Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5230 5231 [5232] 5233 5234 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14645560 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

I did a voiceover for a commercial and in exchange received money! Best day!
Commercial linky?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We must hear your glorious voice!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

this thing

it's a thing of beauty

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

this thing

it's a thing of beauty
It... it really is. I don't actually see the palin connection (being fair, I also don't remember what she looks like.), but it's great even without that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

this thing

it's a thing of beauty
At first I was upset because it wasn't the aforementioned voice-over, but this is better.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

this thing

it's a thing of beauty

This thread is almost perfect.  The vector animations make up for a lot, but the lack of Iron Maiden album art is criminal.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

next he'll be seeing magma outside his window.

animate, sentient lava.
It's sonic 2006 all over again... :'(
You might've seen it already but set aside ~20 hours sometime for this.
All I know about Sonic 2006 was learned through that LP.

I've watched it... Three times.  What the Hell is wrong with me?

Welp. So much for sleep.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

this thing

it's a thing of beauty

This thread is almost perfect.  The vector animations make up for a lot, but the lack of Iron Maiden album art is criminal.

I can't even get past the Star Fox one without laughing out loud. It's too perfect.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, is Advance Wars: Day of Ruin such a satisfying game so far. My experience with the series is limited to the first two games, which were soured by the fact that the games are cheating bastards, and it's usually the moment that I find out how a game cheats that I get sick of playing it immediately, but this game pretty much rectifies all the problems I had. The AI follows the same rules I do, thinks strategically, doesn't do anything unfair, and innovated on the CO mechanics so it looks like every CO is usable instead of only a select few from the first two games. While I actually enjoyed the happy, smarmy story the series started with where the players were at war, but still treated eachother like old buddies, this game is much more serious and trying to take a more grim approach to things.

I'm enjoying it, gotta say.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, is Advance Wars: Day of Ruin such a satisfying game so far. My experience with the series is limited to the first two games, which were soured by the fact that the games are cheating bastards, and it's usually the moment that I find out how a game cheats that I get sick of playing it immediately, but this game pretty much rectifies all the problems I had. The AI follows the same rules I do, thinks strategically, doesn't do anything unfair, and innovated on the CO mechanics so it looks like every CO is usable instead of only a select few from the first two games. While I actually enjoyed the happy, smarmy story the series started with where the players were at war, but still treated eachother like old buddies, this game is much more serious and trying to take a more grim approach to things.

I'm enjoying it, gotta say.
Wait till you get near the end. The good-old cheating AI will be back with a vengeance :D

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

It's my default "long car journey" game.  With the holidays coming I may even finish it sometime.

It's clearly a better game than Dual Strike (the AI didn't seem to cheat in that?  They just had a lot more units than you in the 5 or so hard mode missions that were difficult) in terms of balance and not being overdependant on rushing for powers, but... eh, somehow I don't find it quite as fun usually.  Maybe I just enjoyed tearing through everything in one double long move of carnage.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Personally, I liked Days of Ruin much more than Dual Strike. Maybe it's because the game took itself more seriously, maybe it's because the graphics weren't as LEGO-like, or maybe it's just because it came out later >.>

The only bad part(s) is the lack of unlockables! xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't like how they reworked Commander bonuses.

For the uninitiated, every Advance Wars game up until Days of Ruin had Commanding Officers who provided bonuses and penalties to all of your units. By dealing and taking enough damage, COs could use a special power (or two) as a sort of limit break.
In DoR, however, you have to place your commander in one of your units, and only that one would get any real advantage. Powers would only affect nearby units, and power could only be built up with the commanding unit - and the enemy AI prioritizes attacking your CO. Lose the commanding unit, lose your power. Bleh.

The story and gameplay were excellent for the most part, though. I still kinda prefer Dual Strike for the sheer amount of potential strategy.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

DoR had a good story, not so good CO system. I don't think I've even used a CO Power yet in that game.

Meanwhile, whether or not it was the real Day9, there was a DayNine in the Path of Exile global chat earlier. It was neat to watch the chat react to it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

One of the best feelings in life. Grabbing a fresh pack of bacon out of the fridge and cooking all of it up alllll for yourself.

Om nom fucking nom.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 5230 5231 [5232] 5233 5234 ... 13312