Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4959 4960 [4961] 4962 4963 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14498140 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [~~__ o( ><)o] Oh god the melting! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #74400 on: March 18, 2012, 07:37:38 pm »

After today's heat and rain, the neekerbreekers in the swamps or RIT are quite noisy tonight. So I get a rather pleasant soundtrack for doing my calc homework to.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #74401 on: March 18, 2012, 07:40:32 pm »

God, that sounds good. Too bad the place is three hours away.

That's unfortunate. The one in Louisville is only like 20 minutes away from me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #74402 on: March 18, 2012, 08:49:00 pm »

I just ate an entire pizza. Yes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74403 on: March 18, 2012, 08:56:36 pm »

Probably one of those mini pizzas!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #74404 on: March 18, 2012, 09:05:32 pm »

Well, it was only 12 inches in diameter. I'm a cheapskate.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74405 on: March 18, 2012, 09:07:42 pm »

Only 12 inches?

I...

No comment.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74406 on: March 18, 2012, 09:10:11 pm »

I just had the most wonderful realisation.
In Hogwarts, did they ever teach maths? Did they teach literature? Did they teach computer science, or art? I can understand them not going into science, I guess, but would business studies be that bad? What about music, or even sex ed? Did they ever get taught any of these most fundamental aspects of muggle life? No, they were too busy learning about spells and potions and means of travel that would most likely leave you unable to have children.
So remember folks, next time you meet somebody who seems dumb as a brink, and has trouble figuring out how much change they should give when you order a coffee, just remember this; it is because they are a wizard!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74407 on: March 18, 2012, 09:12:41 pm »

I just ate a large pizza. By myself. In 15 minutes.  :-\

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74408 on: March 18, 2012, 09:13:46 pm »

at which poiint you bust out the major kung foo
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74409 on: March 18, 2012, 09:14:02 pm »

Today I discovered the cassowary. I am pretty sure that it is the coolest bird.

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74410 on: March 18, 2012, 09:15:13 pm »

You think they are cool, until you are running for your life through middle earth being chased by feathered raptors.
Not so cool then!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74411 on: March 18, 2012, 09:15:58 pm »

Does it taste like chicken?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74412 on: March 18, 2012, 09:16:47 pm »

I just had the most wonderful realisation.
In Hogwarts, did they ever teach maths? Did they teach literature? Did they teach computer science, or art? I can understand them not going into science, I guess, but would business studies be that bad? What about music, or even sex ed? Did they ever get taught any of these most fundamental aspects of muggle life? No, they were too busy learning about spells and potions and means of travel that would most likely leave you unable to have children.
So remember folks, next time you meet somebody who seems dumb as a brink, and has trouble figuring out how much change they should give when you order a coffee, just remember this; it is because they are a wizard!
They did teach mathematics, actually (though magical mathematics or some rot like that) and no doubt some forms of art (re: Portraits) were taught at some level. Obviously not computer science, though. Rowling didn't exactly go into much detail on the scutwork of the society she threw together, though.

As for literature, the whole education was probably based around the magical equivalent of crap like the Tractatus. They probably didn't need much extra there :P

Anyway,the rest of it's what we have fanfiction for! To rend your mind and soul, whee
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #74413 on: March 18, 2012, 09:17:40 pm »

Does it taste like chicken?
Well, there's only one way to find out! Who's with me to a trip of New Guinea?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #74414 on: March 18, 2012, 09:19:15 pm »

I just ate a large pizza. By myself. In 15 minutes.  :-\
I did say I was a cheapskate. I already paid 18 bucks for mine, with tip. So I'm making up the difference with carbonated beverages. Although I can't match your speed, that's impressive.

Also, speaking of Harry Potterverse Education...
Pages: 1 ... 4959 4960 [4961] 4962 4963 ... 13311