Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4277 4278 [4279] 4280 4281 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14549813 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64170 on: October 13, 2011, 05:09:14 pm »

Paint.net is just fiiiiine for pixel work. I'm sure gimp is better for more Photoshop-like needs, but for my purposes I get by with this pretty simple interface.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64171 on: October 13, 2011, 05:10:34 pm »

New laptop, new keyboard. It feels good to be making music again. It's been years since I've been focused on it.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64174 on: October 13, 2011, 05:35:26 pm »

Ireland is sort of the uncle of the family. England is the mother, with France as the farther.
Hundred year war? Yea, that was a troubling argument, but they got back together.
Then when USA had an argument with England he left home, but France gave him a last parting gift. A skateboard with a strange green woman in robes painted on it.
I can totally see England as a middle aged woman who smokes and grumbles to herself a lot while being extremely polite to people's faces... most of the time. Then she gets really bossy and tries to mother everyone.

"Now you two stop fighting this instant. You're both Irish, and brothers to boot, so start acting like it or I'll box your ears!"
"You're not my real mother!"

Then the UK is England's son, and she's constantly trying to mother him.

UK: So I was thinking that Poland-
England: Oh pumpkin! You forgot your lunch.
UK: Muuuum, I'm trying to hold a meeting with the European Union here.
England: I know, and I think it's lovely you're making friends, I just wanted to make sure you got a good meal.
UK: Muuum, I can just buy a lunch.
England: Yes, but they serve GM foods here, and you know those things are bad for you.
UK: MUM, that's just a silly superstiition.
England: Now you listen here young man, those GM foods are pure poison and you know it, and I'm not going to stand for you giving me lip.
UK: ... yes mum.
England: Now eat your lunch and enjoy it, I had to sail all the way across the English channel to get it to you.
UK: Yes mum...
England: I'll leave you to play with your friends then. Ta-ta!
UK: ...You could have taken the tunnel.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #64175 on: October 13, 2011, 05:35:52 pm »

Re: Pixel art programs. I'm just getting started in pixel art, and I read that programs like photoshop and GIMP are WAY overpowered for the task at hand. While gale is simple, it's made with pixel artists in mind. At least from what I read.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64176 on: October 13, 2011, 05:41:04 pm »

I don't think using supposedly overpowered tools is that much of a problem. If you've got a single program that can do both where you know all the bells and whistles you're going to be better at photo manipulation, pixel art and other tasks than if you're using a separate program for each task.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64177 on: October 13, 2011, 05:46:27 pm »

Using OP tools has no technical problems with it, it can just be a little more annoying working with that many tools instead of the select few that you need.

Take for example if I want to scale my image to twice the size. With pixel art, you wouldn't want any bluring to make it look more natural, but a lot of programs like GIMP do this by default, so you need to remember to change this setting. Might not seem like much, but when you need to remember to uncheck the bells and whistles for everything you do, it adds up.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #64178 on: October 13, 2011, 05:54:09 pm »

I may be biased since I can already use gimp pretty well, and gale just seems like a better bet due to having pixel art (and tools specifically for pixel art) in mind. How do I put this into words. . . . .it's just plain easier on gale to make good work. But yeah, if learning gimp still, it would be a good idea to use that to get accustomed to it, though it's not the best program for solely pixel art. Ah well. It's off topic. I'm happy because I discovered a great tutorial for pixel art and I'm going to start a deviant art page with my stuff on it when I get better.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #64179 on: October 13, 2011, 05:55:00 pm »

What program are you using on the laptop in that photo, Kael?

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64180 on: October 13, 2011, 05:55:10 pm »

Didn't The Doctor always have part-time male companions? The main one is always female, but secondary ones seem to come and go from time to time.
They're normally one-shots, totally temporary. except for...

Captain Jack Harkness.

Swoon!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64181 on: October 13, 2011, 05:57:35 pm »

Well let's just totally ignore Ian Chesterton. Kids these days!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64182 on: October 13, 2011, 06:02:43 pm »

They're normally one-shots, totally temporary.
And have an odd pattern of their closing note being that they are gay. Nothing wrong with that as part of their character, but it's literally the last thing you find out and doesn't mesh with their story.

Captain Jack Harkness is still great and it's a shame we probably won't ever see him again.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64183 on: October 13, 2011, 06:25:02 pm »

What program are you using on the laptop in that photo, Kael?
Ableton Live 8

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #64184 on: October 13, 2011, 06:32:29 pm »

Captain Jack Harkness is still great and it's a shame we probably won't ever see him again.
I assume you know about Torchwood?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 4277 4278 [4279] 4280 4281 ... 13312