Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6539 6540 [6541] 6542 6543 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14550457 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98100 on: January 24, 2013, 10:30:23 pm »

1. I now have a job as an official tutor at my college. Hooray for getting my first job!

2. I made a situationally invincible Tropius and won a battle with it on Pokemon Online. (The battle simulator.) It does have its kryptonites, though. Here's how it works.

Stallnanasaurus Rex

Ability: Harvest. This Pokemon recovers its item at the end of the round so long as it's sunny.
Previous setup: Toxic spikes to poison the enemy Pokemon as they switch in, Groudon/Ninetales making it perpetually sunny, and Aqua Ring/Ingrain passed to hi for 12.5% regeneration per turn.

Turn 1: Substitute. Lose 25% HP, make a 50% HP wall that blocks an enemy attack. If they break it (almost certain), no damage carries over. Gain 12.5% HP from ingrain/aqua ring. If they don't, you can use Toxic or Leech Seed on the next turn before moving on to...

Turn 2: Protect. Take no damage, heal 12.5%.

Turn 3: Same as turn 1.

And so forth. The Leppa berry means that any move that nears running out of PP will be restored. You can literally stall like this forever. Invest EVs into speed to get your substitutes out quickly. Pump up the defenses to survive priority moves that hit before the substitute.

Kryptonite: Mamoswine's Ice Shard is a priority move that will OHKO Tropius, no matter the defense. Taunt limits you to attacking moves, which you almost definitely don't have with this set. Getting a status effect before a substitute comes up will fuck you up, especially paralyze or sleep. (Technically frozen, too, but almost any ice move that hits you dead-on will murder you.) Basic poison and burns can be pushed through via leech seed, but it cracks the armor of the beast somewhat.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98101 on: January 24, 2013, 11:04:37 pm »

[hugs] thank you all. :)

Also I might sort of been hired by a local lawyer now.... I don't think it's full time and it'd be independent contractor. It's odd. I can't quite figure out what to make of him saying this to another lawyer:

"Hey, [name of other lawyer] Fuck you. He's mine. Don't go getting ideas; I saw him first. Get your own."

:P
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:07:31 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98102 on: January 24, 2013, 11:44:49 pm »

1. I now have a job as an official tutor at my college. Hooray for getting my first job!

2. I made a situationally invincible Tropius and won a battle with it on Pokemon Online. (The battle simulator.) It does have its kryptonites, though. Here's how it works.

Stallnanasaurus Rex

Ability: Harvest. This Pokemon recovers its item at the end of the round so long as it's sunny.
Previous setup: Toxic spikes to poison the enemy Pokemon as they switch in, Groudon/Ninetales making it perpetually sunny, and Aqua Ring/Ingrain passed to hi for 12.5% regeneration per turn.

Turn 1: Substitute. Lose 25% HP, make a 50% HP wall that blocks an enemy attack. If they break it (almost certain), no damage carries over. Gain 12.5% HP from ingrain/aqua ring. If they don't, you can use Toxic or Leech Seed on the next turn before moving on to...

Turn 2: Protect. Take no damage, heal 12.5%.

Turn 3: Same as turn 1.

And so forth. The Leppa berry means that any move that nears running out of PP will be restored. You can literally stall like this forever. Invest EVs into speed to get your substitutes out quickly. Pump up the defenses to survive priority moves that hit before the substitute.

Well, I do believe that'd wall my team mightily. The best thing that could even TRY to take care of it would be a pumped up Moxiemence. Maybe as you said a Mamoswine, but I don't carry it.
Though honestly you get a phaser whirlwinding/roaring out your Stallasaurus after stealth rock? 25% damage every time he switches in... Oh wait, ingrain blocks roar, doesn't it?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #98103 on: January 24, 2013, 11:54:41 pm »

You bet it does.  :P And Whirlwind, and Dragon Tail, and Circle Throw... It's hilarious. That battle I won took me 405 turns to PP stall an entire Ubers team. (Unfortunately, it was also a stall team and prepared to do some waiting.) It's brutally slow, but inexorable. The best kind of death-by-banana.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98104 on: January 25, 2013, 12:01:21 am »

Are you on Pokemon Showdown? If so, I wouldn't mind throwing either my UU or OU teams at Stallasaurus.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #98105 on: January 25, 2013, 12:05:56 am »

Generally Pokemon Online, but I've been meaning to try out Pokemon Showdown sometime. (I admit that the Banana Beast is only very situationally useful. It is complete crap if the enemy has a way to change the weather, OHKO it before a sub comes up, or any number of things. A late game ringer, at best.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98106 on: January 25, 2013, 12:10:16 am »

Its power lies more in convincing the opponent to quit out of boredom.

And yeah, I've got Showdown going. Not a particularly well set up team, but it seems to work.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98108 on: January 25, 2013, 12:23:35 am »

Awesome.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98109 on: January 25, 2013, 12:39:33 am »

Now we just need an appreciably fast way of reading it. Still, handy for a long-term archive that you don't expect to access often or where something compact and undetectable is of critical importance.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98110 on: January 25, 2013, 12:53:07 am »

I'm not sure about the potential of DNA itself, but that's great news.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #98111 on: January 25, 2013, 12:56:54 am »

That last part in the article gave me the craziest hentai plot ideas...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98112 on: January 25, 2013, 01:04:51 am »

It is inadvisable to store useful information on your own DNA. Your DNA holds the information for "make human", and messing with that would not end well.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #98113 on: January 25, 2013, 01:29:10 am »

i has new truck!
Woo! What kind?

i has new truck!
A real truck or are you playing Euro Truck Simulator 2? :P

A 2012 Nissan Frontier quad cab with 7 miles on the odometer.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #98114 on: January 25, 2013, 01:32:46 am »

It is inadvisable to store useful information on your own DNA. Your DNA holds the information for "make human", and messing with that would not end well.

Eh, the vast majority if your DNA is junk. Make sure not to include the "make a protein out of this section" sequence and you can mess around with it without too much consequence.
Pages: 1 ... 6539 6540 [6541] 6542 6543 ... 13312