Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6057 6058 [6059] 6060 6061 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14635777 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things Cirno attempted to eat today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #90870 on: October 06, 2012, 08:23:28 pm »

So. I came out. It went better than I expected, especially considering my delivery (Basically, in the middle of dinner, me telling them I'm bi without really preparing them.).

You know, every time I look in this thread it seems like there's always one post that's "Yeah I came out today, go me!".

It feels like:

"So I came out"

"Yeah, me too"

"Me as well"

"Here too"

"I came out so hard I hit the opposite wall"

"I busted that fucking closet door down"

"I came out so awesomely that now everyone else is in the closet"

"Man I was coming out before it was cool"

etc.

Just saying.

Still, congrats.

I shaved today. Like, really shaved, instead of giving everything a once over with the razor. Christ, my cheeks are smooth.

I was shaving before Jesus dumped his beard, bro.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90871 on: October 06, 2012, 08:24:48 pm »

So. I came out. It went better than I expected, especially considering my delivery (Basically, in the middle of dinner, me telling them I'm bi without really preparing them.).

My mom kinda went through a bit of denial, but has agreed to have a discussion with me later this week. So hopefully everything works out with her. My stepdad, on the other hand, did not take it well at all. I'm not gonna pollute the Happy thread with what he said, though. Off to the Rage thread!
Awesome job dude! :D Very brave and awesome of you.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #90872 on: October 06, 2012, 08:30:51 pm »

I was shaving before Jesus dumped his beard, bro.
Seize the Hipster!

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90873 on: October 06, 2012, 08:33:32 pm »

You know, every time I look in this thread it seems like there's always one post that's "Yeah I came out today, go me!".

It feels like:

"So I came out"

"Yeah, me too"

"Me as well"

"Here too"

"I came out so hard I hit the opposite wall"

"I busted that fucking closet door down"

"I came out so awesomely that now everyone else is in the closet"

"Man I was coming out before it was cool"

etc.

Just saying.

Still, congrats.

Yeah, we're a very LGBT community. Which is awesome. Makes me wish I had some sort of fun (or !!FUN!!) coming out story. Alas, I am straight, so I don't get to be cool.

Then again, I am an atheist. But my parents aren't religulous (a portmanteau of religious and ridiculous), so even that isn't a fun story.

My life is kinda boring.  :-\
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90874 on: October 06, 2012, 08:35:06 pm »

Hey. Sometimes boring is good. Boring means stability.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90875 on: October 06, 2012, 08:35:32 pm »

I'm certain you do something awesome. Like play Dwarf Fortress, or Liberal Crime Squad, or wrestle bears.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #90876 on: October 06, 2012, 08:36:55 pm »

There is a reason "May you live in intresting times" is a curse, you know.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90877 on: October 06, 2012, 09:19:11 pm »

Having good times playing Transformice with some folks. For more happies, if you'd like, y'all could join in too!

We set up a private room, and you can join in by typing "/room Vanilla12" in the chat bar. Huzzah!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90878 on: October 06, 2012, 09:37:30 pm »

First update to Truespeech in a long time, but it's kind of a teaser that has barely anything to do with the system. Quick, Wrex and Barbarossa, go criticize me for it on that forum. Conversation ain't gonna trick people into thinking I have interesting material if it's not over there >___________>[/shameless]
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90879 on: October 06, 2012, 09:41:27 pm »

Having good times playing Transformice with some folks. For more happies, if you'd like, y'all could join in too!

We set up a private room, and you can join in by typing "/room Vanilla12" in the chat bar. Huzzah!
It won't let me in! Bah.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #90880 on: October 06, 2012, 11:04:09 pm »

It won't let me in! Bah.
I joined, but even though I logged in it was saying I had to log in to speak

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90881 on: October 07, 2012, 12:45:31 am »

I request assistance. I can't seem to slip back into my more modern vernacular. My brain seems to be stuck in Posh British Butler mode.

This is most disconcerting.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #90882 on: October 07, 2012, 12:50:24 am »

It'll clear itself up after a couple of days. No worries.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90883 on: October 07, 2012, 12:51:19 am »

As of yet, there is no known cure for Butlerspeak, aside from patience and crumpets.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #90884 on: October 07, 2012, 01:19:20 am »

It won't let me in! Bah.
I joined, but even though I logged in it was saying I had to log in to speak
If you mad an account and want to be able to play again six months from now when we remember this game again, I suggest you verify your account by email while you can still remember you password, otherwise there's no way of recovering it. To do that, you have to go into menu and click "change my password".

Also, I'm sorry I could be around for most of the playing, as there has been family over for most of the week, and tonight we were watching Hunger Games, which was a lot better than I expected. Some people might not have liked it because didn't really get into the action a third or maybe even halfway into the film. But the non-action parts were full of character building and exploring the social structure of the underlying society. And the whole thing wasn't just a set-up for a romance story, as I had heard (maybe later stuff turns it into that, but it's possible that the people I heard that from where mistaken; at the very least, this part managed to be cool).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 6057 6058 [6059] 6060 6061 ... 13312