Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6431 6432 [6433] 6434 6435 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14538656 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96480 on: December 30, 2012, 01:25:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I love the draw your adventures thread.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96481 on: December 30, 2012, 02:43:10 pm »

I found the 'species' game.

I now have dinosaur-like creatures roaming around, slowly going extinct because they have predated most of their prey to near-extinction.

http://www.speciesgame.com/
That game looks like Spore done right.

Oh wow... sure, it could use a bit of polish, but color me intrigued! Also, the devblog is both interesting and hilarious.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96482 on: December 30, 2012, 03:20:10 pm »

Just played it.

THERE ARE DEAD THINGS EVERYWHERE!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96483 on: December 30, 2012, 03:39:26 pm »

Yeah, my world is now populated by herds of bug-eyed green apes, and the giant monster spidercrabs that feast on them.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96484 on: December 30, 2012, 04:02:24 pm »

So a friend posted that awesome picture of a girl putting a flower on a bayonet of a guard at the Pentagon from the Vietnam War protests.

I immediately thought of Watchmen, heh, awesome movie that, so here's a neat clip, too bad there isn't one with the original music, but eh, this works just as well.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #96485 on: December 30, 2012, 04:27:55 pm »

I have finally gotten an improved version of the class mod I've been using for my main in Borderlands 2. I've had my old mod for 27 levels and this is the first time I've seen a straight-up improved version of it; So happy ҉
Also, the Bar Room Blitz is really fun and surprisingly easy with the right gear.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #96486 on: December 30, 2012, 04:42:34 pm »

Now it has been three days without a cigarette. I think it's safe to say that I've kicked the habit. Yay!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #96487 on: December 30, 2012, 05:01:32 pm »

Now it has been three days without a cigarette. I think it's safe to say that I've kicked the habit. Yay!
Now wait till the habit kicks you.

((I'm bad at this whole supporting thing, an't I))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #96488 on: December 30, 2012, 05:06:31 pm »

I hate to be the guy to do this, but not just yet. There's a Cracked writer whos kicked alcoholism, and tried to quit smoking, so I'd look up those articles.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-life-lessons-you-only-learn-through-quitting-smoking/
http://www.cracked.com/article_19030_quitting-smoking-6-things-you-notice-about-stupid-world.html

There's another one about general addictions, but it leans more about aloholism.

The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96489 on: December 30, 2012, 05:17:35 pm »

It took my mother a year to quit smoking and a year to quit drinking, and that was cold turkey. I watched her go through the whole thing as a young child and felt proud of her when she managed to kick both habits. Nevertheless it doesn't take three days to quit a habit. It takes repetition, repetition, and more repetition to replace old habits with new ones.

I do hope you make it through this however. I pray for your success in fighting your nicotine addiction.

And now, as for something that has made me happy today. I managed to get my grocery shopping done, save $13.11 USD and get my mother a birthday card for this coming month. Now I'm going to have corn dogs for lunch. The small things feel good.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 05:19:19 pm by dei »

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #96490 on: December 30, 2012, 05:39:13 pm »

Speaking from experience, the first three days are by far the hardest, and while it's not really accurate to say the habit is kicked, once you do that you're over the hump.

The cravings do take about a year to go away, but after about a week they only last a few minutes. It's the first three days that you're basically just sitting there, all day long, wishing you could smoke a cigarette.

I also think it's very important to constantly tell yourself that you've quit and that you're successful. If you dwell on how long you have, or the fact that the cravings never really go away (I've been quit for two years and I still sometimes occasionally think, "Oh hey, a cigarette would be nice, even if it would make me terribly nauseated") then you aren't going to do it. You have to believe you've quit, because you have, and you have to remind yourself of your accomplishments, because every single day that you aren't smoking is an accomplishment.

So congratulations, anzki, now you just gotta keep it up.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 05:40:52 pm by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #96491 on: December 30, 2012, 06:10:42 pm »

Yeah, that was poorly phrased. What I meant is that the nicotine withdrawal is gone. That is; no more headache or any other such effects.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #96492 on: December 30, 2012, 07:06:37 pm »

Apparently Steam has an in-game web browser. This is great for games I want to AFK in that pause when I switch windows.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96493 on: December 30, 2012, 07:27:54 pm »

3 days is quite an achievement. I don't think I ever made it to 48 hours. From the money I spent on smoking in the last 18 or so years I probably could buy my appartement now. So keep it up and get rich by not doing anything.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96494 on: December 30, 2012, 09:03:53 pm »

I've learned how to control a beetle that is wandering around on my floor.
Touch left antennae with knife = Turn right
Touch right antennae with knife = Turn left
Touch both antennae at same time = fisticuffs.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 6431 6432 [6433] 6434 6435 ... 13312