Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5813 5814 [5815] 5816 5817 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14537965 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87210 on: September 05, 2012, 03:01:06 am »

It's a nice morning even if I slept only 4 and half hours.

* Haspen gives out manhugs to everybody!
Yay hugs? =D
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87211 on: September 05, 2012, 03:02:07 am »

First day of school tomorrow. My, how fast they grow...
Mine starts on the 19th.
Tip of the day: Remember to close your zipper before you walk around kindergarten for half an hour. Nobody noticed, but that could've gone horribly wrong. I want to keep that one as leverage ("Eat your veggies or I swear I'll bring you to school tomorrow with my zipper open" "Ewww, DAD!!!").
You want a real threat, get ahold of one of those full body skin-tight spandex suits.

... bonus points if you do a maito gai impression while you're at it.
There's multiple levels I'm willing to take this. If she ever calls my bluff, I promise pictures.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87212 on: September 05, 2012, 05:08:39 am »

Finally my laptop is healthy. All is right in the world once more.
You know, I was going to be a smartass, but I'd rather have you online than buy anything from me. So, happy indeed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87213 on: September 05, 2012, 05:11:26 am »

It's a nice morning even if I slept only 4 and half hours.

* Haspen gives out manhugs to everybody!
* kaijyuu joins in manhugs

Good mornin' :D

...but now it's bedtime for me. 4 am is pushing it for staying up.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #87214 on: September 05, 2012, 05:18:23 am »

Learning about medieval Korean is fun. It's so much stricter and has lots of little things that are gone in regular Korean.

On the other hand, being tested about medieval Korean, or modern Korean for that matter, is no fun at all.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87215 on: September 05, 2012, 05:44:12 am »

Stress days are over. Until next week, that is, but by then I will have enough willpower to push onwards.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87216 on: September 05, 2012, 05:44:57 am »

Learning about medieval Korean is fun. It's so much stricter and has lots of little things that are gone in regular Korean.

On the other hand, being tested about medieval Korean, or modern Korean for that matter, is no fun at all.
I can sympathize. Learning how a language evolves is fun, but actually having to study it is not. I'm more concerned with the process, as opposed to the end product.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87217 on: September 05, 2012, 05:49:10 am »

I can sympathize. Learning how a language evolves is fun, but actually having to study it is not. I'm more concerned with the process, as opposed to the end product.

Especially when your mentor is a grammar nazi. Ouch.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #87218 on: September 05, 2012, 06:02:59 am »

Heya, New Guy! Remember me? :P

On happy news...

Studying Koine Greek again! Wooo!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87219 on: September 05, 2012, 06:08:09 am »

Of course I do. Not t-that I c-care anyway, idiot!

Where were you? You didn't post for quite a long time.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #87220 on: September 05, 2012, 06:44:42 am »

Well, I kind of...well...forgot...about the boards. I only got reminded by Phantom (who posted in the Memorial thread saying that I wasn't dead) , who I play an RPG or five with, telling me to tell people that I wasn't dead.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87221 on: September 05, 2012, 07:26:58 am »

Mine had her first day of kindergarten yesterday. Went well, apparently.

Also, xkcd's weekly What If? is all about planetology/climatology/worldbuilding this week, which is full of happy.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87222 on: September 05, 2012, 07:27:41 am »

Mine had her first day of kindergarten yesterday. Went well, apparently.
Fuck, we're getting old. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #87223 on: September 05, 2012, 07:50:12 am »

Confirmed with my tutor today that I got back to repeat my second year of college <3
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87224 on: September 05, 2012, 08:29:19 am »

http://www.worlddreambank.org/S/SHIVERIA.HTM Not QUITE 90 degrees, but close enough.

The site also has other alta-earths. Fairly interesting! If a little wildly-speculative.
Neat.
Well there went two hours. (Mostly because I link-followed). Still, a worthwhile use of time.

I should write a paper on how the quantity of hyperlinks on web sites is directly proportional to the amount of time spent reading web pages linked from the sites. TvTropes and Wikipedia would be my prime examples. I'd then expand it to an evaluation of short attention spans on the internet.

And then I'd pepper links to TvTropes all through the paper and publish it online.

Motherfucker! I would hunt you down so hard...

I'd have at least a week's head start while you're clicking all the links. I don't write short papers.

Oh man, that'd be a Bibliography From Hell.
Pages: 1 ... 5813 5814 [5815] 5816 5817 ... 13312