Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6176 6177 [6178] 6179 6180 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14551448 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #92655 on: October 29, 2012, 01:54:57 pm »

Coober Pedy's a pretty cool place. It blows shit up looking for shiny rocks and doesn't afraid of anything.

I distinctly remember it being the only place in the world where you could buy dynamite at the grocer's. On the same shelf as beer. Also, very dorfy in that almost everything's underground. Although that didn't seem necessarily such a great idea when you're sleeping in an underground hostel and the walls are shaking slightly with a muffled thump every time somebody was blasting. And a number of signs were pentalingual (IIRC, it was English, Greek, Serbo-Croatian, whatever the local Aboriginal dialect is, and something else....German, maybe?)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92656 on: October 29, 2012, 01:58:54 pm »

Teamwork is actually kinda cool if it's the kinda work where the work is actually split. Less work for me, wheeee!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92657 on: October 29, 2012, 02:00:49 pm »

And a number of signs were pentalingual (IIRC, it was English, Greek, Serbo-Croatian, whatever the local Aboriginal dialect is, and something else....German, maybe?)
Probably because, if you're going to be giving everyone dynamite in a city full of underground houses, you want to make damn sure they can read the signs saying "There is a house here, try not to blow it up".
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92658 on: October 29, 2012, 02:03:15 pm »

And a number of signs were pentalingual (IIRC, it was English, Greek, Serbo-Croatian, whatever the local Aboriginal dialect is, and something else....German, maybe?)
Probably because, if you're going to be giving everyone dynamite in a city full of underground houses, you want to make damn sure they can read the signs saying "There is a house here, try not to blow it up".
Or alternatively, "The guy who lives here is an asshole with lots of shiny things in his house, please blow it up."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92659 on: October 29, 2012, 02:08:37 pm »

One of my friends has been running a D&D campaign this semester, and he had one player drop out after the first session. I've been observing this campaign for a while, and thought it looked fun. I expressed interest to him, and he agreed to let me join now. We worked on my character for several hours late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, getting him up to level 11 to match the rest of the party, and getting me acquainted with the game mechanics. Tonight is the first session that I will be playing in, and my character is awesome. Star Pact Warlock, with the Master of the Starry Night Paragon Path. The way my character gets introduced?

Mook rush. Me versus a bunch of weak enemies, so I can show off to the rest of the party. Yes. Hell yes. Hell fucking yes.

EDIT: In fact, that gives me an idea for a minimalist RtD that I want to run at some point. Maybe over Christmas break.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:11:19 pm by Mego »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #92660 on: October 29, 2012, 02:15:10 pm »

Coober Pedy's a pretty cool place. It blows shit up looking for shiny rocks and doesn't afraid of anything.

I distinctly remember it being the only place in the world where you could buy dynamite at the grocer's. On the same shelf as beer. Also, very dorfy in that almost everything's underground. Although that didn't seem necessarily such a great idea when you're sleeping in an underground hostel and the walls are shaking slightly with a muffled thump every time somebody was blasting. And a number of signs were pentalingual (IIRC, it was English, Greek, Serbo-Croatian, whatever the local Aboriginal dialect is, and something else....German, maybe?)
Random piece of Knowledge, Keep in mind if you say Serbo-croatian out loud someone will come and beat the ever-loving shit out of you. Just keep in mind. It's Serbian, AND croatian. Different.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #92661 on: October 29, 2012, 02:17:35 pm »

One of my friends has been running a D&D campaign this semester, and he had one player drop out after the first session. I've been observing this campaign for a while, and thought it looked fun. I expressed interest to him, and he agreed to let me join now. We worked on my character for several hours late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, getting him up to level 11 to match the rest of the party, and getting me acquainted with the game mechanics. Tonight is the first session that I will be playing in, and my character is awesome. Star Pact Warlock, with the Master of the Starry Night Paragon Path. The way my character gets introduced?

Mook rush. Me versus a bunch of weak enemies, so I can show off to the rest of the party. Yes. Hell yes. Hell fucking yes.

EDIT: In fact, that gives me an idea for a minimalist RtD that I want to run at some point. Maybe over Christmas break.

I'll be getting into a D&D campaign full of my friends next weekend. My character concept is a lawful neutral Dread Necromancer who is a priest to one of the gods who judges the dead. Each clerical domain has its own language, too, apparently, so my Dread Necromancer priest knows "Inquisition" as a language (that is, the verbal embodiment of "Do what I say, and answer my questions, NOW") with 5 ranks in intimidate. He also has Tomb-Tainted Soul, so he can use his own touch attack to heal himself. That is, he holds his hands like he's praying, and he recovers HP. Oh, also Disguise for my eventual undead minions, who will appear to be my followers. I'm just a priest, guys, for real, NOW STOP ASKING QUESTIONS.

Should be tons of fun.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92662 on: October 29, 2012, 02:28:06 pm »

This video contains humongous amounts of awesome.
You are warned.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92663 on: October 29, 2012, 02:29:21 pm »

I'll be getting into a D&D campaign full of my friends next weekend. My character concept is a lawful neutral Dread Necromancer who is a priest to one of the gods who judges the dead. Each clerical domain has its own language, too, apparently, so my Dread Necromancer priest knows "Inquisition" as a language (that is, the verbal embodiment of "Do what I say, and answer my questions, NOW") with 5 ranks in intimidate. He also has Tomb-Tainted Soul, so he can use his own touch attack to heal himself. That is, he holds his hands like he's praying, and he recovers HP. Oh, also Disguise for my eventual undead minions, who will appear to be my followers. I'm just a priest, guys, for real, NOW STOP ASKING QUESTIONS.

Should be tons of fun.

"Are you sure you're a priest?"
"Almost positive!"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #92664 on: October 29, 2012, 02:33:51 pm »

Random piece of Knowledge, Keep in mind if you say Serbo-croatian out loud someone will come and beat the ever-loving shit out of you. Just keep in mind. It's Serbian, AND croatian. Different.
Yeah, yeah. That's shorthand for "Cyrillic alphabet, wasn't Russian."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #92665 on: October 29, 2012, 02:34:42 pm »

Should be tons of fun.

"Almost positive!"

It will be kind of complicated, because he took an oath of honesty (for flavor), so he won't be able to lie (which extends to cannot misdirect information). He can still refuse to divulge information though.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92666 on: October 29, 2012, 02:45:26 pm »

This video contains humongous amounts of awesome.
You are warned.
Shameless self-quote,  but holy fuck, LilLilDeuce, the guy who made the asdfmovie songs, asked that guy to 8-bitify some of his songs.
Just to give you an impression of how good this is.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92667 on: October 29, 2012, 02:48:34 pm »

Should be tons of fun.

"Almost positive!"

It will be kind of complicated, because he took an oath of honesty (for flavor), so he won't be able to lie (which extends to cannot misdirect information). He can still refuse to divulge information though.

Meanwhile, my character is Chaotic Good. "I'm helping you, I promise!" "PLEASE STOP HELPING ME I'M FINE!" "But, this one spell will fix everything!" "MY EYES ARE ON FIRE AUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" "There, now you can't feel the pain of your severed arm!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92668 on: October 29, 2012, 03:13:41 pm »

Except that chaotic evil tends to be a stand-in term for "LOL I NO WAT WOOD BE FUNNY I CAN BE RANDOM AND VIOLENT LIKE DAT ONE GUY FRUM DA WEBCOMX". Actually playing chaotic evil as chaotic evil rather than chaotic stupid takes a delicate touch and more than a little insanity.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #92669 on: October 29, 2012, 03:25:23 pm »

Except that chaotic evil tends to be a stand-in term for "LOL I NO WAT WOOD BE FUNNY I CAN BE RANDOM AND VIOLENT LIKE DAT ONE GUY FRUM DA WEBCOMX". Actually playing chaotic evil as chaotic evil rather than chaotic stupid takes a delicate touch and more than a little insanity.
Lawful evil is the corrupt king, overlord of all, the judge, jury, and executioner.
Neutral evil is the walking dark, a force of nature, a force of horror.
Chaotic evil doesn't know it's evil, it just wants to see what color the inside of your bones are.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 6176 6177 [6178] 6179 6180 ... 13312