Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5221 5222 [5223] 5224 5225 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14571356 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Says Princess Celestia licking a lollipop...

Economics, I really disliked that class, I would always get into arguments with the professor.  Then again, I'm an Urban Planning major, so I'm very inclined to government investment in the economy.

Yeah, about half the effort on my part was not constantly arguing with him. Guy's the head of his department, and I'd rather endure listening to things that clash with my ethical viewpoint than drop that significant of a possible roadblock in my path if he turned out to be the sort who didn't like students disagreeing with him.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

HAHAHAHA! Realized I had a (fairly easy 8 page) paper due today when the professor started collecting them before the final. Asked if I could email it to him, muttered something about forgetting to print something (plausible-it wouldn't be the thirty-third time for me), knocked out the exam quickly, ran back, typed it up, sent it off. Got the email away before the exam ended, and he said he wasn't going to deduct anything.

Magical procrastination/poor memory powers activate!
Yeah, I never pulled that off in university, but I did that in HS constantly.  Scribble down a three page paper by hand in a single pass during an hour or so before class starts, be told that I clearly put a lot of effort into revising it and get an absurdly high grade.

I'm convinced that if you are going to BS your way through a paper, it works like poetry: the less time you spend rewriting and revising, the better.  You have to BS straight from the heart.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile

Warm rain outside right now!!

this happens here like once every 5 or so years,  Its like lukewarm water from the sky,
normally when it's hot out and it rains the water evaporates before it reaches the ground,
but its like super cloudy and like 80 degrees and super gray outside and drizzling warm rain and I'm going to go outside until it stops.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

HAHAHAHA! Realized I had a (fairly easy 8 page) paper due today when the professor started collecting them before the final. Asked if I could email it to him, muttered something about forgetting to print something (plausible-it wouldn't be the thirty-third time for me), knocked out the exam quickly, ran back, typed it up, sent it off. Got the email away before the exam ended, and he said he wasn't going to deduct anything.

Magical procrastination/poor memory powers activate!
Yeah, I never pulled that off in university, but I did that in HS constantly.  Scribble down a three page paper by hand in a single pass during an hour or so before class starts, be told that I clearly put a lot of effort into revising it and get an absurdly high grade.

I'm convinced that if you are going to BS your way through a paper, it works like poetry: the less time you spend rewriting and revising, the better.  You have to BS straight from the heart.
Exactly. That's how I got through pretty much everything in HS; teachers would semiregularly end up using stuff I wrote the night before as examples of how to thoroughly write and edit a paper. I've actually developed a habit of intentionally putting stuff off until the last possible moment, just to build up as much stress as possible as quickly as possible once I let myself think about it, so that I can blow through things with minimal effort. I really need to cut that out.

3. Run Resize Enable

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Exactly. That's how I got through pretty much everything in HS; teachers would semiregularly end up using stuff I wrote the night before as examples of how to thoroughly write and edit a paper. I've actually developed a habit of intentionally putting stuff off until the last possible moment, just to build up as much stress as possible as quickly as possible once I let myself think about it, so that I can blow through things with minimal effort. I really need to cut that out.
Appropriate Twilight Sparkle avatar is appropriate.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Appropriate Twilight Sparkle avatar is appropriate.
It's a conspiracy.  ;D

3. Run Resize Enable

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Flying Dice, since you've seen that sort of success, you know you have it in you to do well. Now, the next step is to develop the will to summon that ability whenever you need it. It's not easy (I'm still trying to get it down myself) but when you can, you can then begin on the path to mastery.

</wise_old_hermit>

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

Was completely nude at work for the first time in 10 years working here off and on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Was completely nude at work for the first time in 10 years working here off and on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

YES.

3. Run Resize Enable

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

I've actually developed a habit of intentionally putting stuff off until the last possible moment, just to build up as much stress as possible as quickly as possible once I let myself think about it, so that I can blow through things with minimal effort. I really need to cut that out.
I just call that process 'letting my ideas ferment.' After all, there is at least some evidence that as long as you get a general idea of the problem in your head, your brain will subconsciously work through it. So that when you finally get around to it later, the answer will come much more easily. I'm not lazy, I'm efficient! :D

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Found out today that that weird hybrid of pop and rock I like is called pop-rock. Music is easy, apparently.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I don't know what changed. But my prospects of getting out more just increased by a lot.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I had one of those moments where I was able to step back and see my relatively mundane job through the eyes of someone utterly uninitiated.

My job inolves mostly manipulating pieces of plastic in arcane, rapid configurations (often accompanied by the muttering of mysterious, unintelligble phrases), which cause almost imperceptible changes in the invisble flow of energy. These changes allow me to move objects at a great distance, see things as they occur thousands of miles away, communicate with far-off locations, even converse with unliving machines.

I'm a goddamn wizard.  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you wear a robe and pointy hat as your work uniform?  Because you should.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

We're all goddamn wizards.  :D
It's true. These silly boxes would have got us all burnt at the stake a few hundred years ago.

Magic!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5221 5222 [5223] 5224 5225 ... 13312