that good, my parents don't have an income, I didn't win a contest, and I don't have any of your cynical "connections".

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #64141 on: October 13, 2011, 03:38:15 pm »

In the US though, grades are irrelevant, the only things that matter for "free school money" are your ACT/SAT grades, your parents income, winning contests and having friends in high places.
Lies and slander.  My SAT score wasn't that good, my parents don't have an income, I didn't win a contest, and I don't have any of your cynical "connections".

Your parents don't have an income, as long as you didn't screw up on the SAT that qualifies you for basic Pell grants.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64142 on: October 13, 2011, 03:40:13 pm »

Weird system you Americans have, over here you get more if your parents make less, to make up for the lower amount you would get from them.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64143 on: October 13, 2011, 03:43:17 pm »

Many contests and schools will, however, not bother to read your applications if you have a GPA below some arbitrary cutoff. Usually only the popular ones, because they have to cut their workload and decided it was as good a way as any.

Hey, don't complain at me for kicking reason to the curb :3
Vector, quit making the rest of us look bad![/rebellion]

I suddenly realized what I want to do when I get older, which has been a mystery to me for a long time. I want to fucking backpack through Europe, and I have no idea why.
Because it's there. Next, get six of your buddies, grow beards, take a bunch of pickaxes, booze, and mushrooms, and embark on Everest.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64144 on: October 13, 2011, 03:44:16 pm »

Weird system you Americans have, over here you get more if your parents make less, to make up for the lower amount you would get from them.
No, that's how ours is supposed to work, too
My happy: 100% practical & 92.1% on my written finals for Cisco 1. Next week starts Cisco 2.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #64145 on: October 13, 2011, 03:45:31 pm »

Virex: that is exactly what I mean, if your parents are low income, you qualify for certain basic grants. The Pell Grant is often enough for a junior college, but not enough to go to a university.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #64146 on: October 13, 2011, 03:49:23 pm »

I have a 3.Something GPA. Also, congratulations to anybody that manages to get their GPA above 4.0 and doesn't fudge on your important tests (ACT/SAT)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64147 on: October 13, 2011, 03:54:15 pm »

We should switch what side of the road we drive on at some point.  That'll fix everything.  Fucking backwards Amexricans right

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64149 on: October 13, 2011, 04:02:59 pm »

We need to convert over to the metric system too.  SI and all that.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64150 on: October 13, 2011, 04:04:10 pm »

If we switched over to metric, I'd certainly be posting about it in this thread.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64151 on: October 13, 2011, 04:05:21 pm »

And get back into the commonwealth while we are making all this change, maybe? Please USA, come home, Canada and Australia miss you, and England cries herself to sleep at night. Your breaking this family apart!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64152 on: October 13, 2011, 04:08:29 pm »

And get back into the commonwealth while we are making all this change, maybe? Please USA, come home, Canada and Australia miss you, and England cries herself to sleep at night. Your breaking this family apart!

Yeah! HOMEWRECKER!!!!!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64153 on: October 13, 2011, 04:11:31 pm »

No, that's how ours is supposed to work, too
My happy: 100% practical & 92.1% on my written finals for Cisco 1. Next week starts Cisco 2.
Cool to know I'm ahead of someone in the same thing, even though my schedule is a bit odd because the place uses the high school schedule, not the college one. (In Cisco 3, had 1,2, and A+ class last year)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64154 on: October 13, 2011, 04:13:50 pm »

Watching dr who from the first of the new series to the end. fun stuff.

Currently on the start of season five with this new doctor. all I can think is: who's this douchebag?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:16:09 pm by Heliman »
Pages: 1 ... 4275 4276 [4277] 4278 4279 ... 13310