Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4487 4488 [4489] 4490 4491 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14548589 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67320 on: December 08, 2011, 05:48:39 pm »

Also snakes, and komodo dragons.
*Hugs*

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67321 on: December 08, 2011, 06:56:17 pm »

I never have coffee.  But today I had the most excellent cold coffee concoction.

COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE HIGH!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67322 on: December 08, 2011, 06:58:58 pm »

I never have coffee.  But today I had the most excellent cold coffee concoction.

COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE HIGH!
Jesus, go find some Adderall

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #67323 on: December 08, 2011, 07:06:19 pm »

I hate to generalize, but....

Toddlers are little monsters. Eeevvviiilllll.

Toddlers are just manic.  They start developing strong emotions and social awareness at the same time that they're mad with power after just figuring out fine motor functions and running around.  My younger one just turned 3 today.  The most tumultuous age.  Constant ups and downs.  One moment he'll be the sweetest kid in the world.  Then he's screaming because something's bothering him and he doesn't quite know how to communicate what it is.  Then he's determined to figure out how high he can climb up and jump down before hurting himself.  Then he's learning the social dynamics of provocation with his brother.  Then he's got a book off the shelf, and is fascinated with the act of tearing paper.  Constant exploration and discovery, both internal and external.  Most of it dangerous and/or destructive.

By the age of 5, kids are a lot of fun.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67324 on: December 08, 2011, 07:19:22 pm »

Practical pranks are best pranks.

Especially when lampshaded with TvTropes links.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #67325 on: December 08, 2011, 11:40:27 pm »

Yaaaay, the forum is back up!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67326 on: December 08, 2011, 11:53:36 pm »

This! So much this!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #67327 on: December 09, 2011, 12:01:56 am »

It's like I only sleep when the forums are down.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67328 on: December 09, 2011, 12:21:59 am »

This! So much this!
I was starting to get the shakes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #67329 on: December 09, 2011, 12:31:47 am »

This! So much this!
I was starting to get the shakes.

Did something happen?... I... I'm confused... I just woke up from a trance-like state... the only thing I remember is the click of a refresh button... over... and over... it seems so far away already... as if some dream of another life in some strange other world...  O.O
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #67330 on: December 09, 2011, 12:48:11 am »

Yay. Now I can go fuck off for a few more hours.
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #67331 on: December 09, 2011, 12:51:17 am »

Woo, the forums are back! And I'm reading them on an internet connection I'm actually paying for and which is therefore stable because oh sweet jegus wires! On my desktop that I finally set up 2 months after I moved in because I now have a goddamn desk*!

And black currant preserves are amazing. Yes.

*It's a folding table, but do I look like I care?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #67332 on: December 09, 2011, 01:02:55 am »

Yesterday each of the Current World Problems classes took a survey to find out how conservative or liberal they were. (Or at least a rough estimate.) All 10 questions had a general conservative, moderate, and liberal answer, worth 1, 2, or 3 points respectively. Thus, 10 was arch-conservative, 30 was elite liberal.

Far more than half of all three classes of ~24 were between 11 and 20, with the few remainder remaining under 25. This would normally not be happy thread material, considering it just highlights the general conservatism of the area which I disagree with constantly.

I was the lone person in the 26-30 bracket, at 28. It was lonely, sure, but now people are actually coming to me to debate with me on serious issues. I doubt I'm changing anyone's opinions, but it's nice to have a constant debate going on. It makes me think about what I'm saying.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67333 on: December 09, 2011, 01:03:31 am »

Just got a 13 cent raise.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #67334 on: December 09, 2011, 01:41:51 am »

Yesterday each of the Current World Problems classes took a survey to find out how conservative or liberal they were. (Or at least a rough estimate.) All 10 questions had a general conservative, moderate, and liberal answer, worth 1, 2, or 3 points respectively. Thus, 10 was arch-conservative, 30 was elite liberal.

Far more than half of all three classes of ~24 were between 11 and 20, with the few remainder remaining under 25. This would normally not be happy thread material, considering it just highlights the general conservatism of the area which I disagree with constantly.

I was the lone person in the 26-30 bracket, at 28. It was lonely, sure, but now people are actually coming to me to debate with me on serious issues. I doubt I'm changing anyone's opinions, but it's nice to have a constant debate going on. It makes me think about what I'm saying.

11-20 on a 1-30 scale is conservative?
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 4487 4488 [4489] 4490 4491 ... 13312