Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5478 5479 [5480] 5481 5482 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14544326 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty sure its the origins of every country's name, primarily from their own perspective, but some from a colonial perspective if there weren't indigenous people or a name for the land isn't known.

Mexico/Mexitli means "Navel of the Moon" in Old Nahuatl, for instance. Very neat!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

This is the way the European Championship ends
Not with a whimper but with a bang

Its been pretty entertaining for us neutrals, as far as the round ball game goes.

I'm just happy we got one decent game, even if we didn't make it out of group play. Now all my cheer goes to Spain and Portugal. At least you can count on them to play fun football.
Love, scriver~

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So the Tacos! guy is back somehow, until they get rid of him again.  They repeatedly tried to shut him down and are most likely going to continue trying to shut him down. He seems to be allergic to having a vender's license, because he avoids having one like it will give him a damn rash. When asked why he does not have a vender's license, his only response is to silently hand you a taco. Your only sane response is to eat the damn taco and leave. Sadly, the health and business department are not fond of sane responses and have repeatedly shooed our little Hispanic goatee guy of questionable origins and delicious tacos away, much to the dismay of the taco loving public.

I'm not sure anyone knows his name, or needs to. He is, however, known to many as "Tacos!" due to the fame of his wares. Depending upon who you believe, he is either an unlicensed and questionable individual, or a wandering folk hero of sorts.To me, he shall always be that Hispanic guy of questionable origins and delicious tacos....
you make a taco seller almost sound poetic.

kudos, Truean, kudos.
He's a mysterious stranger. Has Tacos, will travel.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

After a bloody long time of not going near the dwarf fortress forums nor playing the game... I turned 20 yesterday and picked it back up.

Best birthday I've had in a long while!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Taco poetry needs to happen significantly more often.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I'm not sure anyone knows his name, or needs to. He is, however, known to many as "Tacos!" due to the fame of his wares. Depending upon who you believe, he is either an unlicensed and questionable individual, or a wandering folk hero of sorts.To me, he shall always be that Hispanic guy of questionable origins and delicious tacos....

On a dusty breeze he arrives, on with a whiff of beef and chipotle does he leave.

I don't suppose you, as a lawyer, would know anything about obtaining street vendor licenses?  Sounds like the guy does enough business to afford one, if he knew how.

Then again, buying his freedom with tacos and wanderlust seems to be working just fine for him anyway.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know how much it would cost for him in this case, but some local vendor fees are pretty absurd. I've known more than one place that was humming merrily along with pretty thin margins and went under due to a significant increase in either property taxes, vendor fees, or both.

(The primary cause seems to be property reevaluations, though, not vendor fees. I know a place that was going strong for 30 years but recently had the property re-evaluated and ended getting a whopping 200% increase in property taxes, simply because more expensive places had moved in nearby.)

Still, some companies do operate on razor-thin profit margins (or just aren't willing to go through the paperwork. Dear god, I would do almost anything to avoid that paperwork myself)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

So me and some friends have been playing d20 legend.

Today we found cloned elf girls, messed around with filtering machines and pools of acid that acid spitting fish were swimming in, found a big lab, and I shot a dwarf 4 times in the back with a .38 revolver before he knew what the fuck was going on. And convinced his Orc friend to surrender.

It's been great~
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

While/After cleaning out one place while working, I managed, with permission from the previous owner, to score myself a complete (albeit used) set of golf clubs, and in pretty decent condition too, free of charge. Tested them out during my downtime waiting to be picked up from the job, and they are awesome. Had my pick of clubs out of 3.5 different bags worth (seeing as the residents are part of a golfing community) before having to scrap the remainder. Chose the best and most consistent (same brand) out of the bunch, and a couple custom-makes; especially putters.

I wanna really try them out at the local driving range. Plus, now that I have my own complete set, I can, along with anyone I invite, check out the main golf courses around town. Naturally, I/we need to get some practice in our swing before we can try out the main courses. Our scores are going to be all kinds of suck awesome.

I'm trying to appraise the total value of my spoils, but I can already say that it's quite a decent salvage before they were about to hit the garbage pile/dumpster. At least 150-350 bucks in value. seeing as I scored a complete set of Top-Flite irons, as well as a handful of custom and professional putters and drivers (iron and wood). I'll maybe take a picture of it to show the awesomeness of my find.

EDIT:
Seeing an official set online for comparison, I may be missing one or two clubs; sand wedge being one of them.

EDIT EDIT:
Did a bit of appraising, and their resale seems to be an estimated 30 bucks (matched the brand). Oh well. They're still nice clubs.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:22:28 pm by Itnetlolor »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[rambling]I finally got the website I'm working on to a manageable stage. There are eight main pages, and I have three of them done (lacking content, but the framework is there). One of the remaining five is currently being worked on, and the other four have a placeholder image. Having, at long last, gotten a solid third or so of the main site done feels amazing, since I'm not used to actually reaching this point with projects like this. Also, the placeholder image gives me this mental image of having plugged up leaks in the project (even though nobody can really see the site until it's online, but still. It's like free serotonin).[/rambling]

Also, the my opinion of taco distributing wanderers has gone up like a rocket.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I also think it's insane that I'm only level 2 and I'm doing like 28 damage over 2 attacks minimum. At 30 feet.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

a dwarf

Orc friend

I see only one thing wrong here.
*rolls eyes* There are still people that think like that? What is this, the third age? You've got to move with the times.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

a dwarf

Orc friend

I see only one thing wrong here.
So a dwarf and an orc was walking down a hallway when suddenly...

To be fair, Rozy was just completely winning the fight by herself. Pretty much the rest of us did nothing. :V
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I'm sorry but that Dwarf was belligerent and needed to be put down. He offended me with his dwarvishness.
Pages: 1 ... 5478 5479 [5480] 5481 5482 ... 13312