Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6445 6446 [6447] 6448 6449 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14547234 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96690 on: January 02, 2013, 12:29:41 am »

Bought Chivalry: Medieval Warfare today.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96691 on: January 02, 2013, 12:32:59 am »

I've decided that when I'm too exhausted to learn Differential Equations, I'm going to recreationally watch statistics lectures.

What have I become.
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96692 on: January 02, 2013, 12:53:44 am »

COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS COMICS
Which comics? Out of curiosity.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96693 on: January 02, 2013, 01:50:31 am »

My friend and I did some L4D2 with two AIs.
I decided to only use melee.  Naturally, I managed to do much better than I did with the gun.
I also decided to never use a medpack on myself.  This worked unpredictably well.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96694 on: January 02, 2013, 02:21:34 am »

Which comics? Out of curiosity.

I was hoping someone would ask. :P I'm in the mood to gush right now.
Today I bought The Whistling Skull #1, Talon #3, The Manhattan Projects #8, Deathmatch #1 and Blackacre #1 and #2.
To be honest I was actually disappointed by The Whistling Skull. I was instantly smitten with the art and the characters, and indeed the artwork is excellent, but the writing just seemed really flat. Oh well, it was still a bit of fun.
Talon was good as usual, even though I mainly read it just to experience a DC comic that doesn't have decades of backstory and spin-offs I could never hope to catch up on. ::) Looking at you, Batman. Gives me a bit of a nostalgia hit and the writing ain't too terrible.

With the Manhattan Projects I really had no idea what to expect, I haven't read any of the previous seven issues. It was definitely an impulse buy, but also definitely worth it. Reading it actually reminded me of Bay12, to be honest, and it was what prompted my earlier post. It was pretty damn cool.
Deathmatch was alright, but I had no clue about the characters involved and wasn't too fond of the art style. "Meh" on that one.

Blackacre, finally, was freakin' awesome. I remember how excited I was when I saw the first issue's cover art in an ad for it in a copy of the new Shadowman I read a couple of weeks ago(which was, incidentally, terrible). I looked it up and was quite disappointed to discover that Michael Oeming(no idea how that's pronounced), the guy responsible for that particular cover, didn't do the rest of the art.
I saw it in the shop today and decided to pick it up regardless, and I'm very glad I did. Maybe I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic settings (I am), but it was seriously good. Definitely gonna have to follow this one.

...Whew, when I say "I'm in the mood to gush" I sure don't mess around, do I? :-\ I'm just escatic that I live somewhere I can buy comics regularly now.
Whee! Comics!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96695 on: January 02, 2013, 02:32:11 am »

Related to the thread topic, but not the current topic: Went and saw The Hobbit with a friend today. It was most excellent. I strongly recommend the movie. It takes some liberties with the source material, but the liberties taken are not very obtrusive. Unless you have near encyclopedic knowledge of the book, it shouldn't a problem.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96696 on: January 02, 2013, 02:53:33 am »

I've been watching some of Machinima's videos on YouTube. Steve and Larson really aren't that entertaining to me. Their voices and jokes sound forced.

And then I realized that Steve (or is it Larson?) sounds like Sarge from Red vs Blue. So, instead of watching their crappy-quality, high-budget humor, I decided to re-watch Rooster Teeth's high-quality, crappy-budget humor.

And that is the source of my happy for tonight.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #96697 on: January 02, 2013, 03:01:19 am »

So I was messing about on the internets and I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEgcLrgxUOw
Best combination ever.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96698 on: January 02, 2013, 03:08:24 am »

Oh man, I really really enjoyed watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  What the hell is happening to me?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #96699 on: January 02, 2013, 06:02:07 am »

I have been playing the first "Witcher" currently, it all been fun and love how most for the game plays out

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #96700 on: January 02, 2013, 06:04:46 am »

Computer organization. I freed up 20 gigabytes tonight.

That only leaves 40 free, but this is a long journey. I will prevail.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96701 on: January 02, 2013, 07:36:25 am »

So, finally, Finally, FINALLY! I have conquered the blasted fucking backspace key!

You see, when typing something or doing something important, it's a recurring them to accidentally hit the backspace key and it hurtles me back a page, and I just lose all my progress. After losing all my progress on an online app that I was doing, I had enough, I finally decided to see if there was a solution by searching on Google. It's something that just never occurred to me to do before.

Apparently, there's a command that lets you access all the obscure key bindings and whatnot inherent to Firefox, and I can just go right in there and turn that shit right off. So FINALLY, no more do I have to be perpetually paranoid that hitting the backspace key will destroy my work, it's gone forever.

It really was a detrimental feature, since I've never had to make a legitimate, practical usage of the backspace key to actually go back to a previous page. A fucking relic of an era that's long and dead, that feature was. I don't need to worry about it anymore, it's finally buried and behind me now. Good riddance.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #96702 on: January 02, 2013, 07:52:40 am »

And this is why you should use Chrome! :D
If you backspace, then forward on Chrome, your forms are saved. Love it :D It's especially useful when Bay12 throws an error.

/Chrome salesperson

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #96703 on: January 02, 2013, 08:03:32 am »

True, but i use both Chrome and Firefox, in-case one other them decide to not work

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96704 on: January 02, 2013, 10:17:52 am »

Made the decision to swear off hard liquor. Cause once I start, I just don't have the self-control to stop. Took a 375ml bottle of bourbon with me on New Year's Eve. Apparently I drank the whole thing. On top of a few beers and a couple of glasses of wine. I was buzzing but coherent and stable before the bourbon came out. I don't remember much of anything after that, and I really didn't feel like I was hitting the bottle all that hard.

Posting this in the happy thread because it was way easier to make that decision than I expected.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 6445 6446 [6447] 6448 6449 ... 13312