Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6054 6055 [6056] 6057 6058 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14631191 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things Cirno attempted to eat today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #90825 on: October 06, 2012, 11:00:41 am »

Alright then. To the PMs!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90826 on: October 06, 2012, 11:05:35 am »

??? The Pre Menst-- Oh, right. Rules. Yeah. Okay, not going there. *leaves*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90827 on: October 06, 2012, 11:43:06 am »

On a whim I decided to indulge in Puzzle Pirates again. This was inspired by the odd craving to want to do the sailing minigame again, which I was weirdly good at, able to string up large combos and get excellent scores without breaking a sweat, something I"m just not capable of doing with any of the other minigames.

Then I realized why I probably quit it last time, in that the game ramps up the difficulty and gives you absolutely insane charts cluttered with random hodgepodges of blocks and requiring just the most arbitrarily difficult goals, and the game just doesn't give you the right blocks to be able to complete them efficiently. That, and I ramped into the harder difficulties while half-asleep, so that may be contributing to my frustration, but my point still stands!

Plus, the whenever the boat you're on reaches an ocean checkpoint, the game gives an obnoxious whistle and then PAUSES EVERYTHING, the controls are just slapped right out of my hands and I have to wait for the captain to give the go ahead to continue, which near always takes a couple seconds. Invariably, this pause almost always happens right when I'm trying to do some extremely delicate detail work with a large, convoluted combo I'm trying to pull off where a single mistake will ruin the entire thing, and I have my intense train of thought so very rudely derailed by the game's stupid bullshit. And this happens every 3 to 5 minutes btw, it really gets on my nerves, and is probably another reason why I quit in the first place.

But still, I got what I wanted, to fucking Donkey it up Dr. Mario-style on a boat.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #90828 on: October 06, 2012, 11:48:44 am »

Batman of Shanghai!

Finally, a batman that is actually freaking awesome (other than TAS ofcourse)! Tough the sad part is that this might be a one off thing or whatever. But other than that it's very sweet, especially the visual and animation style, has that loose roughness that I find very appealing :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #90829 on: October 06, 2012, 11:51:18 am »

@Josh: You made me want to play Typer Shark. They used to make us play that to increase out WPM. And now I suck at it. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90830 on: October 06, 2012, 02:49:13 pm »

My happy: Dropped my LF off at her house, and drove home with my windows open in 35-40f weather. Fanfuckingtastic weather. :) I loooove the cold.
In other news, I realized I want to die of freezing to death when I die. Awesome stuff.
Again I say, COME TO MICHIGAN!

I say again: Almost felon. :P As soon as I get my freedom, I'm throwing my LF in the trunk and we're going somewhere with lots of young people to bone to meet around. We discussed it. :D
You, me, LF and Kai. We'll go on the world tour to BONE EVERYONE.
LET'S DO IT
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90831 on: October 06, 2012, 02:58:13 pm »

Batman of Shanghai!

Finally, a batman that is actually freaking awesome (other than TAS ofcourse)! Tough the sad part is that this might be a one off thing or whatever. But other than that it's very sweet, especially the visual and animation style, has that loose roughness that I find very appealing :D
I don't know whether this is blasphemy or the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90832 on: October 06, 2012, 03:01:12 pm »

Batsphemy.

;D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #90833 on: October 06, 2012, 03:08:14 pm »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #90834 on: October 06, 2012, 03:37:03 pm »

My happy: Dropped my LF off at her house, and drove home with my windows open in 35-40f weather. Fanfuckingtastic weather. :) I loooove the cold.
In other news, I realized I want to die of freezing to death when I die. Awesome stuff.
Again I say, COME TO MICHIGAN!

I say again: Almost felon. :P As soon as I get my freedom, I'm throwing my LF in the trunk and we're going somewhere with lots of young people to bone to meet around. We discussed it. :D
You, me, LF and Kai. We'll go on the world tour to BONE EVERYONE.
LET'S DO IT
remind me to not let you guys on my lawn.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90835 on: October 06, 2012, 03:49:54 pm »

But we wuv woooo~
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #90836 on: October 06, 2012, 04:13:21 pm »

Guys, we're dangerously close to, if not in, Janet-won't-be-happy territory.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #90837 on: October 06, 2012, 04:15:29 pm »

When almost everyone in the the lower boards vists that kind of terrirotry at least once a week, you have to wonder if it's even possible to avoid without banning a goodly percentage of the playerbase.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90838 on: October 06, 2012, 04:16:13 pm »

I was under the impression that her problem was with the innuendo and faux-and-almost-explicit flirting.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90839 on: October 06, 2012, 05:18:27 pm »

So. To turn away from the potential trainwreck brewing, lemme just say this:

Finally got around to reading some of Niven's fantasy stuff. It was good. Really good. I knew his sci-fi was awesome, but I had no idea just how good his fantasy was.
Pages: 1 ... 6054 6055 [6056] 6057 6058 ... 13312