Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5768 5769 [5770] 5771 5772 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14579083 times)

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86535 on: August 27, 2012, 10:05:16 pm »

The TVTropes link was evil. I've got 5 tabs open from that site right now.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86536 on: August 27, 2012, 10:11:11 pm »

I got this from Cracked, but it's legit.

I feel like you're selling me drugs with the way that is phrased.
...The name doesn't help either. How's this? "I heard about this inspiring story through Cracked, an American humor site, but unlike some of the content uploaded to the site, it is completely true."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86537 on: August 27, 2012, 10:13:43 pm »

Your point is blunted by your minimal tab count.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #86538 on: August 27, 2012, 10:22:00 pm »

Your point is blunted by your minimal tab count.
Indeed. Only 5 tabs?! Bow before my 56 open tabs! (This happened once, not now. Otherwise I couldn't post this without it loading for ~8 years.)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86539 on: August 27, 2012, 10:28:15 pm »

Mumble mumble people reminding Frumple this shitty browser can only have open nine tabs... less than that if I don't want it to eat up the shitpad's RAM and start making everything crash. I'm used to a hunnerd or so tabs open being a slow day. Think I topped off at two fifty, iirc. Easier than bookmarks. Being so limited is like what I imagine losing a limb feels like. Or at least some important fingers or something.

Fie on thee all. One day, Frumple will have a decent computer. And then! Then! Two hundred fifty tabs per browser window. Four or five browser windows. And then a couple hundred more open in other browsers. RAM can suck my whirring CPU and blow my motherboard's dusty frame.

E: As for loading, loading is non-issue if you never close the browser or turn off the computer (hibernation is fine~) :P
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:30:55 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86540 on: August 27, 2012, 10:30:40 pm »

Mumble mumble people reminding Frumple this shitty browser can only have open nine tabs... less than that if I don't want it to eat up the shitpad's RAM and start making everything crash. I'm used to a hunnerd or so tabs open being a slow day. Think I topped off at two fifty, iirc. Easier than bookmarks. Being so limited is like what I imagine losing a limb feels like. Or at least some important fingers or something.

Fie on thee all. One day, Frumple will have a decent computer. And then! Then! Two hundred fifty tabs per browser window. Four or five browser windows. And then a couple hundred more open in other browsers. RAM can suck my whirring CPU and blow my motherboard's dusty frame.

You may have a bit of an addiction, Frumple. Might wanna get that checked out.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86541 on: August 27, 2012, 10:31:22 pm »

So, did your old computer break or something, Frumple?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86542 on: August 27, 2012, 10:34:41 pm »

Addicted to laziness, mebbe. It does take a while for it to start hitting critical mass. Usually four or five fanfic hunts, plus misc other browsing. So a month, maybe two. Don't turn off the computer and only close a tab when you can't use it for anything else and things... start to add up. Just a titch. Wee bit.

Laptop (last computer) did... sorta'. It still turns on, just turns itself back off about the time it hits the desktop. Pretty massive annoyance, and obviously impossible to get anything done like that. Thing's six or seven years old though, iirc, and secondhand to boot. About time for a keel over, bleh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86543 on: August 27, 2012, 10:52:24 pm »

I've got a seven year old laptop that works fine somewhere around here.

As long as you don't unplug it, don't try to use anything more stressful than google sketchup, and have all of the patience ever.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #86544 on: August 27, 2012, 11:21:14 pm »

Reading TVTropes 1 tab at a time LIKE A BAWS.

Most of the time I barely glance at the pages now, I've likely already read them. I seem to have hit all the big ones already and read through all the sections I care about (Fanworks, Literature, Web Originals, and Real Life).
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #86545 on: August 27, 2012, 11:24:26 pm »

Not even genetic engineering could make me a pegasus.

No matter how much I want one.
By the point it allows us to create lifeforms according to arbitrary specifications, it could. Mind, it still wouldn't be able to fly.
You people are thinking too down to earth here. They may be able to fly in the dome of a moon colony.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86546 on: August 27, 2012, 11:26:26 pm »

But then *I* could fly with some paper wings and flapping my arms, and then why would I need a flying horse?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86547 on: August 27, 2012, 11:26:56 pm »

Cue video of cats and birds being released on vomit comets and seeing them spazz out from the lack of gravity.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86548 on: August 27, 2012, 11:27:07 pm »

Most of the time I barely glance at the pages now, I've likely already read them. I seem to have hit all the big ones already and read through all the sections I care about (Fanworks, Literature, Web Originals, and Real Life).

Phones with internet for the ONE PAGE WIN!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86549 on: August 27, 2012, 11:38:04 pm »

Ur doin' it wrong.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.
Pages: 1 ... 5768 5769 [5770] 5771 5772 ... 13312