Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5809 5810 [5811] 5812 5813 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14528663 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87150 on: September 04, 2012, 03:43:23 pm »

I guess I'll actually post a happy this time around:

So I decided to finally bite the bullet and try out Team Fortress 2, since it's free and it's only been staring me down everytime I open up my Steam library anyway. Normally, I'd have passed it up as I allways do since I distaste competitive gameplay with grossly disrespectful children, teen, adults my age, and people ten years older than me or more who would use their months of practice against me to instakill me and teabag my corpse ad infinitum, however, something special happened, and that something special is Mann vs. Machine cooperative mode. I got to try it out a little at a gaming cafe just to pass some time, and I was hooked immediately so I finally decided my computer wanted some as well.

Now, I don't know if anyone remembers this, but it was either in this thread or another where I asked people to suggest a game that fit certain criteria: Fast, frenetic, desperate, and viciously difficult, like Resident Evil 4 and 5's Mercenary Modes. This fits all three easily, and I'm really happy about it. What makes me happier is that this also includes a criterion that I forgot about that's very important: variety. There's alot of variety with different classes, upgrade builds, and different ways of using the map and your teammates to acquire the most advantage for victory. And damn do you need every little advantage!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But man, this is way way way more than I intended to say on the subject, so I'll just say that I'll be returning to play some more when I get the chance.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 03:44:54 pm by JoshuaFH »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87151 on: September 04, 2012, 03:56:34 pm »

This is the coolest thing ever. Even though it's just fiction.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87153 on: September 04, 2012, 04:36:01 pm »

This is the coolest thing ever. Even though it's just fiction.
Wonder what would happen if you ordered a fictional animal.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87154 on: September 04, 2012, 04:51:48 pm »

Animal Mentioned: Motherfucking Cthulhu
Animal Received: Manx Cat

I'll let you guess how it goes from there.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87155 on: September 04, 2012, 05:21:32 pm »

Had a refreshing nap!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #87156 on: September 04, 2012, 05:33:06 pm »

First day of school tomorrow. My, how fast they grow...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #87157 on: September 04, 2012, 05:56:37 pm »

So I turned 19 today.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87158 on: September 04, 2012, 05:57:04 pm »

So I turned 19 today.
Congratulations! You're still alive!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87159 on: September 04, 2012, 05:57:48 pm »

http://youtu.be/dysG12QCdTA

Such a beautiful song.

Helps that 'Sebastian' is a cutie! Yo, ho!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87160 on: September 04, 2012, 05:58:37 pm »

So I turned 19 today.

Congrats on completing another ride on this pitiful ball of dirt and rock we call home.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87161 on: September 04, 2012, 05:59:55 pm »

Hey, don't talk bad about our ball of dirt! It's neat-o!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87162 on: September 04, 2012, 06:02:16 pm »

But it's so boring!

And provides me with an excellent excuse to bring up the newest What-If XKCD.

So totally using it for some kind of post-apocalyptic RP if I ever get the chance.

Edit: Although I'm none too happy about him completely ignoring Toronto.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:06:11 pm by Vorthon »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87163 on: September 04, 2012, 06:06:16 pm »

I've seen a more in-depth, more wild-speculation version of that. With paintings!

I'm still giddy over Sebastian. Someone join me in gaygiddies! Even - no - ESPECIALLY if you're straight!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87164 on: September 04, 2012, 06:08:38 pm »

I've seen a more in-depth, more wild-speculation version of that. With paintings!

LINK. NOW. >_>
Pages: 1 ... 5809 5810 [5811] 5812 5813 ... 13312