Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4960 4961 [4962] 4963 4964 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14544732 times)

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: [~~__ o( ><)o] Oh god the melting! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #74415 on: March 18, 2012, 09:25:18 pm »

I just had the most wonderful realisation.
In Hogwarts, did they ever teach maths? Did they teach literature? Did they teach computer science, or art? I can understand them not going into science, I guess, but would business studies be that bad? What about music, or even sex ed? Did they ever get taught any of these most fundamental aspects of muggle life? No, they were too busy learning about spells and potions and means of travel that would most likely leave you unable to have children.
So remember folks, next time you meet somebody who seems dumb as a brink, and has trouble figuring out how much change they should give when you order a coffee, just remember this; it is because they are a wizard!

I have only seen one or two of the movies, but it seems that this wizard society is rather backwards. They have spells, but they have no idea how to apply them to their lives. One would think that the students would be frequently employing some manner of personal communication analogous to the celluar telephone, and one wonders why they still use wooden sailing ships with gunpowder cannons. They also seem to do a rather large amount of walking. Why no broomstick Segway PTs?

Further, one would expect that a school full of super-powerful children to be a complete chaos of debauchery and mischief.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74416 on: March 18, 2012, 09:27:47 pm »

Apparently in the HP rule set, your magical capacity is inverse to your INT score.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74417 on: March 18, 2012, 10:03:51 pm »

Unless you're Harry James Potter-Evans-Verres.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74418 on: March 18, 2012, 10:08:51 pm »

'sup guys, just came back from spending the weekend in New York listening to some respectable dudes on setting up gigs and organization and all that jazz. Then went ballroom dancing where I accidentally stole the daughter of a Korean CEO from him while we danced. When I returned to apologize he was just laughing at how ballsy I was. Then I saw my sister off at the airport for her huge sports thing in Korea before hopping into a van back home.

Good times.

Oh, and being in New York on St. Patties day was a treat.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74419 on: March 18, 2012, 10:12:44 pm »

Damnit Duke, now I'm seeing you as a kobold thief skulking into formal dances with a giant burlap sack, stealing people's children.

And then apparently apologizing, but not giving the children back.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74420 on: March 18, 2012, 10:18:14 pm »

In Hogwarts, did they ever teach maths? Did they teach literature? Did they teach computer science, or art? I can understand them not going into science, I guess, but would business studies be that bad? What about music, or even sex ed? Did they ever get taught any of these most fundamental aspects of muggle life? No, they were too busy learning about spells and potions and means of travel that would most likely leave you unable to have children.
So remember folks, next time you meet somebody who seems dumb as a brink, and has trouble figuring out how much change they should give when you order a coffee, just remember this; it is because they are a wizard!

I have only seen one or two of the movies, but it seems that this wizard society is rather backwards. They have spells, but they have no idea how to apply them to their lives. One would think that the students would be frequently employing some manner of personal communication analogous to the celluar telephone, and one wonders why they still use wooden sailing ships with gunpowder cannons. They also seem to do a rather large amount of walking. Why no broomstick Segway PTs?

Further, one would expect that a school full of super-powerful children to be a complete chaos of debauchery and mischief.
I have always found Harry Potter uncompeling because I just felt it lacked this kind of in-universe consistancy.

In order to stay on topic about happ things, I bought From Dust yesterday. IT IS AWSOME. God I really should have been working on my MUN position paper but I just spent the entire time constructing gigantic walls out of lava! :P
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74421 on: March 18, 2012, 10:39:29 pm »

I think it's time for me to go back to the roots of my livestream channel and play Decent.

http://www.livestream.com/shad0wdumpsworldofhorrors

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #74422 on: March 18, 2012, 10:42:23 pm »

Hopefully playing Descent decently!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74423 on: March 18, 2012, 10:45:32 pm »

Hopefully playing Descent decently!
And that's why Firefox's spell checker isn't the last line of defense against bad spelling.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #74424 on: March 19, 2012, 12:22:35 am »

Plaintiff's motion to compell defense counsel to wear appropriate shoes at trial.... No, really.

Also, God damn it Arkansas, I thought we talked about this.

Arizona, I know sitting alone at the lunch table sucks, I do, but really, this is simply turned to bullshit.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:27:17 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74425 on: March 19, 2012, 12:26:20 am »

Plaintiff's motion to compell defense counsel to wear appropriate shoes at trial.... No, really.

Is it cool to show names like that? I mean... this is the internet.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #74426 on: March 19, 2012, 12:27:44 am »

Is it cool to show names like that? I mean... this is the internet.

Public record. All of that stuff is available online at the PALM BEACH COUNTY, FLORIDA, MARACOPA, COUNTY, ARIZONA and LONOKE COUNTY, ARKANSAS, websites. For some reason the courts always capitalize it just like that.

It's even worse than having it posted to Facebook, because literally everyone can see it and that's the whole point. It is not me that put it on the internet like that, it is the people filing in court and the court itself.

I dunno, given that, do people really think I should take it down?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:36:17 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #74427 on: March 19, 2012, 12:36:10 am »

There's actually a really good fanfic centered in part around this very realization called Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, and I highly recommend it. Though be sure you have plenty of time; it's as long as several Harry Potter books put together (and still going!).

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74428 on: March 19, 2012, 12:36:45 am »

:I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #74429 on: March 19, 2012, 12:37:28 am »

:I
Well, yes, but if he had never read it, he wouldn't get the reference. :P
Pages: 1 ... 4960 4961 [4962] 4963 4964 ... 13312