Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5852 5853 [5854] 5855 5856 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14514981 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87795 on: September 10, 2012, 03:19:03 pm »

I just saw DS9 episode Duet (1x19).

Goddamn. God. Damn. This was the finest performance for war criminal who was master at camouflage and lying whilst in captivity.

The series are superb and seemingly they can get even better when Dominion kicks in? I cannot wait to see that.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87796 on: September 10, 2012, 03:20:15 pm »

Oh yes. I remember Duet. Damn near made me cry. There's a reason it's ranked as one of the best episodes of DS9.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #87797 on: September 10, 2012, 03:22:47 pm »

Can be fun for a while, as long as you have a good exit strategy. Had a gf in college who was psycho but also a nympho. Fun while it lasted, if you don't count the incidents of purported demonic possession, channelling dead people or the obsession with sharp, pointy things.

My suggested exit strategy would be a harness and zipline.

"So....I want to cut you and taste your blood...."
"Hold that thought, baby."
*opens window*
"WHEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Yes, And also make sure to age-check any girls she brings home for a threesome.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87798 on: September 10, 2012, 03:32:58 pm »

Can be fun for a while, as long as you have a good exit strategy. Had a gf in college who was psycho but also a nympho. Fun while it lasted, if you don't count the incidents of purported demonic possession, channelling dead people or the obsession with sharp, pointy things.

*opens window*

I see you've met my ex.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87799 on: September 10, 2012, 04:03:59 pm »

Got my latest D&D setting developed enough to start a campaign (A few gods {As opposed to the 60+ my last one had before I even ran a campaign. That was a mistake}, A moderately well-developed starting town/city, a basic political framework, house rules, and some adventure seeds/hooks.)

Before I go about posting something in FG&RP, would anybody here be interested if I were to run a 1E AD&D campaign?

Also, new avatar added to my collection.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #87800 on: September 10, 2012, 05:13:28 pm »

On a related note, I finally started fleshing out my own homebrew setting for my meatspace D&D game, and the development of Wirld has been fantastic. I started out by saying that days were 16 hours long in Wirld, and that it was quite a bit smaller than Earth.

Using my Astro-mathTM from college, I have found out a few things about this planet.

Radius: 4711 km
Circumference: 29,600 km
Angular Speed at Equator: 1850 kmh
Volume: 4.3795*(10^20) km3
Mass: 2.9716*(10^24)kg
Gravity: 91% Earth
Density: 6.7852 g/cm3

A previous incarnation using the same rotational speed as the Earth (1670km/s) produced a density of 8.2510 g/cm3 with standard Earth gravity.

Earth Density: 5.54 g/cm3, or a bit heavier than Radium on average.

Old Wirld Density: 8.251 g/cm3, which is about the density of Terbium, and heavier than Iron on average. Holy shit that planet would be radioactive. Could explain all the magic, though.

New Wirld Density: 6.7852 g/cm3, almost exactly the density of Praseodymium. Lighter than Iron, though, so I can at least explain it with having a large iron core. That would also explain the relatively small mountain ranges and volcanoes populating the surface, too. Not to mention there's now an explanation for how much precious metal there is to be used as currency.

This was prompted by the party setting forth from the only then-known-to-that-empire continent, at which point I needed to actually draw the rest and figure out how big it is. It turns out that that continent was fairly small in the grand scheme of things. I just have to draw up some more land, build the terrain with what I learned in my geology/meteorology/geography classes, and add civilization.

Hooray for education! Making tabletop games more realistic is a good enough side-effect for me!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #87801 on: September 10, 2012, 05:17:04 pm »

*opens window*

I see you've met my ex.

Hmmm, I just learned of a thoroughly insane larper girl in the dorm I used to live in. So... it sounds like the general consensus is to NOT gopher it, or to gopher it if and only if I have checked her dwelling and person for sharp objects?
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #87802 on: September 10, 2012, 05:19:00 pm »

National Suicide Awareness Day today.

*Hugs Dsarker tightly* Have a fantastic day filled with happiness and not thoughts of suicide.

Not a day goes by without thoughts of suicide, man. Just have to endure.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87803 on: September 10, 2012, 05:19:08 pm »

*opens window*

Sigged.

*opens window*

I see you've met my ex.

Hmmm, I just learned of a thoroughly insane larper girl in the dorm I used to live in. So... it sounds like the general consensus is to NOT gopher it, or to gopher it if and only if I have checked her dwelling and person for sharp objects?

Do what it takes to keep all of your appendages and organs intact and in the correct places, as well as your blood in your body and your mind in your brain.

Oh, wait, you're in college. Scratch that last bit about your mind.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87804 on: September 10, 2012, 05:20:36 pm »

I didn't go to jail! :D I am now unreasonably excited, and enjoying all the little things! Like Coca-Cola. Soooo much better than jailwater.

Not a day goes by without thoughts of suicide, man. Just have to endure.

I promise you that things will get better. I know you probably have heard this a thousand times before, but they really will. Like you said, you just have to endure.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87805 on: September 10, 2012, 05:21:29 pm »

YAY! No jail for Hans, no failing tests for me. Day just keeps being awesome.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87806 on: September 10, 2012, 05:22:29 pm »

I didn't go to jail! :D I am now unreasonably excited, and enjoying all the little things! Like Coca-Cola. Soooo much better than jailwater.
How could you possibly be unreasonably excited about that?

* MaximumZero offers a high five.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87807 on: September 10, 2012, 05:25:21 pm »

How could you possibly be unreasonably excited about that?

* MaximumZero offers a high five.

* Hanslanda high fives

Never leave a bro hanging. :P

* greatorder offers a hug

* Hanslanda hugs back

Anyways, good times. I also ate a good meal before I went in and flirted with the waitress. So it's been a great day.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87808 on: September 10, 2012, 05:27:26 pm »

Play pattycake?
He's fucking with us.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #87809 on: September 10, 2012, 05:29:46 pm »

I didn't go to jail!

This is great news! I suggest a party be thrown with only substances that have been legal for the past century. We'll have a damn Charmander on the cake and everything. We'll party like we're ten years old. There'll be super-soaker fights, kickball, and a goddamn campfire in the backyard...

Man, I meant to make a joke but that actually sounds really fun.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"
Pages: 1 ... 5852 5853 [5854] 5855 5856 ... 13311